Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Megastore return policy | Forums

Well, I decided to return my copy of Lock On to my local Virgin Megastore for a refund because I lost all interest in trying to get it playing.

I had a whole speech ready because I was expecting the sales assistant to put up a fight - well, I had opened the game to try it. What totally amazed me was that the guy didn't even look in the DVD case - all he did was say "Ok Sir, sorry the game is faulty I'll give you a full cash refund" which hi did straight away. Nice one Virgin Megastores!

In a way I was sad to see it go under the counter because it promised a lot. On the otherhand I was glad to see the back of it lol!

So there you go, if you want to return your copy but fear you have no chance, give it a try as you might get lucky too.

Well, I decided to return my copy of Lock On to my local Virgin Megastore for a refund because I lost all interest in trying to get it playing.

I had a whole speech ready because I was expecting the sales assistant to put up a fight - well, I had opened the game to try it. What totally amazed me was that the guy didn't even look in the DVD case - all he did was say "Ok Sir, sorry the game is faulty I'll give you a full cash refund" which hi did straight away. Nice one Virgin Megastores!

In a way I was sad to see it go under the counter because it promised a lot. On the otherhand I was glad to see the back of it lol!

So there you go, if you want to return your copy but fear you have no chance, give it a try as you might get lucky too.

Yeah is this a software store? If so their return policy is alot more forgiving them say Walmart. So if your suggesting it was because the guy had alot of Lomac returns, ahhh no.

It's a music/movie/game store that overprices all their products. Luckily i have a Best Buy close buy that sells cd's and games about 8 bucks cheaper at the minimum. Thats too bad you didnt enjoy lomac though. I am having a blast with it. The only time i really curse it is when im being blown out of the sky online lol.

OK, move along now, nothing more to see here. The rest of us will enjoy LOMAC and the patch whenever it comes out.

Have a nice day.

> ....I was sad to see it go under the counter because it promised a lot. On the otherhand I was glad to see the back of it lol!
    -----

Lock-On works fine for me - superb in fact..and its the exact same CD that you took back for a refund. So maybe you should have bought yourself another PC.

Best wishes for 2004,

Enjoy the game of life

--

AthlonXP 1700
    Asus moboard
    Radeon 9600-Pro AGP vid card
    512mb DDR ram
    Winxp pro (and Tweak-XP Pro)
    Maxtor 80 gig hd, 7,200
    Hansol 15" tft screen
    ..and a wee moose!
    ---

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience".
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

----

Hehehehe

Yeah, now we know LOMAC = horrible and a Virgin = good! lol

My old ass PC is running LOMAC just fine. Can someone give me a standing ovation, please?

I"m so glad I took the time to read this post

One happy LOMAC pilot here... bugs? what bugs? You guys just aren't using the software the right way.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 1.06 (1004 Uber/SATA bios)|XP1700+ (2341mhz=11.5x203 @ 1.65v)
    SLK800U w/ Thermaltake Smartfan 3200rpm|512mb Corsair XMS3500CPT 7-2-2-2.5@2.6v
    ATI AIW 9700 pro 340/310 (Cat 3.10 drivers - Awesome card!)|120gig Western Digital Special Edition
    SoundStorm Onboard Sound|Nvidia Onboard NIC|Lite On 52x24x52 CDRW|Lite On 16x DVD Rom
    Antec 1000 AMG PlusView Limited Edition|Enermax FC 460 watt PSU|Windows 2000 SP4|Cougar Hotas

Now steel their are bugs. Hence why we are waiting for a patch.

System Specs

Why take it back to the stores, when you are going to pay for it again? Yeah, the patch will take awhile. I have purchased games and they were buggy. Then I would put it away, and continue onto a previous game. Then month(s) later a patch comes out. But I can see, everyone that returns a product will eventually go out and get again. And will feel dumb for the return in the first time. Do research first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast