Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers]Can't get past The Warrior at the City Gate (City of Lights) | Forums

Title says it all - I am at the City Gate at the City of lights (first location to the right on the map) and I cannot get past The Warrior. I know that he can't be harmed with the sword or magic attack, but nothing else I have done seems to work.

I know it says to "use the environnment to destroy him" and I have tried knocking him off the edge a bunch of times, but he never goes over. Can anyone help me here? What do I need to do? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Title says it all - I am at the City Gate at the City of lights (first location to the right on the map) and I cannot get past The Warrior. I know that he can't be harmed with the sword or magic attack, but nothing else I have done seems to work.

I know it says to "use the environnment to destroy him" and I have tried knocking him off the edge a bunch of times, but he never goes over. Can anyone help me here? What do I need to do? Thanks!

In theory, you need to lure it to the edge, get behind him so you get in the lock minigame, where you have to press X (or square on PS if I'm correct) like a madman on crack and he'll fall off.

But that's pretty much impossible unless you possess divine speed, or you're on crack.

I been trying to pull it off for an hour now and I'm completely fed up. Worst idea to defeat an enemy. If I want to bash buttons like an idiot I'll play Dynasty Warriors or something.

I apologize, I don't recall exactly which area that is.

Is there corruption goop around the arena you're fighting the warrior in? If so, you need to maneuver him into the open spot (a very small gap) where there's no black goop. Otherwise he just gets back up again.

Well, somehow I got by the first section by bashing buttons like crazy - I'm not even too sure what I did exactly.

Now I am fighting him again, in an enclosed room with one open door. I keep getting the Warrior over there, but I can't seem to get him to fall out, no matter how many buttons I mash.

I keep getting the part where he is trying to crush me underfoot, then I hit the square button (PS3) but he never goes out.

This is not the part with the corruption/black goop is around. I was hoping someone had a magic button combo LOL

Unfortunately, no. The square button panic mash when you're under his foot is the only way to push him off the cliff or into the cage. It's all about slamming him back, which I found was easiest when he did the form change where Elika could beat on him.

i am facing the same ****ing problem.. what the hell is wrong with this .... why do they find idiotic menas to defeat a boss.. keep pressing button.. how lame.. i guess i should bring some pshyco or mad man to pres the button mashing... idiots are boasting that combat is not a button masher... MY ***.. what do you call pressing x button like hell broke loose still you cant get it.. amn i am regretting like hell to be playing this game... i need an alternative or atleast patch this idiocy.. i tried and tried and tried .. now have switched to some other game.. i have all my roommates to pres that crap.. no one can succeed....

Yeah, that's a bit hard. I have a lot of trouble with the Warrior. I have some advice. Lure him to the ledge by backing up to it. When he follows you, try to use Acrobatics on him - the Prince will dive between his legs and hamstring him, setting you up for an easy kill.

If that is impossible, just roll around him until you are behind him. Then, spam Elika's attacks. Of course, her attacks don't damage him. However, her magic possesses powerful knockback, so make use of it. I find that in the 'mash square' section, it helps to use your index or middle finger. Those fingers tap a lot faster than your thumb.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite thing evar on the Citadel.
    ------------------------------
    Paragon - Bringing Light Beyond the Lightb

OK, I think I have this figured out now. Back up until tour back is towards the ledge or open door. When the Warrior gets close, hit the X button (PS3), roll under the Warrior, and do a couple of quick sword attacks to initiate the scene of the Warrior trying to crush you underfoot.

Then, as RuYi89, fahRENheit2006 and Zerban_da_Great said above, push the hell outta of that button and he will go over the edge. I set the controller on my leg so I can get some really good quick button mashing going...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it helps to use your index or middle finger. Those fingers tap a lot faster than your thumb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After 2 hrs of breaking one controller and almost destroying another - thanks to your suggestion, managed to get through... Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast