Thread: PoP WW: iPad | Forums

I am having lots of trouble with the water tower section (?) because of the unresponsiveness of the right set of controls. I'm extremely frustrated that there is no water basin in the tower room so that I could at least save each section as I try to get past the Dahaka. It means that I either try 1000 times to pass the whole thing or start all over again if I want to put it down for a while. Lame!
    I find the biggest problem is when running on walls with a rope or swinging on bars, half the time as I slide from the 'running' icon to the 'jump' icon it won't release. So I get caught all the time. Does anyone else have these problems with the iPad version? It's especially bad if you play for a while and your hands get sweaty.
    The insane changes of perspective don't help either, especially in the chase scenes, as you may be using the left control to move forward and suddenly you have to reverse your direction or the Prince turns around. I like a game to be challenging but only really difficult on harder settings. Seriously, this is the first PoP game I've played and I'm playing it on easy for a reason. I'm sure that makes me a bit of a wuss but, frankly, I don't feel that the difficulty in many of these stages is appropriate to an 'easy' setting. I'm most annoyed that it seems almost impossible to pass this level and I'll be out $10 for a game I can only get half way through.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am having lots of trouble with the water tower section (?) because of the unresponsiveness of the right set of controls. I'm extremely frustrated that there is no water basin in the tower room so that I could at least save each section as I try to get past the Dahaka. It means that I either try 1000 times to pass the whole thing or start all over again if I want to put it down for a while. Lame!
    I find the biggest problem is when running on walls with a rope or swinging on bars, half the time as I slide from the 'running' icon to the 'jump' icon it won't release. So I get caught all the time. Does anyone else have these problems with the iPad version? It's especially bad if you play for a while and your hands get sweaty.
    The insane changes of perspective don't help either, especially in the chase scenes, as you may be using the left control to move forward and suddenly you have to reverse your direction or the Prince turns around. I like a game to be challenging but only really difficult on harder settings. Seriously, this is the first PoP game I've played and I'm playing it on easy for a reason. I'm sure that makes me a bit of a wuss but, frankly, I don't feel that the difficulty in many of these stages is appropriate to an 'easy' setting. I'm most annoyed that it seems almost impossible to pass this level and I'll be out $10 for a game I can only get half way through.

Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member kakalukiaJay's Avatar
    Someone, please chime in with "How did WW get to the iPad? Was it a "directly compatible install?" From what gaming system? i.e. Playstation, Xbox, PC ... ?

I doubt some Ubisoft programming staff took the time to compile a new version just for the iPad.

The reason that I ask the above first is that Warrior Within has some intricate maneuvers involving multiple input devices.
    I have only played the game (so far) with a keyboard and mouse. It took me about one month before I "mastered" my best techniques; but I could play the game after about six hours.
    On a keyboard, there are multiple combinations of keys from which to choose IN CONJUNCTION WITH left mouse button or right mouse button.

I have no clue at all how an iPad interface can allow you the flexibility to replace such input combinations.

As a game player, it sounds as if I would not recommend the iPad as a desired gaming platform for Warrior Within.