Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get a Job at Ubisoft | Forums

Hi, any admins reading this have any tips for the people out there who would like to join a great company?

What kind of jobs are available in projects like Prince of Persia for example? Especially to people with little programming and art backgrounds.

Is it necessary to have programming background to become a level designer for example. Can we submit manuscripts for PoP 2 to Ubisoft and who do we look for? How about normal job openings like HR and PR etc?

Lastly, I have a BA in Engineering, what kind of jobs could I be suitable for?

Hi, any admins reading this have any tips for the people out there who would like to join a great company?

What kind of jobs are available in projects like Prince of Persia for example? Especially to people with little programming and art backgrounds.

Is it necessary to have programming background to become a level designer for example. Can we submit manuscripts for PoP 2 to Ubisoft and who do we look for? How about normal job openings like HR and PR etc?

Lastly, I have a BA in Engineering, what kind of jobs could I be suitable for?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heyheysg:

Is it necessary to have programming background to become a level designer for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i guess ubi has all the people they need for now, and if they need more people, they must have a name as big as the Eiffel-tower, so unless you're the Tom Cruise of programming, you don't stand a chance at getting in Ubi xD

Call me Matt

You don't need to a programmer to be in the video game industry, but you still need some knowledge about C++ to be level designer and the philosophy of a good level from my limited knowledge. Other aspects would be advertising, game testing, and as for engineering background that is definitely of value. I think you should private message UbiRazz, Raide and fellow Community Managers and they would better answer your questions.

For the mean while, you should check here: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/index.php?p=58&art_id=

Good luck man!

Thanks for the link and info Zap.

Heyheysg, welcome to the forums! If you look at the page Zapages linked, you'll find exact requirements for current, available jobs. If level design isn't there, you could always do a search on it's general job requirements. There is also a great book that outlines what each job requires in this industry. You can then apply whatever info you find to the job you are trying to go for. Hope that helps!

Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member kakalukiaJay's Avatar
    That horizontal split screen style reminds me of a short-lived 1960s game show called "Make a Face".

I could not get "other countries" to function. Only Canada appeared to work at the moment.

I wish Ubi's advertising jobs weren't so marketing centric.

I wonder what Ubi's agency-of-record is... *strokes her chin*

Advertising is marketing.

Not necessarily. They are very similar, but there are nuances.

Marketing tends to be more along the metrics of things, media-buying and whatnot. Also deals with clients and actually handling the advertising itself with management and budgeting.

Advertising (in my job's case) is the creation of the advertising itself. Marketing and Promotions Planners would employ advertising agency services to create what they think would work best.

Which Ubi may very well do in-house and not contract out for, I just didn't see any job-listings for it. I'm sure Marketers would be in higher demand in this economy; finding the best route to making advertising work before you spend the money creating it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast