Thread: The story of Monty-Dan | Forums

I know Monty's around here somewhere so I must be quick in saying this.

I remember when Monty-Dan was just a weeeee noob and went by the name:

montydan

It wasn't long before he started to grow and learn new skills. Caps lock and special characters. All of a sudden he became:

Monty_Dan

After learning the fine art of characters and typing he developed further and went on to be known as:

Monty-Dan

Now you may be noticing some corrulation on the letters here, or rather the special character in the middle and I submit that this guy will no doubt become far too big for his own self and probably start by going by the name of:

Monty¯Dan or maybe
    Monty=Dan or even
    Monty"Dan

but anyway I S~ him for his great movies and leave you with the ultimate contemplation......

How long do you thing it will take him to be known as:

The Don!!!!!!!

S~ All

PS: Bored at work!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I know Monty's around here somewhere so I must be quick in saying this.

I remember when Monty-Dan was just a weeeee noob and went by the name:

montydan

It wasn't long before he started to grow and learn new skills. Caps lock and special characters. All of a sudden he became:

Monty_Dan

After learning the fine art of characters and typing he developed further and went on to be known as:

Monty-Dan

Now you may be noticing some corrulation on the letters here, or rather the special character in the middle and I submit that this guy will no doubt become far too big for his own self and probably start by going by the name of:

Monty¯Dan or maybe
    Monty=Dan or even
    Monty"Dan

but anyway I S~ him for his great movies and leave you with the ultimate contemplation......

How long do you thing it will take him to be known as:

The Don!!!!!!!

S~ All

PS: Bored at work!!!!

Well, in private, he lets me call him Dannyboy, but I'm sort of a special case. (No, not that way...) In mixed company, he prefers the hipper and more youthful MD. But among high-society types, he insists on Don Monté. He's a complex man who moves in many different circles. Equally at home with presidents or paupers, saints or sinners. A legend in his own time, it's difficult to say just where the legend ends and the man begins. Truly a moviemaker for all seasons.
    ~~~~~

Learn how to make your own IL-2 movies here: Dart's Filmmaking Tutorial and Machinima Movie Theatre

Download the film "Faith, Hope and C

Well I must say I'm taken aback by your reply.

You must be pandering to almost every whim to be held in such high favour. I'm lucky if I get the champagne dregs from his silver goblet but thats another story

Personnel I wouldn't do the last one on the list and I hope you have the moral fibre to resist his requests.

No, I've already been kicked to the curb. But it wasn't always this way. I had regular access to the man when he was just an up-and-comer. Truth be told, I couldn't get him off my back in the early days. "GL2, what do you think of this idea?" "Yo, GL2. How 'bout this one?"

But that was all pre-V1. That was before the agents, the contract offers, the women and the bottomless champagne. Now I'm the one who has to call him. And when I do, I inevitably wind up arguing for 15 minutes with some goon from his €˜posse€ to get him to put me through.

€œJust tell him, it€s GL2..€¦No, it€s spelled G-L-2€¦..Huh?.....No, you idiot, the number two, as in U2€¦..I didn€t say, €˜You, too,€ I meant the band.....Look, would you just put me through, already?!!€

But even if I do get through, I€m lucky if I get five minutes of his divided attention. Usually, it€s more like, €œHey, GL baby, you caught me at a bad time. I've got LA on the other line. Look, just shoot me an email, and I'll see what I can do for you. Got to go." <click>

He used to care what I had to say about his work. I was a respected film critic. My opinion counted for something. Now I feel so...used...and dirty. Like just another stepping stone on his path to cinematic glory. Tell me he didn€t do the same to you, BBloke.
    ~~~~~

Learn how to make your own IL-2 movies here: Dart's Filmmaking Tutorial and Machinima Movie Theatre

I hear ya loud and clear.

He's obviously only told you one half of the story. Power, fame and glory have gone straight to his head and directly to his ever bulging wallet.

oh....sorry did he not mention this to you?!?! Scandalous.

I feel ashamed I let it slip but another "vulturous leech", to quote him verbatim, in the running for "his hard earn millions".... to wit, he earned, obviously off the backs of others. Who he has now "shunned so hard"!!!

Gods not the only one who knows how hard I have tried to reclaim some cold hard cash. My solicitors have given up. All live in fear of the one they call "The Master".

I'm certain we are not alone but we are the only ones man enough to voice our thoughts and feelings. I'm sure many others have been reading this with trepidation but refuse to "come out of the closet". I'm sure if we all stand together and shout we could smash this monopoly that is Monty-Dan Movies, or better know as M-D-M .

How long do you think we have? Minutes, Hours or days!!!

I feel for ya, GL2 but what can we do!!

I feel I am, in my own small way, responsible for this grandiose inflation that has taken place.

Initially it was politeness, albeit cockiness on my behalf, when answering his salutation on the UBI lobby when we met up at 21:00 daily.

(Remember those days Bbloke? When I added your sever as a 'friend' in my n00bish fervour)

His favoured salutation was 'Good Evening Sir!', despite my proclivity to return said acknowledgement with my more characteristic "'ello mate'" I deemed it more fitting and less churlish to proffer 'Good Evening Squire'.

Needless to say, once I had commenced feeding the ego to be, this soon became 'good evening your Lord Ship' and the remainder of the story we now know.

Fitting in part that he now requires me to play the hapless Zero pilot who has volunteered, in some misguided Kamikaze desire, to be the target drone for none other than SlickStick and Bbloke.
    The purpose you may ask?
    Surely to further his self aggrandisement and already over stuffed wallet in his latest mega million $$ MDM release.

And my reward for suffering this humiliation that will be foisted on to my peers in this community?

An 8CM diameter piece of plastic, some sort of medal no doubt. Bet I have to supply my own ribbon

p.s.

Carry on the good work Monty!!
    [hr]
    The DangerDogz and HellHounds Kennels
    [hr]

[color:green][i]Why don't we just take the safety labels off

And then there were three€¦

While I welcome this thread as a much-needed catharsis, it's bittersweet to know I was living so long with the proverbial wool over my eyes. Despite his repeated assurances I had an "exclusive," I've long suspected there were others. Still, it€s shocking finally to see the full depth of the deception. To say my worst fears have been realized would be an achievement in understatement.

I can look back now on the post-V1 hell that was my life and marvel at how far I€ve come since then. Of course, I€ll never forget the torment of those days€¦the self-imposed exile from the forums--the compulsive email purging--the spontaneous outbursts of laughing/weeping--the rampant pillow unstuffing--the Twinkie binging.

Though the healing continues, I take solace in the knowledge I€ve endured the worst of the refiner€s fire and survived. Yes, I€m alive and standing and stronger for it. Oh, I still catch myself checking my inbox for a pre-release film file with a frantic note begging for an eleventh-hour critique, but I€ve discovered the power of self-talk and learned to make good use of the master power switch on my surge-protector. Now I€m just grateful the lies and betrayal are over. There€s nothing left to do but file it all away under €œFilthy Memories.€
    ~~~~~

It does appear that the swelling of "attendees" has stopped. Yet I fear more are in the side lines waiting for the final leap of faith when we can prove we can smite this evil forever.

I know I have a long hard road ahead of me, the psychiatrist has already confirmed it. It does seem as though our angst has been endured and suffered for nothing. No thank you, no kiss-my-*s*, no nothing.

I've worked my fingers to the bone. Literally. Even typing this sends cataclysmic shockwaves down my arms and through my entire body. I can bearly stem the flow of blood oozing from my stubs and onto the keys.

When will this trauma end.... Please mods save me from this madness and lock it!!!!!

Pulllleeeeeese