Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard shortcuts | Forums

Is it possible to create new keyboard shortcuts? If so - how?

I am starting to set up voice activated commands for SH4 and there are some buttons that dont have keyboard shortcuts (example - Emergency surface, max range at current speed, distance to end of plotted course, ect...).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Is it possible to create new keyboard shortcuts? If so - how?

I am starting to set up voice activated commands for SH4 and there are some buttons that dont have keyboard shortcuts (example - Emergency surface, max range at current speed, distance to end of plotted course, ect...).

Banned
    You can try Setkeys, which I have at FileFront.

You will need to rename the Commands cfg to Commands_en because Setkeys was created for SH3. I works fine. Make sure when you are done, rename it back to Commands.

Also what I do, is just copy and paste the original, then when I am done making my own hotkeys, I make it JSGME ready(Hotkeys/Data/Cfg).

If you want to do this manually, I also have SH3KeyChecker.

Thanks I will give it a try. After I wrote this I found the Command.cfg file and started to figure it out but your tools will come in very handy.

You have so many hand made programming tools I sometimes wonder if you ever sleep.

BTW - off topic - is there a SHZoneEditor? I see it mentioned in a Zone cfg file and there is a SHZoneEditor.act file.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tuddley3:
    You can try Setkeys, which I have at FileFront.

You will need to rename the Commands cfg to Commands_en because Setkeys was created for SH3. I works fine. Make sure when you are done, rename it back to Commands.

Also what I do, is just copy and paste the original, then when I am done making my own hotkeys, I make it JSGME ready(Hotkeys/Data/Cfg).

If you want to do this manually, I also have SH3KeyChecker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am running a laptop and the only key I would like to change is the "Del on the number pad" for clearing the screen for a decent snapshot because I don't have a number pad. How would I go about doing that. I have no clue on how to "Make it JSGME ready", etc... I know I am dumb but can you help?
    Thank you
    Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    and a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night!"

I'm interested in being able to use voice commands for SH4. I can't seem to find anything like it online so if anyone knows where I can find something like it I would greatly appreciate it.

try here i have been using it for a few weeks
    now and it is quite good

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119430

Jellyfish here...does SH4 have quick keyboard commands? Is there a screen for the key commands? Also, I keep seeing "patches" and "downloads" mentioned. What does this do to basic game? Any help greatly appreciated! I'd like to move up to Flounder status. lol

Hello fright52,

Welcome

The first thing we would like to know is which of Silent Hunter 4 are you playing. There is Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific or Silent Hunter 4 with U-boat missions.
    To see what version of the game you have, after you start the game and you are at the Main menu look down to the bottom right of the screen and a version number will be there.
    So let us know what version you are playing. Once we know the version we can tell you if you need to add a patch or not.

I do have a keyboard layout for SH4. It is two pdf pictures. Keyboard one, Keyboard two.

I do believe there is a manual in the main folder of Silent Hunter and the keyboard layout above maybe in there. If you want to download it, just look below my signature (picture) and click on SH4 manual.

You may want to check out the SHIV Guide that is also below my signature.It is a guide put together by people that use this forum.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Yooperbacker View Post
    Hello fright52,

Welcome

The first thing we would like to know is which of Silent Hunter 4 are you playing. There is Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific or Silent Hunter 4 with U-boat missions.
    To see what version of the game you have, after you start the game and you are at the Main menu look down to the bottom right of the screen and a version number will be there.
    So let us know what version you are playing. Once we know the version we can tell you if you need to add a patch or not.

I do have a keyboard layout for SH4. It is two pdf pictures. Keyboard one, Keyboard two.

I do believe there is a manual in the main folder of Silent Hunter and the keyboard layout above maybe in there. If you want to download it, just look below my signature (picture) and click on SH4 manual.

You may want to check out the SHIV Guide that is also below my signature.It is a guide put together by people that use this forum.

Is this keyboard layout image for a "PC" type keyboard? Because many of the actual key positions do not match up to a "PC" type keyboard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast