Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ots view vs. fpwv? | Forums

does anyone have an idea as to what views will be incorporated into the new gr3? i'm a huge fan of the gr2 because of how you can see the character. the video clips i've seen seem to show a different view of the famous ots but can't see any reticle like you can on the fpwv. anyways, looking forward to the new gr3 and gr2 expansion pack. this game rocks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

does anyone have an idea as to what views will be incorporated into the new gr3? i'm a huge fan of the gr2 because of how you can see the character. the video clips i've seen seem to show a different view of the famous ots but can't see any reticle like you can on the fpwv. anyways, looking forward to the new gr3 and gr2 expansion pack. this game rocks.

i prefer the OTS view because u have more environmental awareness and if ur in FP u r at a disadvantage

OTS and FPS, I'd say, considering IGN's clips.
    -------------------------------
    Sam: Give me some intelligence and I won't break your arms.
    Terrorist: I have no intelligence!
    Sam: Hehe...You just called yourself stupid.

XyZspineZyX
    Here again we will have the orginal GR fans coming out of the woodwork and expressing there opinion wholeheartedly on this one which is fine, but most cannot accept the fact that they can just play it in FP as well and not complain aboutthe default OTS view. I personaly like the OTS view .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here again we will have the orginal GR fans coming out of the woodwork and expressing there opinion wholeheartedly on this one which is fine, but most cannot accept the fact that they can just play it in FP as well and not complain aboutthe default OTS view. I personaly like the OTS view . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is, when you have the option, some will use OTS, which gives them the advantage over FP because they see more.

So in public servers or ladder matches, it's simply NOT FAIR

So if I prefer FP, I can't use it because I am at a disadvantage so I get killed more

I really don't see the problem of using the formula that made GR such a success.

The only thing I would add to the GR1 FP, is the weapon like we have seen in the trailers released up to now. Because in real life, it's in your field of view.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/9071094223

I like the OTS, but, I like the classic view, so as long as you can toggle the FPWV, that's fine. Weapon view is not a deal breaker.

For MP, you play the way the server is set up, that's their choice, or you host yourself.

Have you played GR2 Xbox????

What have you seen in 99% of the servers

OTS is the way to go.. i love that perspective.
    Socom 2 U.S Navy SEALs OWNS JOO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kurtz_:
    I like the OTS, but, I like the classic view, so as long as you can toggle the FPWV, that's fine. Weapon view is not a deal breaker.

For MP, you play the way the server is set up, that's their choice, or you host yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forcing someone to play the game the same way you do is uncool really. Forcing a view on you that you do not want is assinine. If a feature is an option, let the player make that choice himself.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast