Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Opponent | Forums

Was playing a 2v2 skirmish with friends last night, and I can hear them talking between themselves. Is this in every 2v2 battle? and if so is there any way to stop it. Kind of sux if the other team can hear me communicating with my partner.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Was playing a 2v2 skirmish with friends last night, and I can hear them talking between themselves. Is this in every 2v2 battle? and if so is there any way to stop it. Kind of sux if the other team can hear me communicating with my partner.

(cross posting from my reply to you at forums.xbox)

They must have been pressing RB for some reason ...

Actually in the beta you needed to press RB to talk to your teammate... They may have just made it so you can talk to your teammate anytime... and RB for opponent... So maybe they're just old school ?

Sorry I haven't got the game yet so I can't confirm. Check the manual.

EndWar Gameplay FAQ
    [URL=http://endwar.xenocidic.

( my reply to you over at xbox )

They are pressing RB to speak with each other. The problem is when they do it I can hear them as well. I played in BETA as well and I don't remember it being that way. At least if it was, our opponents never told us they could hear us.

I don't think that teammate would be able to talk to each other without pushing a button though. It would interfere with the voice commands for each person's particular army.

Well I wish someone could shed some light on this. The book says just press RB. It does say you can mute a player but says nothing about just communicating with just your teammate.

The only thing i can think of to try is both teammates muting both of your opponets and "maybe" by doing this it will remove them from your chat channel. Normally muting someone just means you can't hear them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't continue to hear you though.

If you was playing with 4 friends everybody could just us the honor system and have everyone mute the players that's not on your team.

Do you guys know if this is happening in theater of war also? We were playing a private match in skirmish, and although its very annoying we are all friends so it doesn't ruin the game for us. However if it happens in TOW then that's just plain silly and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AwYea:
    Normally muting someone just means you can't hear them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't continue to hear you though.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes it does, muting someone closes both lines of communication in and out. but it would be a damn annoying workaround

EndWar Gameplay FAQ
    [URL=http://endwar.xenocidic.

seems like something to be fixed.
    генерал-полковник NutiketGOTC
    13th Airborne Division
    Вы должны бежать теперь.

One workaround is to go into a private chat with your partner. Saves pressing the RB, but I haven't checked to see if it stops you from using voice commands.

But I haven't heard the other factions talking in TOW as far as I know. So I'm not sure what's up with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xenocidic:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AwYea:
    Normally muting someone just means you can't hear them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't continue to hear you though.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes it does, muting someone closes both lines of communication in and out. but it would be a damn annoying workaround </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if that's the case then all you need to do is both you and your teammate mute both opponents before the match starts. It says in the book you can do this by pressing RB.

I haven't played a 2 vs 2 but it seems like all you would have to do is before the match starts press RB and that should open up the player list and then from there I'm guessing you just scroll to each of your opponents and you should have an option to mute them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast