Thread: Expansion? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Any word on an expansion or even a Farcry 2? I loved this game, but haven't played it in a while because I'm too lazy to go download new maps (plus problems with my RAID drive, I'd have to reinstall them all the time). There are tons of them out there and a lot of them suck. I don't feel like having all the clutter. Hope they add an autodownload for maps in any new addition. They could review all map submisions for quality and then let the game update itself.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Any word on an expansion or even a Farcry 2? I loved this game, but haven't played it in a while because I'm too lazy to go download new maps (plus problems with my RAID drive, I'd have to reinstall them all the time). There are tons of them out there and a lot of them suck. I don't feel like having all the clutter. Hope they add an autodownload for maps in any new addition. They could review all map submisions for quality and then let the game update itself.

Something is in the works for custom maps, as the clans are forming a review board to test and rate maps. The best of which will be put into rotation on the servers. Stay tuned for more details when it all gets worked out between us all I'd say.

"If after 10 minutes of online gaming you can't tell who the whipping boy is, then its YOU! :mock:"
    XP3200+ Geforce 6800GT 256MB 1024 megs

Forget another game. 90% of the people that play don't install what's available now. I've been on full servers and boxcanyons comes up and I'm one of 2 remaining. People too lazy get the good maps available and install them.
    "Welcome to the Far Cry 2 Open Beta!*

*Purchase of game required to participate." Chris-187

www.cerebrusprotocol.com

My team is working on an expansion MOD based on the original Single player game. It will be set during the same time frame as the original but with new weapons/vehicles and a slightly different plot.

We are focusing on the SP missions at the moment, but hope to develop some kind of fun multiplayer game later on. If you have any cool ideas, please let us know on our forums - that would rock.

www.cerebrusprotocol.com/forums

There are tons of other good mods in development also..practically all the ones on the mod list sound incredible. I guess the FC modders are the only guys left keeping development things going. It's a shame really but fun to get involved with.

*wonders what crytek is up 2 these days

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DocSEAL:
    Forget another game. 90% of the people that play don't install what's available now. I've been on full servers and boxcanyons comes up and I'm one of 2 remaining. People too lazy get the good maps available and install them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I'm talking about though. I'm way to lazy to go download other maps. Sure, it's my fault I'm lazy, I understand that. Wish it would just update itself. I don't really even like the multiplayer Farcry that much. I was just wanting more single player stuff. And, yes I know there are maps out there, but that goes back to my lazyness. That's why I was wondering if anyone has heard if they are talking about an expansion.

I can tell u already no expansion from ubisoft/crytek patch 1.3 was last they were doing for farcry.
    They are on to other things.
    DocSeal want u to contact me about making a mod for auto downloads have 2 servers for use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slayersofadmin:
    I can tell u already no expansion from ubisoft/crytek patch 1.3 was last they were doing for farcry.
    They are on to other things.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's odd. It was such a popular and good selling game. Seems almost unwise not to try to capitalize on that. A friend of mine liked what he saw of it at my house he even ran out and got it. Then had to get a new video card and ram to play it. But, it was THAT good. It was worth it.

But, thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for.