Thread: Game is Not Synchronized Anymore. | Forums

I like the Game Settlers IV , but i wan't to play it online , On lan. But i've got a problem .. Every time if i'm playing with my brother settlers IV on LAN; The computer say's a few minutes / 1 hours later: Desync" The game is not Synchronized Anymore .. I see my soldiers then , and no soldiers by my friend .. he see's then his soldiers. .and not mine soldiers etc. What's the problem , I've got windows XP , SP 2 , Update 1516
    Thank you
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I like the Game Settlers IV , but i wan't to play it online , On lan. But i've got a problem .. Every time if i'm playing with my brother settlers IV on LAN; The computer say's a few minutes / 1 hours later: Desync" The game is not Synchronized Anymore .. I see my soldiers then , and no soldiers by my friend .. he see's then his soldiers. .and not mine soldiers etc. What's the problem , I've got windows XP , SP 2 , Update 1516
    Thank you

Settlers Moderator
    Desynch in games is caused in most cases by adding the AI (pc players),its best to keep saving,but dont save the game once you get the desynch messages as you will still have the problem.

maybe better not to use AI at all
    even like this isent garantie
    other factors will take its toll like shipping and transporting goos with markets and carts
    cooprative games aren a no no as well
    just keep truing and good look

I know this sounds like a daft question, but... are they going to do anything about this problem, or is it not the game but the LAN?

My partner and I tried to play a co-operation game this evening with 5 pc players (one of them being an ally), within a few minutes, the game "went out of sync"... we have successfully played a two player (against each other) game on the LAN and completed the WHOLE game without such a problem.

Will there be patches to fix this, or is it a case of "tough luck"?

Would be a shame, as we would really enjoy a game that would play S

Settlers Moderator
    The problem has been there for almost 4 years now.I cant see them doing anything about it now,all energies are been put into HOK.The secret is if you have to add the AI,add as few as possible and save often.