Thread: Please insert Dvd of "The Settlers: Rise of an empire" | Forums

Hello

Couldn't find any thread that had a simple and not drawn out answer to this issue. I have the gold edition of rise of an empire, and i have installed both CDs. When i want to play eastern realms a box pops up saying

" Please insert Dvd of "The Settlers: Rise of an empire" "

I then change the eastern realm cd with the rise of an empire cd but the same message appear.

What is happening and why can i not play eastern realm with the eastern realm CD ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello

Couldn't find any thread that had a simple and not drawn out answer to this issue. I have the gold edition of rise of an empire, and i have installed both CDs. When i want to play eastern realms a box pops up saying

" Please insert Dvd of "The Settlers: Rise of an empire" "

I then change the eastern realm cd with the rise of an empire cd but the same message appear.

What is happening and why can i not play eastern realm with the eastern realm CD ?

Just patch the game with the latest patch Patch 1,71

Now you should be able to play without needing any disc in the drive.

If you have trouble manually installing the patch, you may need to go into the folder the game is installed to, look in both Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/base/bin and Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/extra/bin and if you see a config file called "s6patch.ini" delete it.

Then try installing the patch again and it should be ok.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps