Thread: damp down a fire | Forums

Hello,

How can i damp down a fire with a waterbucket?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello,

How can i damp down a fire with a waterbucket?

Hi,

first put a bucket in the map then set his class as a

"weapon bucket",

now you can use it to throw water.

Now you need any combustible material so put an object in the map (a wood trunk for example) and set his class to

"lawman asp" ,

now check the attributes to see if he can burn with fire and his flammability value under fire settings.(flammability enabled by default)

Once you have the combustible and the water, you'll need to

"ignite"

the wood trunk.
    You can use a FireEmitter next to the wood and enable it to start the fire by using a sensor.

Or you can use the act_instantActions >instantIgnite on the wood trunk(lawman_asp)
    to start fire by using an action chain or sensor.

Now you'll see the wood trunk burning and you'll try to extinguish it with the water bucket.

Maybe there's other object class that can burn
    but i can't tell you all of them except for enemies (AI) for the rest, you'll need to search wich class have the fire settings in objects attributes.

The only matter is that you'll need to set all objects that you want to burn as lawman asp class or other burning classes.

Another way to ignite things is to use a throwing lamp (= lamp_b.msh).

You can make the illusion that things are burning by starting fx emitters next to single model objects but you won't be able to stop them with the bucket, only by using a stop action on fx emitters...

I use the act_instantActions >instantIgnite on hay cube to start fire when i entered in sensor.
    After some time the fire was extinguished itself but I want to burn as long as I do not damp down a fire with waterbucket.

There's settings inside the "lawman asp" fire field under fireFadeOutCoef to allow the fire to burn a long time or forever.

cr1m3 thx a lot