Thread: Shanghai Ledge Problem | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Im running the PC version of SCDA and ive rappelled down the side of the building on shanghai, now when you slide out on the ledge and edge towards the obsticle in the corner where u have to drop down and hold the ledge and shimmy round, when i do so, on the ledge opposite the window cleaners platform (and the closest to the light pole) sam for no reason just lets go of the ledge and falls to his doom, however i avoided this part by launching myself at the pole from the platform, by remarkable spiderman powers he managed to grab the pole, however sadly now it does the same thing on the next ledge and theres no way my spiderman jumping skills can be used to get out of that one ive seen alot of bugs about him just falling while hes rappelling down the building but not this one, ive also made sure im not being shot at by restarting the level and knocking everyone out, so anyway to get round this part or any way to fix this problem would be greatly helpful as its doing my head in
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Im running the PC version of SCDA and ive rappelled down the side of the building on shanghai, now when you slide out on the ledge and edge towards the obsticle in the corner where u have to drop down and hold the ledge and shimmy round, when i do so, on the ledge opposite the window cleaners platform (and the closest to the light pole) sam for no reason just lets go of the ledge and falls to his doom, however i avoided this part by launching myself at the pole from the platform, by remarkable spiderman powers he managed to grab the pole, however sadly now it does the same thing on the next ledge and theres no way my spiderman jumping skills can be used to get out of that one ive seen alot of bugs about him just falling while hes rappelling down the building but not this one, ive also made sure im not being shot at by restarting the level and knocking everyone out, so anyway to get round this part or any way to fix this problem would be greatly helpful as its doing my head in

You're post is a little unclear, but, best as I can tell, you're just not...doing it right? I was stuck in that area for a little while, there's a very specific path you have to take, that's not entirely clear visually (I must have died trying to jump to various places 5 or 6 times). Couple that with some very touchy keyboard movement controls, and, as Lambert would say, you've got one hell of a mess.
    Give it a few more shots, that doesn't sound like a bug.
    If anyone thinks it is, feel free to correct me.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

There is no_emotion; ---------- There is Peace.
    There is no_ignorance; ---------- There is knowledge.
    There is no_passion; ----------- There is Serenity.
    There is no_death; ----------- There IS the FORCE

Check us out---tdmclan.com
    There is no_emotion; ---------- There is Peace.
    There is no_ignorance; ---------- There is knowledge.
    There is no_passion; ----------- There is Serenity.
    There is no_death; ----------- There IS the FORCE
    [IMG]http://www.tdmclan.com/discus/

ive highlighted the ledges he just lets go of, if this is the wrong route what is the right one

You might try just walking along the edge to the bottom right instead of hanging from it. You'll have to walk past the guy sitting at that table anyways, since a box is blocking the ledge if you hang from it.

As for the ledge underneath the antenna, the only way to get past that is to hang from it as you shimmy your way to the light pole.

UPDATE:
    The Camera Angle at which you try turning the corner may have some effect. I ran into a similar problem on the Cruise Ship just after the pool. Sam has four options to get to the next level with the sauna: take one of two different staircases on the port and starboard sides of the ship, or climb up one of two different poles to these metal frames, shimmy along the frames, and then up and over the railing. Depending on the camera angle as Sam is shimmying, he either does or DOES NOT successfully negotiate the corner of the metal frame to continue to the deck/railing. He just gets stuck. So, try playing with the camera angle, and maybe that will fix your problem.

ive tried that but sadly sam doesnt turn the corner he just wants to slide on into the glass all day, ive tried dropping down then grabbing that ledge but then he just lets go i swear its a bug everyone i know says its the right route but he just lets go of the ledges

the ledge you hang from below the pipe you are on now, how are you trying to pull yourself up?

I did not have any issues here (may have been lucky) I either used the W key or the jump (shift key) and that got me up where I needed to be.

normally id pull myself up with w, but on these ledges i dont get the chance to, i shimmy round the corner and he instantly lets go.

still stuck here if anyone wants to help

------------

NM i jumped about like a loon, and i managed to do it, not exactly the way it was intended and most probably sams leg is in 18 bits but im past the ledges would be useful to look into it incase others have the same problem in future