Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What MODE? | Forums

i have seen the collectors edition on shopto.net for POP: TFS.
    What i want to know is that is the survival mode unlockable in the game as it says
    Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Collector Edition

Collectors Edition Contains:

Standard game

2 unlockable skins (Malik Skin + Sandwraith Skin)

1 unlockable stage (The Arena)

3 x Lithographic images

Token to download Prince of Persia Classic from XBLA & PSN for free

DVD Bonus disc with includes:

game soundtrack

a unique image gallery

game trailers

and exclusive wallpapers and screensaver

it states it is an unlockable mode?
    is this the case or just a typo?
    also is pop: tfs worth buying.
    i like the pop series but people say it is not good so.....

edit: does this game have (don't know if this is the correct term) speed kills like in pop the two thrones where the screen would flash and you would have to press a button.
    i really enjoyed doind this especially whilst hanging or creeping up form behind someone or even in the boss battles
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i have seen the collectors edition on shopto.net for POP: TFS.
    What i want to know is that is the survival mode unlockable in the game as it says
    Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Collector Edition

Collectors Edition Contains:

Standard game

2 unlockable skins (Malik Skin + Sandwraith Skin)

1 unlockable stage (The Arena)

3 x Lithographic images

Token to download Prince of Persia Classic from XBLA & PSN for free

DVD Bonus disc with includes:

game soundtrack

a unique image gallery

game trailers

and exclusive wallpapers and screensaver

it states it is an unlockable mode?
    is this the case or just a typo?
    i like the pop series but people say it is not good so.....

edit: does this game have (don't know if this is the correct term) speed kills like in pop the two thrones where the screen would flash and you would have to press a button.
    i really enjoyed doind this especially whilst hanging or creeping up form behind someone or even in the boss battles

Survival mode is probably just a challenge mode where you are supposed to fight off waves of enemies with one lifebar and the game keeps your score. Or at least that's what it is in other videogames. Since it's a CE exclusive, I think you'll need to enter a code that unlocks it. Or makes it possible to unlock it via different means (like gameplay achievements).

The game will not feature speed kill system. The PoP team has returned to the roots, bringing a whole new combat system (which doesn't seem very good at this point but let's just see the final product before we start to judge). That means no speedkills (and since speedkills were necessary for the story of T2T, as the prince was nearly weaponless for the most of the game- he's got quite a huge sword this time around).

I can't say whether the game is worth buying at this point. It's not out yet, there has been no feedback on its quality so far. It's seen by many as a huge disappointment, mainly due to stiff animations, lackluster graphics, weird character models and incomprehensible combat system. But as I already said- let's not judge the game until it's out.
    My DeviantArt
    PSN ID: Johny_X2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkprince07:
    i like the pop series but people say it is not good so..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No one knows if it's worth buying: No one has played it yet. Everyone saying it's not so good are basing that on videos and screenshots, not from actually playing it. Take from that what you will.

I have not heard any developer discussion on what this Arena is supposed to be, though it sounds strange it would a collector edition-only feature.

The Survival mode comes available if you get the Collector Edition. For the US you need to pre-order to get it. It's probably just a room with alot of enemies coming up and you need to kill them until you die.

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

i thought the arena was the survival mode.
    is the survival mode unlockable?

Arena IS the survival mode. it's essentially two different names for one gameplay mode.
    My DeviantArt

Yeah Arena and Survival Mode is the same thing. For the US it's Arena, because it's a room you can only get by pre-ordering. While in Europe you can get it by buying the collector edition, they gave it Survival Mode.

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

o.k now that i understand i have another question
    can you unlock survival mode in the game without pre ordering as it states it is unlockable

it seems to be the CE/ pre-order exclusive... that means you need to, depending on your country, either buy a collector's edition (it's usually about 20 bucks more expensive but contains all the bonus content you listed) or pre-order (you get the collectors edition then by default)
    My DeviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast