Thread: Serenia/Marbles | Forums

I've read as many posts as I could find about this topic and still having problems. I made it through dream world and understand the color combinations RGB/MYC and the vertices have to make up the color pattern on the medallion. I had found the medallion but left the world without knowing how to see the colors. Once I realized I needed the colors, I went back (clicked on a saved game) and was able to open the medallion and get the color sequence...... I have never started a new game but was wondering if going back to old saved games deletes or changes the game? Could this be why I can't get the marble code to open the door? Do I have to play all of Serenia over again??
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've read as many posts as I could find about this topic and still having problems. I made it through dream world and understand the color combinations RGB/MYC and the vertices have to make up the color pattern on the medallion. I had found the medallion but left the world without knowing how to see the colors. Once I realized I needed the colors, I went back (clicked on a saved game) and was able to open the medallion and get the color sequence...... I have never started a new game but was wondering if going back to old saved games deletes or changes the game? Could this be why I can't get the marble code to open the door? Do I have to play all of Serenia over again??

Ok. You're on the right track. No, you don't need to play over again, but you probably DO need to return to Spire from within the game you are playing and look at the medallion. You need to take a pic of it so it's in your journal so when you get back to Serenia you have the exact code given you for that particular save game.

Sort of same problem here. I never saw the medallion before and maybe didn't do all the Spire puzzles when I stopped half a year ago.

So I did load one of the Spire saves from THEN and pictured the medallion. When switching back to the circular door game the pictures (of course) are not in that journal and the colours I saw don't work then!?

So, is it either replaying Spire or Serenia? Or better is there a work around by proceding from the current circular door into the Spire age without having to do all puzzles again?

Helppppp!

Or?/And?..... is it important that all RGB and CMY colours are in that precise triangular order either clockwise or anticlockwise?
    -= A simle is a curve that can straighten out alot of things = "all it takes to fly is to hurl yourself to the ground and miss." [DNA] = if you don't stand for something you will fall for everything =- Krm:6538; Clmx:10210

I'm afraid you can't continue in a game without finishing Spire which will generate your personal color medallion. It is impossible to use a combination from one game in another save and try to complete Serenia, but I also don't know why you would need or want to do that.

As far as the CMY RGB thing goes, I personally didn't find that they had to be in a "correct" order, however many on this forum claim that they must be exactly as shown in the "memory" after the dream sequence. I really dont' think the devs would have been that anal or nasty so I say no, they don't have to be in a clock-wise or counter (anti) clockwise order.. just make sure you have the combos correct. If you have a Red, then put a blue and a green with it but don't worry whether they are on the right or left...

Good luck!

Thanks Bula. They were not from a 'new' game but both were from the same one and only procedings ... but forgetting to pay attention to the medallion and going back to a saved game won't give a result that can be used for the door lock you encounter much later.

I solved it by going back from my door lock puzzle all the way to Spire and luckely some of the puzzles there needn't be done again .... only the frequency part to get to the medallion. So Hurray, I entered. And yes, the RGB or CMY don't need to have a circular order!
    -= A simle is a curve that can straighten out alot of things = "all it takes to fly is to hurl yourself to the ground and miss." [DNA] = if you don't stand for something you will fall for everything =- Krm:6538; Clmx:10210

Hi,

You had to do the frequency part again? That's odd - when I tried going back to Spire, I didn't...

Are you sure that you completed that part in the same game "thread" you're currently playing?
    --
    Alastair M. Robinson

"Who let a STUDENT into my University?"
    -- Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Soul Music

Yeah, what Alastair said. If you completed it the first time the bomb would have been blown thus exposing the elevator with the medalion in it and you could go back to the age and the elevator would be at the top where you can just go in and look at the medallion again.