Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft's answer to the End Portal bug. | Forums

jellyhead: i'm on the pc version, and reloading the save before i picked up the water sword/meet kaileena for the second time worked to avoid the glitch.

perhaps try the save before you activated kaileena's throne room portal for the first time (after her first death)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i have portal bug when i throw empress into portal to present.the portal is activated,but when i come to the center it nothing happens.and the buttons are not activated and when i jump on them i hear only sound nothing else.

i didnt succesed but i am going again where i am at fight with big bird

Well after much frustration myself with the end portal glitch. I tried one of my many save games and found that the closest one I had was the Griffin one that I could play through without saving in order to get to the end, I don't know if this helps anyone else but it saved me having to restart the whole damn thing. So the glitch happens between those two points I just didn't save until i passed the game and that way I could get my two endings...

Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member kakalukiaJay's Avatar
    I ran into a bug at the End Portal.
    After pushing Kaileena into the portal in the past, when the Prince entered the active portal, the game did not properly create the portal in the present. The Prince simply fell into a pit and died.
    When I retried and entered the portal, same result.

When I retried again, this time I drank from the water fountain in the past before entering the portal.
    The Prince successfully landed onto firm ground in the present.
    I moved the Prince to the water fountain and thereafter completed the game.

Note: I had been deleting and copying saved games from one profile to another, changing profiles, etc.
    I was attempting to see what could and would happen.
    So I was able to confuse the game enough to generate what appears to be a bug.

i have already posted my problem. i wanna to tell that game works normal but problem is that , the music which comes whenever we fight, is not come, this is my another problem, the another one is vedio is not playing supp. starting vedio, in which prince in ship & shadee com is not playing , my starting is directly from fight' with deamons. The another is whenever we talk supp. shadee & prince ,we can't hear , beca. sound is not coming only we there conversation. so this is my whole problem. & i think this is due to missing of bik files from my vedio folder, so pleaseeeeee help give me vedio files & help me out.

In continuation of the post I made yesterday ("Game-stopping Glitch in Warrior Within"), kakalukiaJay directed me here for a discussion of similar portal problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kakalukiaJay:
    I ran into a bug at the End Portal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My problem is not at the End Portal, but at the portal where you acquire the sixth sand tank.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    After pushing Kaileena into the portal in the past, when the Prince entered the active portal, the game did not properly create the portal in the present. The Prince simply fell into a pit and died.
    When I retried and entered the portal, same result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While not at the same portal, this is exactly the behaviour I am experiencing. The Prince seems to appear *below* the portal platform and fall to his death.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    When I retried again, this time I drank from the water fountain in the past before entering the portal.
    The Prince successfully landed onto firm ground in the present.
    I moved the Prince to the water fountain and thereafter completed the game.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two fountains in the past just before the portal I am having problems with, one of which I'm saved at (yes, I've now seen the advice about not saving right before a portal ), but drinking from either (without saving) doesn't change the glitch.

Note: I had been deleting and copying saved games from one profile to another, changing profiles, etc.
    I was attempting to see what could and would happen.
    So I was able to confuse the game enough to generate what appears to be a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been juggling save games at all. Unfortunately, I have been using just the one slot throughout the game, so I don't have an earlier save point to fall back to.

Any help greatly appreciated, although I fear I may have to have a "lost weekend" to replay the game to this point, in the hope that something sorts itself out...

Only Broderbund's Prince of Persia "The Shadow and the Flame" restricted the number of games I could save.
    In most of the other Prince of Persia games I have saved probably 80 game positions ... not that I actually used them, but I could at any time retreat and try something different.

Because of the kinds of questions asked in this forum, I sometimes load one of those 80 saved games to make a screen capture to to try to determine what is causing a problem for a particular game player.

Warrior Within has several "catastrophic" bugs where the strategy of only using two saved games can lead to disappointment.

I mainly only play on the PC with a keyboard and mouse and a 200 Gb disk drive.
    I do not know what sort of disk or "memory stick" restrictions exist on other gaming systems.
    I also have no idea how to load a saved game onto a PS2 or Xbox or other non-PC system.

I have played Warrior Within about nine times. The first time was without any bugs, but I only defeated the Empress not knowing there was an alternate ending nor about all the Life Upgrades, artwork chests, and secondary weapons.
    I played Warrior Within a second time looking for all of the Life Upgrades, finding all of the artwork chests, and then defeating the Dahaka.
    Then I learned about the "bonus weapons." So I played a new game looking for all of the bonus weapons.
    Another time I played the game though on a higher difficulty level.
    When people were looking for particular secondary weapons, I played the game another time documenting the location(s) of the secondary weapons. etc.

My point here is that you might choose to start over because it is an interesting game in more than just one way.
    Adopt a new "saving your game" strategy.
    Look for quests that you did not perform before.
    etc.

Good luck.

I found it, I'm not happy about it. What I am basically reading here is what I've heard elsewhere, that even though I have 40'ish saved games, I pretty much have to start over from scratch.

I got the water sword early on in the game (when I had to go thru the secret passage in the throne room).

I am not going all the way back to the water sword to replay. I have tried going back about 30 minutes before I pushed Kaileena thru the portal and then not saving at all after that, but it was still glitched.

As I said before, it's one thing to release a game with bugs - I get that because of publisher time constraints, etc - it happens... But then to release patches to the game, or worse yet - re-release the game several years later and still not fix the bugs, that's just criminal...

I will definitely think twice about purchasing another Ubisoft game if this is how they support their customers.

I did not read anything that would require you to load a game back when you first got the WaterSword.
    I suggested that "it would be fun" if you had not been collecting all of the secondary swords and artwork chests to do so; but that is not required to get past the "glitch."

Most of the game players who had previously been stuck seemed to succeed when they stopped and drank water from the drinking fountain on both sides of the time warp portal room.
    Have you tried loading such a saved game and drinking a lot?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast