Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft's answer to the End Portal bug. | Forums

hi all,
    ok I just got a response from Ubisoft's tech department and here's what they said.
    btw it's really prolly best to restart your game and closely following these guidelines and hopefully the end portal will work, if not well just report that the guidelines don't work.
    hopefully they will have a patch for PC Users soon.
    here's what I recived-
    --------------------------------
    Response (Uk technical support) - 12/15/2004 12:15 PM
    Hi Grass,
    we are aware of this problem and as far as we are aware the situation can be avoided by the following
    1- Only ever save the game AFTER going through a time portal and not before
    2- Make double sure all the buttons are depressed next to the time portals even if the portal is active.
    3- Never save the game while there is dialogue being recieved.
    If you are stuck at the end portal, you should reload your most recent save in the past, and play through following these guidlines. I hope this works for you. let us know if it does not. Merry Christmas.
    ---------------------------------

And here's what I orginally sent to ubisoft-
    Customer (Grass Rushman) - 12/13/2004 01:13 AM
    I'm reporting a Major bug in this game,
    at the end just before you enter the portal, the one you push kaileena through, well after you pussh her in, you cannot enter the portal yaself.
    it's actually unknow whats causing the bug, some think it might the skill levels others think it's the savepoints near the portal, so far only ppl playing on hard can see the second ending, I'm not sure if this bug occurs when you have the Scorpian sword. Most seem to say it happens when they have the water sword,
    many cannot see the 2nd ending and fight the Dahaka.
    is tech support aware of this bug?
    thanks for ya time.

So hopefully that will help ppl get past that last portal.

GRASS!
    "time is like a Predator, it stalks you..."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hi all,
    ok I just got a response from Ubisoft's tech department and here's what they said.
    btw it's really prolly best to restart your game and closely following these guidelines and hopefully the end portal will work, if not well just report that the guidelines don't work.
    hopefully they will have a patch for PC Users soon.
    here's what I recived-
    Response (Uk technical support) - 12/15/2004 12:15 PM
    Hi Grass,
    we are aware of this problem and as far as we are aware the situation can be avoided by the following
    1- Only ever save the game AFTER going through a time portal and not before
    2- Make double sure all the buttons are depressed next to the time portals even if the portal is active.
    3- Never save the game while there is dialogue being recieved.
    If you are stuck at the end portal, you should reload your most recent save in the past, and play through following these guidlines. I hope this works for you. let us know if it does not. Merry Christmas.

And here's what I orginally sent to ubisoft-
    Customer (Grass Rushman) - 12/13/2004 01:13 AM
    I'm reporting a Major bug in this game,
    at the end just before you enter the portal, the one you push kaileena through, well after you pussh her in, you cannot enter the portal yaself.
    it's actually unknow whats causing the bug, some think it might the skill levels others think it's the savepoints near the portal, so far only ppl playing on hard can see the second ending, I'm not sure if this bug occurs when you have the Scorpian sword. Most seem to say it happens when they have the water sword,
    many cannot see the 2nd ending and fight the Dahaka.
    is tech support aware of this bug?
    thanks for ya time.

So hopefully that will help ppl get past that last portal.

GRASS!
    "time is like a Predator, it stalks you..."

wow, those are some amazing guidelines, and they work so well. oh wait no they don't. I hadn't saved in a while when i got to that point so it can't have been 1 or 3, and well the buttons were depressed so not #2.

Although it is interesting to hear people might only get this with the water sword, I haven't finished the game using the normal ending yet so had no idea.

Even though I was fortunate enough not to experience any of these bugs, I think that's ome pretty shoddy advice coming from Ubi. If they're aware of these problems, they should make it a little more public. Maybe put up a patch to fix the spoilers and a big apology to the people who purchased console versions, along with the advice listed above.

I'm pretty sure such major glitches would likely have been found in beta testing, if it was even done.

maybe they're trying to find the exact reason it happens so they can help prevent it on the console releases. Surely this kind of thing happened to another company too at one stage.. anyone remember a game it happened to and the outcome?, a patch would be great for us PC users but the consolers are likely to be right out of luck.

yeah i got the xbox version and im gettin bugs allover the friggin place.. i love the one where you jump for/ run for something.. get on it.. and the game things that your not on it.. and u then turn superman for a second like floating in the beam/bar/platform (happened to me on all 3) and then you fall to your death.. i found a simple reverse time fixes this.. but for the love of god.. fix the bugs before you send out a game.. i mean.. this is angerin the hell outta me and a couple of my friends.. im not even gonna buy anymore ubi games till i hear if they are buggy or not.. then again .. this may be caused by the canadian branch that developed the game.. hehe stupid canadians..

I tried following the hint that Ubisoft tech support posted about the final time portal. (Note: this is for the PS2 version.)It does not work. Even started the game over and when I got to the same exact point.......fustration. Still stuck. Ubisoft has got to have answers or refund us. Anyone that has this game for the consoles are screwed!

I am soooooo frusterated, why would they release the game with this glitch. I'm on the xbox version and i have the portal bug and can't complete the game after I got all the life upgrades and everything

So is this a console bug only or PC also?

Good that you mention the format you're playing on, so people can take note and compare.

I'm playing the GCN version and admittedly I have never come across this bug - I do save before I go into the Portal, and I save when I come out of the Portal.

I have experienced other bugs, but seeing as a GCN disc can't be patched I hafta live with it

I have this portal bug on the gamecube at the end of the game. Come to think of it, the whole game is buggy on that thing with music and dialogue dropping all over the place. I have done what they said and cannot finish the game. If anyone finds a real answer can you email me at danwhitehill@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast