Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Wheel Support | Forums

I can't believe it! My G-25 don't work at all.

How can they release it without wheel support. I hope they add it in an update and make a better job than EA did in Hot Pursuit.

I was really looking forward to tank slappin my muscle cars around Frisco
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How can they release it without wheel support. I hope they add it in an update and make a better job than EA did in Hot Pursuit.

I was really looking forward to tank slappin my muscle cars around Frisco

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMGaZipee:

I was really looking forward to tank slappin my muscle cars around Frisco </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you not know by now? It's because the handling requires quick flicking which can't happen on a wheel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Traviizter:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMGaZipee:

I was really looking forward to tank slappin my muscle cars around Frisco </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you not know by now? It's because the handling requires quick flicking which can't happen on a wheel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not been following any dev announcements or forum chatter. I downloaded both the 360 & PS3 demo's last week. I noticed that the 360 version looked better and ran @ 1080p and the PS3 ran @ 720p. That was the 1st time I had any exposure to the game. I noticed that there was no wheel support on the demo but that can sometimes be the case with demo's. As you can see, I only joined the forum today afer unpacking my game & setting up a UPlay account. I opted for the inferior graphics of PS3 by the way because I don't have Xbox gold.

So, from your response, I assume wheel support will never be added.

The thing about wheele support is that the game would require you to steer alot so you may tire you arms
    ------------------------------

Level 40
    (PS3)
    rank 1 in tag for wins
    rank 1 in trailblazer for wins
    Multiplayer

no wheel support
    no day/night cycle, huh 2011 and no day cycle i mean come on first one had it on a console which had less power than some current calculators

of course sheep will be happy with everything

glad it was just a rental for me, makes driver 3 goty material which was an average slap job

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">of course sheep will be happy with everything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    YOU CAN'T TRUST THE SYSTEM MAN!!!!!!!!!!
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

They announced months ago that there would be no wheel support for this game. Also does the game not cycling between day and night break the game in any way? No, it doesn't. You people that always bring up games from 1 or 2 console generations ago must forget that it takes a lot more processing power and such to do those things you want so much. You can't compare games built for today's consoles to past generations. There are some games where the amount of data to handle one character/object is more than what past games would have for the entire game. Now just multiply that out by everything in the game and you can see where things get hard to include everything. By all means go ahead and keep complaining though because you won't buy a game unless it has everything that you want in it. I guess you will never buy a game again. More copies for people that want them.

The excuse given by Reflections for not supporting wheels is an insult to anyone who played Driver 1 with a FFB wheel.

The real reason is that publishers like UBI are focusing on the console market, and the vast majority of console users play with gamepads. Microsoft provides unified development software for free that allows to develop for both the PC and consoles almost simultaneously. The only problem is their software only symbolically supports modern wheels with 900° rotation and it doesn't support real Force Feedback but only Microsoft's 'vibration feedback' crap for gamepads. As a result, publishers either put out crap wheel support (TDU 2, GTA 4, NFS HP) or none at all (Mafia 2, Crash Time 4).

Driver 1 with a FFB steering wheel offered a stellar driving experience that many old timers remember fondly. Shame on Ubisoft for spitting on the series' die-hard fans.

Agree with Sonnybur....short sighting game developing...pure and simple.

Fortunately D:SF will, it appears, support wheels on the PC although a dippy decision not to support them on consoles.

Guess it will be the PC version for me !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast