Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your fighting style? | Forums

I'm... well, pretty much all of those! First and foremost I'd say the Samurai is the most accurate for me, because I block a lot and wait for good opportunities to strike. Occasionally I find myself unable to help but pound those Jackals into the ground, so there's a touch of the Conan style... and I also have a habit of forgetting about the health bar. Then I notice it when I have the tiniest fraction of health left and have to finish the fight with absolute perfection to avoid death! Sometimes I get just a tad nostalgic for the more FPS-focused Red Steel 1, so I whip out the Sidewinder or the Johnnygun and relive the memories.

I also use every single special move as often as possible, but that's more for entertainment than for the cash--although that's certainly a welcome end result. I gotta say, you guys whipped up an awesome amount of moves to use, so I make sure to make the most of it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yeah - I think Samurai is pretty much what I do to, although once I got the Cobra, I started to rely on my gun quite a bit more... and that finishing move where you rush in and put a bullet right to the guy's neck/head... man, do I love that move! I especially love popping a cap into the skull of those chain-gun guys... god, I hate them. The satisfaction!!

i SOMETIMES do D'Artagnan (my favorite musketeer!) but thats only on athletic mode, when i have to reserve my energy for armored guys
    but id have to say im more of a mix of alot of things, lets call him "300 spartan...with guns"
    im all about split second blocking (instead of holding the block, which hinders my ability to look around) then a dodge, and counter attack,i also rarely focus on one enemy at a time, ill block one guy, stun him, and immediately go on to the next biggest threat, in an attempt to keep any of them from ganging up on me, id say its reminiscent of this scene from 300:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8bIEk58LzI

it should be no surprise that my favorite move is the matador, and i usually do it twice in a row (one matador, then a dodge, then a second matador in the opposite direction, if there is another enemy behind the one i matador'ed ill skip the second matador on the first enemy, to matador the second, making an "S" shaped movement, that makes me feel like a badass)

i pretty much nuked the final boss with that, he eventually became reluctant to attack me, so i had to go balls to the wall at the end there. i ended up sweating from that battle

Originally posted by WiiFolder:
    I also make it a point to break EVERY possible thing I can in the game for the cash... and pleasure.

Caldera is a really rich town... they have $500 in cash just sitting in garbage bags on the street.
    my face when i saw there was money in the booze..oh man, caldera is a looter's heaven

edited, because im sure the spartans didnt actually fight like that, just those depicted in 300

Dudes - this is all awesome data. Keep it coming - honestly, there isn't any information about *how* you are playing that isn't useful for me.

Thanks for the feedback! More, please!!

-Jason

I'm a wannabe Samurai, but I'm honestly not that good at the game yet...

I hadn't even realized there were methods of maximizing cash returns.

I've played a few hours so far and the game is so much fun!

Originally posted by Demotruk:
    I'm a wannabe Samurai, but I'm honestly not that good at the game yet...

I hadn't even realized there were methods of maximizing cash returns.

I've played a few hours so far and the game is so much fun!
    trust me, youll grow into it, once you start getting strikes and powers, the combat will become more varied, and versatile, then youll turn into a total badass

Ooooh yeah! Im a Samurai!
    EDIT: I use my guns a lot too...
    I love to combo both my guns and swords

EDIT EDIT!: Oh yeah, and I also break everything. Mostly destructible environments with cash returns are the greatest idea in video game history imo
    -------------------------------------------
    I'm gonna cut you.... WITH YOUR OWN KATANA!!!!

I am definatly a gamer! I always try to get as much money as I can and I try to only fight with special moves!

I am also so obsesed with the game that I beat it in 3 days, and I am now trying to get every upgrade for my guns and my pre-order black sword!

I might also have a little Samouri in me because as soon as a big enemy flinches I immediatly use The Tiger.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast