Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will BIA lag as bad as Gearbox's last game? | Forums

Hey everybody,

I was reading on the internet about Gearbox's last game (HaloPC) and saw a lot of complaints about lag. At first I thought it was just a bunch of whiney kids blowing things out of proportion. I mean, every game lags a little bit, right?

Then I saw this video. Holy cow! It's the newest version of Halo (HaloCE) and it's on a LAN game. It's unbelieveable!! The guy takes 2 rocket blasts to the face and takes zero damage, but then he suddenly falls over dead a little while later when a rocket misses him by 4 feet. Jeez.

You can tell it's the newest version of Halo because of the popup window that blocks your entire view of the action when you join a server. It's one of their new features that they waited 6 months for before a patch came out. But even though it took them 6 months to make, it's still inaccurate sometimes. But apparently they see no reason to fix it (or anything else, like the official CAL gametype that doesn't even work anymore).

Gearbox claims there are no problems with the game lagging this bad, but see the video for yourself and decide if they're blowing smoke. I did a little research on their forums, and when people complained about the horrendous lag and asked GB to please fix the game, the CEO responded by taunting the customers saying he's a better sniper than anyone, and that he can kick their asses with a shotgun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>9 - I am a better sniper than you (that's all of you). I can also kick your *** in a shotgun duel. Next time you're losing to a guy who's handle you don't recognize - it's probably me using an alias. Next time you're beating someone who claims to be me - it's not. They're lying imposters. When I'm incognito, I will never reveal my identity. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they said that they won't fix the game unless the customers got more people to play it. But nobody wants to play the game because it's Gearbox did such a crappy job. So Gearbox responded saying, "Either get more people to play, or stop bothering us."

Geez, if this is the kind of professionalism we can expect from this company, I don't think I want to give them any of my money.

Edit: uh oh, looks like Gearbox's CEO's language didn't make it past his publisher's language filter. For the record, he said the a-word.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey everybody,

I was reading on the internet about Gearbox's last game (HaloPC) and saw a lot of complaints about lag. At first I thought it was just a bunch of whiney kids blowing things out of proportion. I mean, every game lags a little bit, right?

Then I saw this video. Holy cow! It's the newest version of Halo (HaloCE) and it's on a LAN game. It's unbelieveable!! The guy takes 2 rocket blasts to the face and takes zero damage, but then he suddenly falls over dead a little while later when a rocket misses him by 4 feet. Jeez.

You can tell it's the newest version of Halo because of the popup window that blocks your entire view of the action when you join a server. It's one of their new features that they waited 6 months for before a patch came out. But even though it took them 6 months to make, it's still inaccurate sometimes. But apparently they see no reason to fix it (or anything else, like the official CAL gametype that doesn't even work anymore).

Gearbox claims there are no problems with the game lagging this bad, but see the video for yourself and decide if they're blowing smoke. I did a little research on their forums, and when people complained about the horrendous lag and asked GB to please fix the game, the CEO responded by taunting the customers saying he's a better sniper than anyone, and that he can kick their asses with a shotgun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>9 - I am a better sniper than you (that's all of you). I can also kick your *** in a shotgun duel. Next time you're losing to a guy who's handle you don't recognize - it's probably me using an alias. Next time you're beating someone who claims to be me - it's not. They're lying imposters. When I'm incognito, I will never reveal my identity. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they said that they won't fix the game unless the customers got more people to play it. But nobody wants to play the game because it's Gearbox did such a crappy job. So Gearbox responded saying, "Either get more people to play, or stop bothering us."

Geez, if this is the kind of professionalism we can expect from this company, I don't think I want to give them any of my money.

Edit: uh oh, looks like Gearbox's CEO's language didn't make it past his publisher's language filter. For the record, he said the a-word.

Halo is probably running on a much different game engine. So its not really fair comparing Gearbox's games just because they made them both.

What exactly is BIA running on? I heard it was some for of the UT Engine.

Apparently someone wants to play because you spend your time flaming Gearbox. Kind of hypocritical if you ask me -- nobody wants to play it, yet you insist on acting like an *** whenever given the opportunity. Gearbox didn't say stop bothering them, so keep putting those false statements in quotation marks.

Different engine, different game, different developer-publisher situation. Get lost.

Isn't twisting the truth fun?

Anyway Gearbox is very good in making games and they have a lot of experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tejo.hr:
    Anyway Gearbox is very good in making games and they have a lot of experience. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently you didn't watch the video.

Oh and Colin, speaking of twisting the truth, going back and reading a bunch of Randy's posts is pretty interesting. Tons of distortions and spin, blaming everything but themselves for Halo's failures.

"In the end, it's not any of those things. [why the game failed] It's just that Halo only was interesting to so many people."

Right. That's why a million people bought the game, and within a few months, most competitive teams quit, and right now less than 100 people play HaloCE during prime hours (and there were as few as 4 people--not a typo--online at 1am the other night).

And then they blame Bungie for everything (which the moderators then spew back on the forums because they are tools). But those that are close to the situtation know otherwise (but if you mention anything, it gets deleted and you get banned).

That's ok. I'm sure if/when they screw up BIA, we'll all get to hear about how "it's not our fault, we're the best. It's all Ubisoft's fault. Go complain to them." And Colin will argue with the customers telling them that they have no reason to complain, even though he never plays the game himself.

Gearbox rules!

Again, twisting the truth. I never said I didn't play the game, I said I couldn't play the game because of my wireless connection. Looks like some has the negativity blinders on again.

Thread #1 (Date: October 16) NOTE: BEFORE I GOT RID OF MY WIRELESS
    Thread #2 (Date: October 17)
    Thread #3 (Date: October 18)

But yeah, I never play the game. Noob? Maybe. Idiot? Indeed.

Find me the post where Randy Pitchford or any Gearbox employee for that matter pointed the finger at Bungie. I've been on their forums since Halo's release, I've seen every single Halo and Brothers in Arms dev post, not to mention the secret one's people like yourself will never see, and I've never seen them point the finger at Bungie. Link, and quote please.

Secondly, close to the situation? As in, competetive community? Rock out my friend, the competetive community is no where near "in the know". And you'll come back saying "I have 2 friends who work at Bungie and they say Gearbox suxorz." If I had a dollar for every time someone used that excuse/reason I'd be a rich man.

I appreciate you calling me a tool, but I'd argue otherwise. No matter how much evidence we provide for the other side of the so-called "sitaution" you do not even acknowledge its existence, and continue spewing the same old garbage.

I find it funny you accuse Gearbox of distorting the truth and spinning the truth, when infact you're doing the exact same. "Don't call someone a thief when you're a thief as well."

I bet you $20 CDN that Brothers in Arms doesn't lag as much as HaloPC or HaloCE.

Put your money where you mouth is, if you're such a bigshot, prove it.

Moderators, I apologize for the triple post, this thread has drifted too far down the forum to make it worth editing one of my above two posts.

Last night, Randy Pitchford, the CEO of Gearbox, spent time answering a plethora of questions from community members in a thread which was dedicated to the "*****ing out of HaloCE/PC". The reason Zaskoda, the community manager, wanted to let it stay open and not get locked was because he felt people wanted to let off steam and let it happen. Here is a post summarizing Randy's responses. It contains much information that clear the mist about the situation surrounding HaloPC. Gearbox cares about its fans.

HandyRandy, that $20 bet is still on the table, and will be until release, Brothers in Arms WILL NOT lag as much as HaloPC or HaloCE.

I love knowing things other people don't.

i think it your problem not, mine, u were talking about ppl wining about lag,thats you, go get a better internet connection and stop being a loser newb. everyone but U knowa of a little something called PING FILTER. if u just click on ping once and you will have all the servers with the lowest ping.
    "The world is sick and horrible, nasty and horrific, dominated by evil pwer that is slowly taking over the world as people fall into the orbit of EVIL. Might as well go with it..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast