Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixes Crashes/Stuttering on ATI Users New Catalyst 10-4 Works! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

So anyways i found out how to stop the crashes on me and my brothers comps today. We both have 4770s and it would crash every 10 min play time, we uninstalled catalyst/display etc and downloaded the new 10-4 catalyst drivers from amd that came out on April 28th. Must say its flawless now havent had a crash on either for the last 13 hours straight playtime.

Although cant find any multiplayer matches since not enough of u pc players buy games or the online doesnt work.

EDIT: also runs smoother with less slowdown/ to null
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So anyways i found out how to stop the crashes on me and my brothers comps today. We both have 4770s and it would crash every 10 min play time, we uninstalled catalyst/display etc and downloaded the new 10-4 catalyst drivers from amd that came out on April 28th. Must say its flawless now havent had a crash on either for the last 13 hours straight playtime.

Although cant find any multiplayer matches since not enough of u pc players buy games or the online doesnt work.

EDIT: also runs smoother with less slowdown/ to null

I got the 5850 and the 10.4 update and still cant load the game. Running 7 32bit on asus blitz motherboard. Any tips?

I know it fixes the the in game stuttering and the crashing to desktop, but u seem to maybe have a different problem, ur saying u cant load the game, like you cant load a mission? you cant load to the game menu?

That may be some other problem relating to windows 7 32 bit maybe all versions of windows 7. Sounds like thats probly going to be a fix needed for the game more than something you can do. I guess look around for ppl who describe the same thing and if they have that problem on 7 only and have different video cards/brands like nvid then u can probly say its the operating system.

Hopefully they patch it up soon, they will patch it but soon hopefully.

But ya 10-4 works for ppl who are getting game crashing during gameplay and ppl with stuttering ingame who have ati cards. I would also get comp retarting sometimes too, but this fixed it.
    Im running vista 64

I mean i can launch the game, I click the game launcher, it counts down and the screen goes black like its going to start the game and bam, back to the desktop. I got another thread going on the forum but everyone is still having the same problem. Thanks for the reply.

If you have a firewall, set it to allow game.exe to access the servers.
    I had the same problem that it always hang before the menu. When I set to allow, the game worked. Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Multimaster88:
    I know it fixes the the in game stuttering and the crashing to desktop, but u seem to maybe have a different problem, ur saying u cant load the game, like you cant load a mission? you cant load to the game menu?

That may be some other problem relating to windows 7 32 bit maybe all versions of windows 7. Sounds like thats probly going to be a fix needed for the game more than something you can do. I guess look around for ppl who describe the same thing and if they have that problem on 7 only and have different video cards/brands like nvid then u can probly say its the operating system.

Hopefully they patch it up soon, they will patch it but soon hopefully.

But ya 10-4 works for ppl who are getting game crashing during gameplay and ppl with stuttering ingame who have ati cards. I would also get comp retarting sometimes too, but this fixed it.
    Im running vista 64 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10.4 didnt fix any stuttering for me and I still have same loading time in Bad company 2 o.O

did you unintall the old drivers first? (not that you'd should need too)

there is also stuttering because the is something wrong and there is stuttering because you set the settings to high...

the driver are only doing to fix the wrong is wrong problem

Dont worry im experienced PC gamer so dont tell me BS like this. Its stuttering because its games fault , and its unreal engine 3 so i expected it to run with 100 fps LOL. They modded it in a wrong way...

Hey Simplesim my fire wall is allowing the game through the firewall. Tried that, thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast