Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: OT : Celebrity Deaths Thread | Forums

R.I.P.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Do you remember the MASH show Harry Morgan did where is was a General Inspector or something like that before he became the camp commander and he visited the camp. He was a little nuts in that episode.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

His obit in this morning's Washington Post quoted him as saying that role, as the crazy general, prompted the show's producers to ask him to play Col Potter when Mclean Stevenson left the show at the end of season three.

Originally posted by Yooperbacker:
    Do you remember the MASH show Harry Morgan did where is was a General Inspector or something like that before he became the camp commander and he visited the camp. He was a little nuts in that episode.
    Yes the episodes title was "The General Flipped at Dawn" Circa 1974.

That famous line, about when the sun goes down on the other side of town, the coloured folks all begin to dance around. Something like that. Yeah, MASH did have a practice of recycling actors, especially the Asian ones. Like they think we actually believe "they all look the same." Hogan's Heroes was another old show that used to do that. Then there was the old low budget tactic of using the wrong vehicles. In one episode of HH they showed an American 105mm self propelled artillery piece, I think it was known as a "Bishop" because of the pulpit style sponson for the gun, as a Tiger tank. In one episode of MASH, the episode where a tank is parked in the camp and they get shelled for several days, they show an M-48 or something similar drive into camp, then in the subsequent scenes it is a Sherman!

I hear that Kim Jong-il has died.
    I wonder if Celeon will be going to the funeral.

[URL][http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2011...tuary-111219/][URL]

Cheetah the chimp, from the 1930s Tarzan movie, has died from kidney failure. He was 80 years old.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

Whitney Houston

Last edited by WernherVonTrapp; 02-12-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Grief Stricken
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

that's the way it is .

we are on earth for a while, and then it's done .
    as long as I live I make beautiful missions for sh-3 :-)
    can you imagine ? Now we play video games and then it ended with our lives .
    In fact, our life is a video game as We have completed our mission . lol
    I try to enjoy my life, there is always something happening and then nothing.

greatings from deepsharks

battle in the mediterranean Silent Hunter III

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast