Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas for heroes 5 | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

well i have registered i two forums in the same day!!, with the same discussion

first, hello to all, this is my first topic and , well, my first anything in this very cool forum, so here i go....

h3 and h4 both have very interestings ideas that can be mixed together, sadly the lack of strategy orientation of the h4 just downded the game level, i think that the heroes in the battlefield is still a very cool idea, but with some modifications, like;

1-there must be two kinds of heroes "modes" in the battlefield, one in the combat grounds and other out of it, the one in the combat can attack and use magic, in the other mode only can influence with pasive skills -like tactics ,etc- and also with magic

2-the combat heroes must be directed against low level critters, it could have a supreme defence against high level monsters like dragons and other kicka** units, or these kind of crittes only can do minor damage against heroes also heroes cant inflict much damage against these creatures, but low level monsters have a bonus in the attack, but also are more vulnerable against heroes, with that you can solve the problem of the easy kill of the heroe in the game (h4), and the defence-attack combat skills rer linked with the old skills systems of H3, in this way, if a heroe have 5 defence, in pasive mode -out of the grond, it infuence on the monsters, but if the heroe get inside the combat ground it turns in something like gandmaster combat, but now your units dont have the defence bonus

other things could be that the units which can spell, can spell magic and move/attack in the same turn, but not if they do a offensive spell, like lighting or implosion , etc, or the heroe that get into combat can bring more luck or morale to the troops, or an luck-skill-luck aura for some hexas, the low level units could increase their attack and defence if are more in the stacks, but also could reduce their speed

more monsters and heroes stacks for more diferent units, a bigger combat field, but much bigger for a max of 3-5 complet rows of creatures -a nice feature of h4/1-3 rows ,2 complet rows/-, a magic-spells system like H3 than the h4 ones, a system in which you can select or to make a rush in the combat or to prepare your defences -like build towers and trenches in the battlefield- more and more heroes skills -and a tree of skills for each hero- and no one unit could reach the other side of the map in one turn!!!, perhaps with a special skill, but also reducing their attack or defence or speed

the creatures in the stacks in the combat could be divided in the combat ground, i mean a option like if i have 30 gorgons -yes my favorite unit hehe-, i could move 5 gorgons in a direction, 10 in other and 15 in defence mode, just a example

a somewhat harder way to reach max level creatures, like a lot of gold and resources and special buildings or a time to build -maybe 2 months-

is very interesting to dicuss about the creatues, but i think that is more important about the general gameplay

all the 7th level creatures can fly!!???, thats wrong, actually most 7 level monsters shouldnt be winged , but with extra heavy defence against ranged attacks, and the flyers should have less hitpoints, even less the ranged, thats other problem in heroes2-3-4 almost the 60-80% of the battle depends in the 7-level monster!!

this is my list of 7th level creatures, all with extra defences against ranged attack

*devil-very very fast, fast movement but not awesome, can fly, lower hitpoits summound pits, teleport -option-,BUT sacrificing a turn

*angel, lower attack rate and damage, can fly, lower hitpoints, but aura that increase defence/luck-attack, hitpoints of near creatures, and resurrection, and the aura power increase with the number of the angels

*bone/spectral dragon, cannot fly, better armoured against ranged attacks,aura that decrease enemy morale -1 to 3 points-, normal speed/movement

*titan, lower hitpoints, magic attack, but lower damage

*black dragon, can fly, but slower speed and movement

etc, etc,etc..., you can comment about the other creatures

i really preffer these ideas than a nice looking 3d game, but i think that now is tooooo late to change it

and please some of the humor in the H2 ,H3 and H4!!!, this H5 looks too serious and "cool", like a stupid lord of rings movie!!, but, well, the gremlins looks very funny.

more and more ideas comming soon, but i want to read your posts, regards.
    -----------------------------
    the pelengs are the most cool beings in the galaxy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

well i have registered i two forums in the same day!!, with the same discussion

first, hello to all, this is my first topic and , well, my first anything in this very cool forum, so here i go....

h3 and h4 both have very interestings ideas that can be mixed together, sadly the lack of strategy orientation of the h4 just downded the game level, i think that the heroes in the battlefield is still a very cool idea, but with some modifications, like;

1-there must be two kinds of heroes "modes" in the battlefield, one in the combat grounds and other out of it, the one in the combat can attack and use magic, in the other mode only can influence with pasive skills -like tactics ,etc- and also with magic

2-the combat heroes must be directed against low level critters, it could have a supreme defence against high level monsters like dragons and other kicka** units, or these kind of crittes only can do minor damage against heroes also heroes cant inflict much damage against these creatures, but low level monsters have a bonus in the attack, but also are more vulnerable against heroes, with that you can solve the problem of the easy kill of the heroe in the game (h4), and the defence-attack combat skills rer linked with the old skills systems of H3, in this way, if a heroe have 5 defence, in pasive mode -out of the grond, it infuence on the monsters, but if the heroe get inside the combat ground it turns in something like gandmaster combat, but now your units dont have the defence bonus

other things could be that the units which can spell, can spell magic and move/attack in the same turn, but not if they do a offensive spell, like lighting or implosion , etc, or the heroe that get into combat can bring more luck or morale to the troops, or an luck-skill-luck aura for some hexas, the low level units could increase their attack and defence if are more in the stacks, but also could reduce their speed

more monsters and heroes stacks for more diferent units, a bigger combat field, but much bigger for a max of 3-5 complet rows of creatures -a nice feature of h4/1-3 rows ,2 complet rows/-, a magic-spells system like H3 than the h4 ones, a system in which you can select or to make a rush in the combat or to prepare your defences -like build towers and trenches in the battlefield- more and more heroes skills -and a tree of skills for each hero- and no one unit could reach the other side of the map in one turn!!!, perhaps with a special skill, but also reducing their attack or defence or speed

the creatures in the stacks in the combat could be divided in the combat ground, i mean a option like if i have 30 gorgons -yes my favorite unit hehe-, i could move 5 gorgons in a direction, 10 in other and 15 in defence mode, just a example

a somewhat harder way to reach max level creatures, like a lot of gold and resources and special buildings or a time to build -maybe 2 months-

is very interesting to dicuss about the creatues, but i think that is more important about the general gameplay

all the 7th level creatures can fly!!???, thats wrong, actually most 7 level monsters shouldnt be winged , but with extra heavy defence against ranged attacks, and the flyers should have less hitpoints, even less the ranged, thats other problem in heroes2-3-4 almost the 60-80% of the battle depends in the 7-level monster!!

this is my list of 7th level creatures, all with extra defences against ranged attack

*devil-very very fast, fast movement but not awesome, can fly, lower hitpoits summound pits, teleport -option-,BUT sacrificing a turn

*angel, lower attack rate and damage, can fly, lower hitpoints, but aura that increase defence/luck-attack, hitpoints of near creatures, and resurrection, and the aura power increase with the number of the angels

*bone/spectral dragon, cannot fly, better armoured against ranged attacks,aura that decrease enemy morale -1 to 3 points-, normal speed/movement

*titan, lower hitpoints, magic attack, but lower damage

*black dragon, can fly, but slower speed and movement

etc, etc,etc..., you can comment about the other creatures

i really preffer these ideas than a nice looking 3d game, but i think that now is tooooo late to change it

and please some of the humor in the H2 ,H3 and H4!!!, this H5 looks too serious and "cool", like a stupid lord of rings movie!!, but, well, the gremlins looks very funny.

more and more ideas comming soon, but i want to read your posts, regards.

Welcome to this forum.
    You are a bit late with your ideas because Heroes V is pretty much a finished product in terms of general design. So a discussion of them would be purely on a "what if" basis here.

But they will probaly read youre ides and if they find them realy good you may cahnge some things. And wellcome.
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=258636&dateline=13265  35850

Why do developers get involved into mythology when compiling units in each faction? We can see that many of them are taken from different mythologies all over our world. If to mix fantasy realm with existing mythology, one should be very careful. Do you remember Frenzied Gnasher from Heroes IV ? I think it is 100 % fantasy creature! Evil sorceress is just the same. And they can fit into any fantasy realm and get any background they need to. But mythological creatures already have one. I wonder why are the Djinn (or Genie) and Rakshassa (Naga) mixed up together in one faction?. I wonder why there is a Titan (an immortal being from Greek mythology) in the game? Why isn't the Efreet (character from Arabian mythology) a spellcaster like Genie too? What about Phoenix (why does it have strong resemblance with its egyptian "colleague")? I think we should seriously put things right and make up our minds on whether mythological creatures in Heroes V are the same creatures from mythologies with same mythological backgrounds or they differ. It is not easy (and sometimes - even painfully) to watch old myths revived in twisted manner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olegionov1983:
    Why do developers get involved into mythology when compiling units in each faction? We can see that many of them are taken from different mythologies all over our world. If to mix fantasy realm with existing mythology, one should be very careful. Do you remember Frenzied Gnasher from Heroes IV ? I think it is 100 % fantasy creature! Evil sorceress is just the same. And they can fit into any fantasy realm and get any background they need to. But mythological creatures already have one. I wonder why are the Djinn (or Genie) and Rakshassa (Naga) mixed up together in one faction?. I wonder why there is a Titan (an immortal being from Greek mythology) in the game? Why isn't the Efreet (character from Arabian mythology) a spellcaster like Genie too? What about Phoenix (why does it have strong resemblance with its egyptian "colleague")? I think we should seriously put things right and make up our minds on whether mythological creatures in Heroes V are the same creatures from mythologies with same mythological backgrounds or they differ. It is not easy (and sometimes - even painfully) to watch old myths revived in twisted manner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I disagree here.
    The myths of the past are nothing but fantasy, as far as I'm concerned (in the sense that there is no reality behind it). Why should then all creatures of fantasy, once someone has introduced them, always be used in one and the same context? Take a Giant. Giants are used heavily in fairy tales, but there can be of course "different" Giants. Same with all creatures from mythology (or fantasy). An Elf CAN or MAY have pointed ears, but he can have donkey ears too - it's a different elf. A Hydra may have any number of heads with any number growing after you cut them off. And so on. It's not like you'd twist "the truth" or something.

I don't see heroes creatures in their 'native' mythological context. I see them as creatures in the 'might and magic' context. Because the M&M realm not connected to the 'real' world. (red or blue pill neo).

On the other hand, if i played for example Age of Mythology, and found minotaurs in the egyptian faction, it would be a different story.

Gremlins, Titans and nagas (or rashkaa whatever) in the same faction is fine in the world of Heroes of Might and Magic
    "There is too much butter, on_those_trays"

hi there. Sorry I didn't read all your writings there because basically you wrote about something that alredy decided in the game. About hero in combat. Honestly this kind of discussion always lead to a fight between H4 fans and non-H4 fans. So I would leave on the detail about the heroes in battle to ubi's decission to put them back to their horses (at least some that have rides).

Next, it is not true that I am one of the H4 hater, in fact I played many H4 games lately with my friends.

Last, related to the topic about H5 ideas, I have my own ideas which haven't been implemented to the real game or at least they haven't revealed. I think the ideas will be good if implemented on the game but they are really my personal opinion.

Spell system. this feature is one of the few system in H4 that I love and bind me with H4 even until now. The spell system on H4 is faction based, that allow some limited mixed other faction spell. These will show spell focus such as (if we reconsider all the factions in H5)
    - Nature (Sylvan): Summon
    - Dark (Dungeon): Curse and Poison
    - Life (Haven): Healing and Protection
    - Undead (Necropolis): Death manipulation
    - Order (Academy): Illusion and Arcane
    - Chaos (Inferno): Area damaging and(or) Direct damage spell

this spell system should be combined with Heroes specialities that will distinct the difference between one hero to another. Might hero may has something different than the magic hero in term of spell. E.g: limitation to school of magic as for Magic hero will receive 2 choice in school of magic or even 3 choice while the might hero only has 1 choice which is the default where she/he belongs to.

Anyway, all of this is only my suggestion and all of them is my personal feel that I think will works wonder on H5, you know, the combination of both priciple from H3 and H4. So please spare me if my idea looks stupid for you

Love your idea, Admira99. and yes, I also think that H4 spell system was by far the best.

yes the h4 spell system could be nice, but mixing with h3 concepts, i mean if you have a live spell like bless, with the "expert live magic" or its equivalent you should spell mass bless, without the need of the learning of the specific spell like in h4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast