Thread: What happened? | Forums

All the topics between september 06 to january 07 have disappeared. I came back to read a recent topic and I find that it has disappeared. Sucks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

All the topics between september 06 to january 07 have disappeared. I came back to read a recent topic and I find that it has disappeared. Sucks.

Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member kakalukiaJay's Avatar
    There was mention that the server would be down for some maintenance. It was down for about a day or longer.

<STRIKE>Ubisoft technicians must have restored the forum from some earlier backup in order to get the forum "up and running".
    If they have "incremental backups" to restore thereafter, they have not yet applied those incremental backups.
    If the October backup is the only reliable backup that Ubisoft had, then Ubisoft may have needed to fire someone for not properly backing up their server(s).
    I am only a 30+ year I.T. professional guessing at what happened.</STRIKE>

See the Featured Topic "Major Forum Crash" at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/3661068625

There are theories in the Rayman Zone forums it is a consequence of the big hack we had by a RZ hating group of hackers that have being attacking us since 2003.

Nyeh nyeh, our forum is more interesting than yours.