Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Developer Q&A #2 | Forums

Here's the second batch of answers from the dev team!

-QPK

1. What can we expect to hear for the background music/What will the game score be like?

A. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up features all new music composed by the developer, GameArts. Don’t worry, just because it’s all-new doesn’t mean it won’t have that TMNT vibe we all know and love.

2. Will there be USB Keyboard/Wii Speak support for chatting between matches with friends?

A. There are currently no plans to support either of these.

3. Will there be a possibility to switch off the glowing that surrounds the characters?

A. Yes, there is an option to switch off the glow around the characters if you want.

4. How many characters do you start off with and how many do you have to unlock?

A. You’ll start off the game with seven characters available. As for how many are available to unlock, you don’t really want us to ruin the surprise do you?

5. What are you planning to do about online playing?

A. There are two main modes that feature different sub-modes. The first is a Friends Mode where you’ll be brawling with your buddies and the second is the Matching Mode where you’ll be able to play with anyone. Expect to see more details on these modes in the near future.

6. How do you unlock characters?

A. There are multiple ways to unlock hidden characters. The first and most obvious one is to play through the Arcade Mode; you can also unlock certain characters by playing the mini-games. We’ll let you discover the other methods yourself.

7. Will there be something similar to the "My Music" feature that was in Smash Bros Brawl?

A. TMNT: Smash-Up will not have any features like the “My Music” feature in SSBB.

8. Is it possible to switch off the in-stage hazards (like alligators)?

A. No, but there are stages which do not have hazards which you can use for straight-up fights.

9. Why was the game cover design changed from the one with Leo and Raph to the current one?

A. The cover you’re referring to with Leonardo and Raphael facing each other was just a concept cover. It was never meant to be the final cover.

10. Is there a possibility that we Turtles fans can get some exclusive TMNT swag for pre-ordering the game from a store like Gamestop?

A. Yes! There is a pre-order plan in place, check with your local game retailer for more details.
    facebook.com/Splintercell
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Here's the second batch of answers from the dev team!

-QPK

1. What can we expect to hear for the background music/What will the game score be like?

A. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up features all new music composed by the developer, GameArts. Don’t worry, just because it’s all-new doesn’t mean it won’t have that TMNT vibe we all know and love.

2. Will there be USB Keyboard/Wii Speak support for chatting between matches with friends?

A. There are currently no plans to support either of these.

3. Will there be a possibility to switch off the glowing that surrounds the characters?

A. Yes, there is an option to switch off the glow around the characters if you want.

4. How many characters do you start off with and how many do you have to unlock?

A. You’ll start off the game with seven characters available. As for how many are available to unlock, you don’t really want us to ruin the surprise do you?

5. What are you planning to do about online playing?

A. There are two main modes that feature different sub-modes. The first is a Friends Mode where you’ll be brawling with your buddies and the second is the Matching Mode where you’ll be able to play with anyone. Expect to see more details on these modes in the near future.

6. How do you unlock characters?

A. There are multiple ways to unlock hidden characters. The first and most obvious one is to play through the Arcade Mode; you can also unlock certain characters by playing the mini-games. We’ll let you discover the other methods yourself.

7. Will there be something similar to the "My Music" feature that was in Smash Bros Brawl?

A. TMNT: Smash-Up will not have any features like the “My Music” feature in SSBB.

8. Is it possible to switch off the in-stage hazards (like alligators)?

A. No, but there are stages which do not have hazards which you can use for straight-up fights.

9. Why was the game cover design changed from the one with Leo and Raph to the current one?

A. The cover you’re referring to with Leonardo and Raphael facing each other was just a concept cover. It was never meant to be the final cover.

10. Is there a possibility that we Turtles fans can get some exclusive TMNT swag for pre-ordering the game from a store like Gamestop?

A. Yes! There is a pre-order plan in place, check with your local game retailer for more details.
    facebook.com/Splintercell

A. You’ll start off the game with seven characters available. As for how many are available to unlock, you don’t really want us to ruin the surprise do you?????????

Is there more than 20 charecters?????

Thanks QuidProKuo! I've been waiting for these answers!

Alright, let's see... My reactions were:

1.- Music:
    Bummer... means no classic videogame tunes nor Ninja Rap.
    Oh well, but if by "TMNT vibe" they mean the one from the 80's toon, then alright!

2.- Keyboard, Wiispeak:
    I just don't see the charm of having them in the first place... So I'm ok with that.

3.- Glowing aura
    Old news. It's great that you can turn it on and off, I can see myself using the aura sometimes, to make the characters looked a little bit more badass.

4.- Characters
    Nope we don't want spoilers, but at least one new character confirmation would be awesome. Especially anything that involves another mutated animal.

5.- Online
    As long as the "With Anyone" mode actually stays working, then this is great news! Can't wait for the details.

6.- Unlocking
    Hmm... I don't know.. should I unlock characters in story mode yet spoil it early on? Or should I unlock them the hard way, and spoil the story...? Decisions...

7.- My Music
    Saw this coming if they weren't going to use music from the past...

8.- Stage Hazards
    Exactly what I thought. Why would we want to do this? Just pick a neutral stage.

9.- Cover
    Honestly, the cover is one of my LEAST concerns.
    If I'm buying this game, it will not have anything to do with the boxart.

10.- Pre-ordering
    I'm still deciding on wether buying it on day one, or waiting a bit (depends on overall content of the game), so it's way too soon for me to look at Preordering bonuses.

Overall.. Not much new, but at least a part of me can shut up (about wanting songs from past games).

Am I right in having a feeling that there will be more than the 7 hidden characters coming?

typo included, but it's all part of the rage.

Thanks, Quid!

We shouldn't get our hopes up for more than 20 characters lest we set ourselves up for disappointment. We know there are at least 20 characters. Let that be enough.

I'm going to copy shinigamihedge and list my reactions as well :3

1. Music:
    Awesome, new soundtrack to get addicted to as I play the game more and more ^ ^

2. Wii speak/Keyboard.
    Meh, I don't even have Wii speak xD;

3. No glow
    We know, we know x3

4. Characters
    Oh snap, I think this does mean that there will be more then 7 secret characters! =D

5. Online
    Sounds a lot like Brawl's, which isn't a problem. I hope it has more to offer though :3

6. Unlocking characters.
    No surprise here~ xD

7. My Music
    What an odd question. Brawl had a My Music feature because of all the classic Nintendo music. TMNT does not have that much memorable music xD;

8. Hazards
    Exactly how I answered this same question. Why turn off hazards when you could just go to one without it? =P

9. Game Cover
    Obviously xD;

10. Pre-order stuff
    Yay! <3 I still haven't pre-ordered the game but I should and ask Gamestop for the details! xD

i'm getting that bad feeling that over here (in germany) i won't get a tiny thing for preordering the game ^^ and i preordered it.

am i right about that, ubisoft? will only americans get something for preordering?

i preordered it at amazon. of course the german version.

thnks for the answers Quid
    i cant wait anymore for smash-up to come out!!

Here's a question. According to Amazon.com, said pre-order bonus seems to involve the Technodrome level. Mind telling me if we'll still be able to play on that level if we don't preorder it? Because that's the stage I'm looking forward to the most.

I don't usually pre-order games much because I risk potentially pre-ordering a game that reviewers claim is awful and end up wasting money in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I love how this game is turning out regardless of who's playable or not but I don't want to make any harsh purchases just yet.

That and I don't really like Amazon.com for game purchases.

I hope the pre order is a secret character!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast