Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Translations of "Nothing is True, Everything is permitted" | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

My friends and I are planning on getting "Nothing is True, Everything is permitted" tattoos in our various ancestries' languages (Arabic, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Urdu, Hebrew and Cantonese) but we are having trouble getting all the variations. Obviously some of these will require new translations but, since AS2 was released with Spanish and Italian dubs and (I think) Russian subs, I was hoping you good people here could help us out.

The Renaissance Italian in the game is "Nulla é reale, tutto é lecito" and the modern Italian seems to be "Niente è allineare tutto è consentito."

I haven't gotten the Arabic for sure but I found a source online that said it was "La'shai sahih bel kullu shai'n mumkin" but I found another that said it was "la shey’a haqeeqiyun wa kulu shey’in mubaah." I start taking Arabic this summer but I was hoping someone could post the the full answer before then.

Does anyone have the Spanish or Russian used? I think the Spanish would be "Nada es (or está) real, todo está permitido." or maybe less literally "Nada es verdad. Todo está permitido."

Any help would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

La shai wak'ion motlaq bal kollon momken (Arabic) translates roughly to "Nothing is true, anything is possible".
    ????? ?? ?????, ??? ??? ???????? is Russian for "Nothing is true, all is possible" I think.
    Not quite sure what the Spanish one is, but I think it shouldn't be too different from Italian. An online translator puts it as Nada es verdadero que algo es posible.

Hope that helps, awesome tats!

We are all books containing thousands of pages, and within each lies an irreparable truth.
    Shinjitsu nani mo nai. Nani demo kanodesu.

Originally posted by hexagram_oracle:
    My friends and I are planning on getting "Nothing is True, Everything is permitted" tattoos in our various ancestries' languages (Arabic, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Urdu, Hebrew and Cantonese)...
    The Renaissance Italian in the game is "Nulla é reale, tutto é lecito" and the modern Italian seems to be "Niente è allineare tutto è consentito."
    I am Italian and can say that the translations you have are quite horrible!

The first Translation is wrong: we translate "True"="Vero" ("Reale" means "real"), also we use "lecito" as in englis you use "legal/right".
    If you want some good translations in Italian use: "Nulla è vero, tutto è concesso." "Niente è vero, tutto è concesso." .

The second translation is partially wrong: "allineare" means "to line up"; "consentito" is correct but (from my point of view) it is less musical then "concesso"!

There can be many small variations of this phrase but with my translations you should be more than fine.
    I hope I was helpful!

No offence to anyone on this forum but seeing as you're going to have this tattoo on you for the rest of your life I would do a hell of a lot of research into the correct transaltions before you take the word of anyone on here.

Where on your body are you planning to get the tat done?

Theres only a few places on the body where a long line of text doesn't look ridiculous so thats another thing to consider. The outside of the forearm and leg, the top of the chest and the back. You might also get it down the side of your ribcage but that will be pretty painful.

If you're going to do this, do it properly... don't ask random chumps(again no offence meant) on a forum for their opinion. Put the effort in and do the reasearch, you'll get the best end result

Oh and expect to pay a fair amount of coin for a good tattoo artist, make sure to watch him/her working at some point before you pick them. Also if they have a photobook of their past work have a look at that.

You may already know all this but I think its worth mentioning just incase you haven't thought it through properly lol

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    No offence to anyone on this forum but seeing as you're going to have this tattoo on you for the rest of your life I would do a hell of a lot of research into the correct transaltions before you take the word of anyone on here.
    Even if my translation is accurate I totally agree with you <span class="ev_code_RED">Rob</span>!

Ok, you'll probably want it in one of those languages you mentioned, but just so you know, in portuguese it's "Nada é verdade, tudo é permitido". (I'm portuguese, so rest assured that's well translated.)

Good luck with that tattoo.

Damn, why didn't i thought of that sooner? Now i want a tattoo like that
    "Theres no such thing as a stupid question, until you ask it"
    "I'm thinking about starting to view trolling as a spectator sport. On the field (read: Forum) are two opposing teams: The Admins and the Trolls. Kind of like a one-sided Land Grab game w

Hey wasn't there a image of a sketch made by this guy who wanted to get the text around the image? Where did it go? I was planning to use that image to get an idea of what I want to get as a tattoo and I can't find the image now =/

he never finished the text, I remember faintly what you're talking about. If I remember the same thing you are he never finished. And ya, where are you guys planning to put the tats? Please do not say on your stomach or something

Originally posted by sgt_brent
    If I told you, then I'd have to mark and execute you..

In spanish (I'm mexican) the best translation would be "Nada es verdad. Todo está permitido". This translation was featured in the first AC but i can't recall if it was the same one in ACII though.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast