Thread: Chaos Theory in coop mode, a hoax???? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I bought 2 official versions of SP:ct.
    Installed em both, used the official keys and after that started a LAN coop game to have some fun with a friend.
    After 2hours of trying to play with eachother ;
    (even joining eachothers games for 10secs) etc.
    We became rly pissed cause we couldnt play with eachother. I took the SC discs out of the drives and what do i see??? 2 discs with identicaly the same CDKEY, so me and my friend have been trying to play with eachother for nothing cause ubisofts totaly F***up security system disconnects us, but does give us the same keys on games making it impossible to play with eachother.
    If i can i'll legaly persue ubi for this and no way in hell i'll ever buy a ubisoft game again.

learn to distribute games without ripping ppl off
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I bought 2 official versions of SP:ct.
    Installed em both, used the official keys and after that started a LAN coop game to have some fun with a friend.
    After 2hours of trying to play with eachother ;
    (even joining eachothers games for 10secs) etc.
    We became rly pissed cause we couldnt play with eachother. I took the SC discs out of the drives and what do i see??? 2 discs with identicaly the same CDKEY, so me and my friend have been trying to play with eachother for nothing cause ubisofts totaly F***up security system disconnects us, but does give us the same keys on games making it impossible to play with eachother.
    If i can i'll legaly persue ubi for this and no way in hell i'll ever buy a ubisoft game again.

learn to distribute games without ripping ppl off

Banned
    the CD keys are the same for everyone. they use starforce as security protection for CT. with starforce you need to have the DVD in the optical drive to play the game. On the other hand there is the Online CD Key which is unique to each copy of the game. you should find them on the back of the manual starting with SC3-xxxx-xxx....

Now the problems with disconnect are nothing new. The community has had alot of bad luck with that issue and Ubisoft never did alot to correct the problem.

I would suggestions that may help you get the co-op working better.

Updating the game to v1.05 if you haven't done so already.

Check the firewall on each computer to be sure that the ports needed aren't being blocked.

Make sure that the Resolution and Refresh rate on each computer is the same.

Check your router so be sure that something isn't blocking the necessary ports on the computers. (you shouldn't have any problems here if your playing on LAN.)

Do a search of the CT forum. There were quite alot of topics about how people have had problems with Co-op and how they may have fixed them. You might find something usefull.

Finally, (this is just an off the wall guess) if you have a cheap router the game may never work. I upgraded from a standard linksys to a D-Link Gaming Router and i got much better performance and alot less disconnect issues with ALL my games.

good luck. :/<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_RED">My Maps: State Union|Horizon Corporation|Panama Bank</span>
    <span class="ev_code_red">Get the Map Pack: </span>SCCT All In One #5

And you get rewards even if you lose! It doesn't get much better than that.

I have 1.05v on both pc's
    i even turned the firewalls off just to be sure.
    I don't see what my resolution has to do with me disconnecting on a mplayer game but I think they're both the same cause i left both games on standard graphics settings.
    And for the router, we configured it a long time ago it works fine for everything except this game...

Banned
    Well, like i said alot of people weren't able to play the co-op function of the game properly. Pretty pathetic on the part of Ubi. You would think they learned their lesson and made it better but even the new SC: DA has horrible connection problems for versus.

The resolution and refresh rate is an issue because it was ported over from xbox and since xbox uses a standard resolution at 32 fps AND can do split screen the PC version is still buggy because of that. As a matter of fact the split screen from xbox is still on the PC version but only stretched off the monitor so that you can't see your partners screen. So basicly you are connecting to the server but shortly after your insertion you get disconnected because the two games aren't syncronizing properly. Nice work Ubi.

Anyhow, sorry for the bad luck but do take a look at the older posts there may be something to help you out if you read.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_RED">My Maps: State Union|Horizon Corporation|Panama Bank</span>
    <span class="ev_code_red">Get the Map Pack: </span>SCCT All In One #5

And you get rewards even if you lose! It doesn't get much better than that.

ok i have that problem again i got all my ports unlocked and its still saying that UBI service is unavalible and gameservice is offline