Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game is that slice of pizza in the back of the fridge. | Forums

I have been very excited about this game but it seems like I may be taken for a ride here.

1. The comes out almost a week from now. YOU have no website to speak of, and there is basically only info in the forums about screenies etc. This tells me that UBI do not intend to fully support this game but releasing it for the sake of releasing it. The trailer has nice music and all but gives you the impression of an amateur presentation. Take a look at ACB or Ghost Recon and you will see what I mean.

2. With Olegs exit what kind of support can we expect here? The same support that "Wings" recieved? Then I am not holding my breath. Adding DLCs of campaigns that SHOULD have been in the game in the first place is beginning to make me really upset.

3. I have played IL2 to death, all of them. They are good games because they are made by gamers for gamers. You can clearly establish the simmer connection. What can we expect here? The dev dairy is not even close to how it was with IL2.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have been very excited about this game but it seems like I may be taken for a ride here.

1. The comes out almost a week from now. YOU have no website to speak of, and there is basically only info in the forums about screenies etc. This tells me that UBI do not intend to fully support this game but releasing it for the sake of releasing it. The trailer has nice music and all but gives you the impression of an amateur presentation. Take a look at ACB or Ghost Recon and you will see what I mean.

2. With Olegs exit what kind of support can we expect here? The same support that "Wings" recieved? Then I am not holding my breath. Adding DLCs of campaigns that SHOULD have been in the game in the first place is beginning to make me really upset.

3. I have played IL2 to death, all of them. They are good games because they are made by gamers for gamers. You can clearly establish the simmer connection. What can we expect here? The dev dairy is not even close to how it was with IL2.

Banned
    On the release if you bother to read the news, you are selling tickets to your own ride.

You're just another pushing sour grapes just before the wine is served.

Even with an absolutely minimal budget they could have had more publicity then they have now. Not that that's a suprise coming from Ubi, but it's absolutely puzzling that Oleg hasn't taken matters into his own hands more.

Why didn't anybody even bother to make an official Steam group? It's 5 seconds of work to create one, and by simply spamming the link all over to place you can gain thousands of members. Then keep all those instantly updated with screens and vids instantly.

Besides that, the price point for the game is extremely destructive for raising a larger community. Nobody is going to blow away 50 Euros/Dollars these days without having a clue about what they're getting. And it's pretty obvious nobody does, lack of advertisement has made damn sure of that.

A playable demo to let people find out for themselves exactly how great this thing is woud've compensated at least slightly for all these mistakes, but hey look at that no demo either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
    On the release if you bother to read the news, you are selling tickets to your own ride.

You're just another pushing sour grapes just before the wine is served. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the flowers are still not white.

The marketing and ubi's whole initiative concerning the game is an absolute fiasco, but that does not mean that the game itself won't probably be the best WW2 combat flight simulation for the next 10 years

next 10 years? seriously doubt it

with oobih as publisher and teh Oleg out of the picure, it's life thru DLC's is 3 or 4 years tops, the extra is what the community is willing to give

I wouldn't worry about the content and scope of the sim, with Ilya incharge we could see flyables such as: A-20, B-25, Mosquitos, Me-410, even a Do-335 and some Yaks, but the same as IL-2 not a chance

How many PC only games released in the last 4 years are still given support?

How many Multi-Platform games relased in the last 3 years are still given support?

examples:

Multi-Platform:

GTA4 [2008] - GTA EFLC [2010]
    TESIV Oblivion [2006] - Shivering Isles [2007]
    Fallout 3 [2008] - Fallout NV [2010]
    Lock On [2003] - LOMAC FC 2.0 [2010] mind you only 12 or so flyables and a single teather of ops

See, the market right now is to develop a game, give it 2 years, then move on to the next project

You need blokes like me to fly Blue side!, BE SURE!
    Flying Online as: Waffen-79

The videos don't look amateurish to me - this game looks like it will be groundbreaking. The only gripe I've got is the lack of dynamic campaigns (for me, that's a real biggie - that's been well documented) but outside of that, it looks very good.
    Mobo: GA-P35-S3
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD6850 1gb
    RAM: Corsair 4gb DDR2
    O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Ubisoft's marketing has been abysmal but then in my mind they aren't the real publisher. The real publisher is 1C and the appearance is that they are doing a better job of promoting the game. But it's all in Russian which is of little benefit to us non-Russian speaking buyers.

Ubisoft is, at least in my mind, more of a re distributor.

Oleg hasn't said he's leaving altogether but that he's looking at doing some other things with game simulation engines. I always suspected he'd be interested in maybe a high fidelity simulator for civil aviation or something along those lines. Seems possible with the new engine. But at the moment I don't believe he'll be out of the picture completely... and his team is still there.

Find my missions at Flying Legends and Mission4Today.com.

I cannot imagine the complications of having 2.5 publishers.

1C, UBI, and now, Steam.

What a mess this must be for Oleg to deal with.

I would not be a bit surprised that 1C's late in the development cycle decision to utilize Steam is the real reason for all the seeming mis-steps and delays. I'm willing to bet that this totally blind sided both Oleg and UBI.

There is a lot more to this than one side or the other simply being incompetent.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
    Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast