Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious buzzing/feedback issue making game unplayable. | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Brand new to the world of music entirely, my friend gave me his old electric guitar last night and I immediately went to Gamestop and picked up Rocksmith. While he was hear last night everything worked fine and I got a 48% on my first go & 63 on my secound!

Anyways, this morning I try to play and I put on my headphones and all I hear is a buzzing as soon as I load up the song and go into the tuning mode. I strum the guitar and the buzzing is louder than the guitar itself and doesn't register. Noticed the 1/4" plug itself had a little white powdery residue on it when I pulled it out though.

Unplugged my headphones and used my speakers, unplugged my space-heater, and moved my cell phone to the other room and still have the buzzing so I'm assuming it's not interference?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Serious buzzing/feedback issue making game unplayable.

Brand new to the world of music entirely, my friend gave me his old electric guitar last night and I immediately went to Gamestop and picked up Rocksmith. While he was hear last night everything worked fine and I got a 48% on my first go & 63 on my secound!

Anyways, this morning I try to play and I put on my headphones and all I hear is a buzzing as soon as I load up the song and go into the tuning mode. I strum the guitar and the buzzing is louder than the guitar itself and doesn't register. Noticed the 1/4" plug itself had a little white powdery residue on it when I pulled it out though.

Unplugged my headphones and used my speakers, unplugged my space-heater, and moved my cell phone to the other room and still have the buzzing so I'm assuming it's not interference?

there's a joke in there somewhere about white powder and your guitar being buzzed lol

It could be the pickups on the guitar. I have a strat with the original single coil pickups and they just run "hot". Meaning, they buzz a lot even when the guitar isn't being played. Could be just the way the guitar is, or it could be that the pickups or electricals are bad. I'd check with your friend. Good luck!

People are getting buzzing from other crap plugged in to their Console Like XbOx Connect and any kind of camera un plug stuff like that just have the guitar plugin. I hope you not talking the natural buzz of a Distorted AMP.

Do you know if there's a 9V battery in your guitar? My bass has one and if I leave the 1/4" cable plugged in when not using it the battery still drains and you know when the batt's dead because everything sounds like garbage. (I do not own Rocksmith yet)

It could be a bad or dirty connection inside the guitar jack. try wigging the jack while it's doing it and see if there's any change.

well I dont have Rocksmith yet waiting for the PC version but let me see if I can help.

First thing I would try is maybe go over to your friend that gave ya the guitar and check it out on his amp (I'm asuming he only gave ya the guitar). If theres no buzzing when pluged into the amp then its probly something around or pluged into your system causing it.

1- check the cable, I have heard some of the cables go bad real fast, try another guitar. If your still getting the buzzing its the cable and you will have to take it back and exchange it.

If your still getting buzzing when pluged into a amp;

2- check the jack, sometimes if the jack gets lose it will cause a buzzing. Simple fix just tighten up the jack.

3- If that doesnt work then its most likely a pick up went bad. Try your selector switch and test each pick up to see wich one went bad. And then replace it. Most music stores can do this for you if you dont feel like you can do it yourself.

hope that helps

The "white residue" on it is theoretically from acid in battery and electrical components.

Here's a few steps you can try to make sure nothing is wrong:

1. Unplug all USB Peripherals from the console.

2. Try playing the Guitar not plugged into the X360, with the guitar plugged in and check the cable.
    - If the cable head is white, the guitar has an acid leak. It needs to be fixed internally. Take to a guitar store, and they can help you repair it.

3. If the cable is fine, with the console on, the cable in both the guitar and console but no game inserted, try to play the guitar. Check the cable.
    - If the cable is now white is due to feedback in the internal components mixing with the input voltage (the cord sends power back through the guitar so it can transmit the waves to the cable). Its possible that you might have a guitar which has an internal power source and it needs to be disabled. Try shutting off all "switches" on the guitar and try again. If you still have this issue, take to a guitar center to fix the guitar.

3. Start the game, and go to Amp. Play for about 5-10 minutes and check the cable.
    - If the cable head is white, it might be the cable. If you have another guitar available, use another guitar. If the second guitar still produces the white acidic residue, your cord is bad. If the second guitar does not, the cord is fine and the guitar needs to be repaired.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by DevDavidBranco View Post
    Noticed the 1/4" plug itself had a little white powdery residue on it when I pulled it out though.
    Maybe the WHITE STUFF has something to do with it??? :-)

Johnniez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast