Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Ruse 2? | Forums

Made this topic as i couldnt find one for this subject. Anyone any ideas for ruse 2. the zoom eugene engine would work preety well with any type of rts. So i guess its down to individual choice.
    Another world war two story or a scfi rts using ruses engine and gameplay. or historical battles of different eras would be good.
    my choice would be samurai. as it would look great with the zoom feature and the unit types are plentiful.
    I know total war on pc covered this well. But nothing really available on consoles like this.
    Ruses could be assasin strikes / invisble advance under cover of late afternoon fog and so on.
    The possibilities are pretty much endless.

as zoom iris and ruse tactics could be put good use in any rpg.
    So more worldwar2 or historical battles? for ruse2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

PACIFIC COMBAT!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!

Imagine hordes with built in fanaticism rushing your puny defenses amid the hills and peaks of Iwo Jima or Guadalcanal!

Limited resources, constant attrition from the environment, serious recon issues, air support limitations. Think of the challenges! Then add some serious Naval assistance from Destroyers and Battleships.

Yeah, RUSE 2 is gonna be freakin sweet!
    Semper Pie

There is lots of scope for additional DLC operation scenarios in the original version - exploring the interesting what-if's but it will come down to whether sales are sufficient (on each platform) to make DLC viable.

An obvious follow up with RUSE2 would be the Pacific Theatre with Russia, China, Japan, UK/India/Nepal, Australia/New Zealand and the USMC.

The theatre would probably require a bit more variety in the infantry/marine units and some amphibious units but could get away with less armoured units.

Maps would include island hopping and "close in" jungle scenarios rather than the wide open expanses of Europe and few obvious new/additional ruses's such as "Fake Amphibious Assault".

Lets hope the original sells well enough to make them consider it.

The Russian Front goes alright as well, although the Pacific had the US in it, which means it'd probably sell better, so that's likely a better option for a sequel .

Get out of WWII? I mean whats the point of the globe during the loading screen if its just WWII in Europe?

Otherwise more races and less base building, as it stands the current system works good, but I'd prefer an option to play with a selected number of units that are selected before the actual mission and not giving me anymore besides aerial support like Ground Control.

More races like Brazil ( Like this ), maybe Thailand as well or Australia if we go into the Pacific. But personally I'd move from WWII and go into another war, maybe WWI or the Korean war, possibly a multiple set of wars like the Iran-Iraq war, or Russian Civil War, Six Day War (If of course Muslim Extremists don't get ****y, though I doubt they will since its a long time ago), as these are wars where there aren't as many guerilla aspects and more equal nation vs. equal nation. Or better yet, make up a new war.
    This is everyone in the PC forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

Originally posted by Warforger:
    Otherwise more races and less base building, as it stands the current system works good, but I'd prefer an option to play with a selected number of units that are selected before the actual mission and not giving me anymore besides aerial support like Ground Control.
    This is a great idea - a 'tactical mode', if you will, where you both started off with the same loadout and you had to capture a key point (hilltop or something, something that couldn't just be bombed or shelled out of existence) - there are plenty of examples of battles fought to take key pieces of geography, and it would give the game a very different dynamic.

All the assets for this are pretty much there, so hopefully it wouldn't take too much (although clearly a bit of) work to implement.

You could even have some attack/defend scenarios, although this would take a lot more work to balance and the like.

Top idea Warforger .

A feudal Japan or Crusades RUSE 2 would be sweet...

I understand why games keep coming back to WW2 in terms of it having the most appropriate technology to make for great gameplay. Much the same reason why George Lucas chose it as a reference point for Star Wars...

While partiot missiles and cruise missiles are cool in and of themselves, they make for boring games. But man am I tired of the same old settings in the same old territories...

Feudal Japan or the Middle East during the Crusades would be a refreshing change.

would be cool if they combine "risk type" or like endwar game were you have a map of the world where you deside where to attack then zoom into the battle field, this would prob work best for MP.

Murphy’s Law: If something can go wrong it will…
    Brian’s law: Murphy was an optimist…

An Napoleonic battlefield type setting for RUSE 2 would be interesting. Recon could work the same, calvary would be crucial, research advancements such as artillery and bored muskets could really tip the scales in combat.

Pretty interesting idea. I was thinking modern combat would be cool, but so would the Industrial Age...
    Semper Pie

vietnam or korea...

Murphy’s Law: If something can go wrong it will…
    Brian’s law: Murphy was an optimist…

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast