Thread: DEVS! WHAT TIME ZONE IS SH4 USING??? | Forums

please, we need that piece of info.
    Is there a time zone? how is implemented?
    For those trying to play this game with no "gps" map info at all, it is obligatory to know that. thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

please, we need that piece of info.
    Is there a time zone? how is implemented?
    For those trying to play this game with no "gps" map info at all, it is obligatory to know that. thanks

Dang, that IS a good question. But, without the option to take sun sights and shoot stars with a sextant, I'm not certain exactly how knowing the time zone would HELP, but it is a valid question.

There is a game called Virtual Skipper that lets you try celestial navigation, among many other things, but that is not implemented here. I do think that should be an option, however. I believe that would be harder to learn how to do than manual torpedo aiming.

At any rate, I do wish there was a graphics option for more stars and the Milky Way, but I am getting off topic...

DEMAND PATCH 1.9!

I agree with you catlegwest, would be good, time zone should be given, i know this has been asked before but sun rise and sun set just cant be correct, very strange.

It is based on your home port time. Whatever your home port is that is what the clock is set to. I know, it scrambles my sensibilities too but that is how they designed it. The map is FLAT not spherical so distance north or south of the equator will not change the sunrise/set times.

We need a sun/moon table.

Dance of the Dragon
    [URL=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=6421019045&m=5111

Well as long as we know the timezone we can figure the longitude pos from sunrise or sunset. The Latitude we can get from sighting/fixing polaris with a custum made Sextant. (mine is a printed scale on a transparent paper)

OR we can use "Big Circles" with three star fix's to make an astronomical position from witch we can make an estimated position that would be ok.

BUT in order for both to work we NEED the devs to explain what they did with the time. What zone is "Base Time" does it change with dateline or travel or with summer time??

Hope the new patch corrects the sunrise and sunset times, its abit annoying, i think they must be working on it, well i hope so, thanks for the info lane2512.