Thread: February 1943 | Forums

Well its early 1943 for me and my type IVC and can I jsut say...

...looks like popeyes delivered his spinach to the Allies! They're a nightmare. Trying to approach a convoy now is nigh on impossible and god forbid they get a sonar ping on you as they prosecute the report like nobodys buisness.

The depth charges are so damn accurate now I had to reload twice last night and they also now call in friends to help. I had 3 of them on me last night 1 was listening while the other 2 dc'd me.

God forbid it when they get hedgehogs....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well its early 1943 for me and my type IVC and can I jsut say...

...looks like popeyes delivered his spinach to the Allies! They're a nightmare. Trying to approach a convoy now is nigh on impossible and god forbid they get a sonar ping on you as they prosecute the report like nobodys buisness.

The depth charges are so damn accurate now I had to reload twice last night and they also now call in friends to help. I had 3 of them on me last night 1 was listening while the other 2 dc'd me.

God forbid it when they get hedgehogs....

try getting into the middle of the convoy and follow untill they give up on you then just sneak out

'I am prepared to meet my maker; whether my maker is prepared to meet me is entirely another matter.' Winston Churchill

Hey thats not a problem. Try surfacing and recharging the batteries! Yep no snokle until summer 43 sometime. Love them planes.

Wish for horrible weather!

U-5

I have one career that is early 1942. Easy right?

DBU sent me on a drumbeat mission to just outside of Halifax where it is nice and shallow. The weather was 2.5 km's vis and the radar detector isn't out yet. The first radar detector might not be good for much but it does have a 4 KM range stock game and so it is made for just this situation.

I was just fine getting all the way into my patrol zone but comming back out...

Every time I dived I could detect warships. If I stayed on the surface a Fletcher class DD showed up in minutes. No RD, no warning.

I am so luckey that the crew of that DD was even a bit amaturish for that time of the war. That DD pinged me but good and from 90 degreesish to starboard several times but never got me. I could only go 100 meters deep and that is in a little canyon there. I had to go shallower to move too far.

At least in early 1944 (the latest I ever tried to enter a convoy, after that I just avoid them.) I could go down to 200+ meters.
    100K Club Member