Thread: FC3 Map Editor Improvement | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

First I Want To Say What I didnt like in FC2 map editor:

1. No toggle on/off for physic objects (like some wood planks could fly but a barrel couldnt wich both should have either a toggle be affected both by gravity

2.DLC content no in map editor ( well people hacked it after but still )

3. Water couldnt be placed, so no water on a mountain for example and no waterfall

4.Vehicle limit and explosives limit was too small

What I liked:

1. We could play directly in the map editor

2. Easy to use

3. Can set time of the day

Improvements needed:

1. Maybe day to night while playing in maps

2. Toggle on/off for physic objects 9we can decide if we want them to be affected by gravity)

3. Placable water

4. Bigger vehicles/objective/explosives , etc limit

5. Maybe more destructible objects

6. Be able to change the name of the creator after saving (until sent the the map data base)

7.As I read on some other thread events, more activable objects

8.More wheater effects, snow, sandstorms, tornado...

9.When there is wind and sand, the sand moves, same for water and snow(if there is snow of course)

10. Singleplayer vehicle in map editor

11. Bots (if possible in mp too, could trigger some events, etc)

Hope this help improve the map editor, really liked FC2 one but needed improvement and SDK please
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

First I Want To Say What I didnt like in FC2 map editor:

1. No toggle on/off for physic objects (like some wood planks could fly but a barrel couldnt wich both should have either a toggle be affected both by gravity

2.DLC content no in map editor ( well people hacked it after but still )

3. Water couldnt be placed, so no water on a mountain for example and no waterfall

4.Vehicle limit and explosives limit was too small

What I liked:

1. We could play directly in the map editor

2. Easy to use

3. Can set time of the day

Improvements needed:

1. Maybe day to night while playing in maps

2. Toggle on/off for physic objects 9we can decide if we want them to be affected by gravity)

3. Placable water

4. Bigger vehicles/objective/explosives , etc limit

5. Maybe more destructible objects

6. Be able to change the name of the creator after saving (until sent the the map data base)

7.As I read on some other thread events, more activable objects

8.More wheater effects, snow, sandstorms, tornado...

9.When there is wind and sand, the sand moves, same for water and snow(if there is snow of course)

10. Singleplayer vehicle in map editor

11. Bots (if possible in mp too, could trigger some events, etc)

Hope this help improve the map editor, really liked FC2 one but needed improvement and SDK please

i love all the idias you have but a tornado would be hard to put in beings asthough it would throw trees and sutch aournd and i think wild animals in map editor would be nice.

I agree

Thank you all for your so positive replies

Some more ideas:

1. If there is no SDK, make us be able to make our own models (examples: stunts, obstacle) and import it into the map (Even if SDK would be pretty cool, since it enables possibilities to custom weapons, animations, some people buy games because they include it, like Battlefield 3, when they said no mod tools, pc went aaaaahh! but then they said maybe and every one started to think there will be )

2. Be able to set an object to move ( like select the object, trace what way it needs to go, rotation and all and then it does it, in sequences, useful for events, objectives , for example an airplane that would go around the map )

3. Traps (for example : a hole in the floor covered with leaves, of a different color, so we can still spot it)

4. The way we were doing the routes in FC2 map editor, sometimes if you put 2 really close, they would bug, so be sure it doesnt if there is a FC3 map editor

5.Placable fire events, like for example somebody takes the diamonds (if it is still like that) fire blocks 1 route, so he needs to take the other way)

6. Collisions fit with the model (the bridge in FC2, when you were near the end of it, there was something invisible and solid)