Thread: Latest winter maps- missing something? | Forums

After reading a post in ORR about the Kurland winter and Murmansk maps, I explored them. I was surprised that the Kurland winter map has ample snow, but none of the buildings or trees has any snow on them. It's as though both the autumn and winter maps use the same objects rather than using the snow-covered objects in the winter map. Also, whereas Oleg's winter maps offer a winter paint scheme for the aircraft, the Kurland and Murmansk maps do not. I'm hoping this can be adjusted in a future patch, but it may be too much to ask. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any additions to the FMB map library, but consistent follow through would help considerably.
    "How can you sit in the cockpit of a damaged airplane, half blind, half paralyzed, sticking your fingers through a hole in your head, and be objective about the matter?" - Saburo Sakai
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

After reading a post in ORR about the Kurland winter and Murmansk maps, I explored them. I was surprised that the Kurland winter map has ample snow, but none of the buildings or trees has any snow on them. It's as though both the autumn and winter maps use the same objects rather than using the snow-covered objects in the winter map. Also, whereas Oleg's winter maps offer a winter paint scheme for the aircraft, the Kurland and Murmansk maps do not. I'm hoping this can be adjusted in a future patch, but it may be too much to ask. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any additions to the FMB map library, but consistent follow through would help considerably.
    "How can you sit in the cockpit of a damaged airplane, half blind, half paralyzed, sticking your fingers through a hole in your head, and be objective about the matter?" - Saburo Sakai

The green trees on the Kurland winter map aren't a mistake - we wanted them to be like that (slight snow cover - more or less). The lack of winter skins on the planes is a limitation of the engine which - for whatever reason - linked the skin version (summer or winter) to the water on the map. If the water is frozen the skin will be the winter one, if there is no ice the summer skins will be displayed.

AFAIR Ian has given some explanations in the readme of Patch 4.01.

My Modelling Workbench