Thread: you crazies..gotta question fer ya!..multiple display?? | Forums

alright guys, i know some of you are crazy upgrader technical loonies...so i gots one for ya. I just bought the Radeon 9600XT and i've got it hooked up to my monitor and my TV through the s-video..ya followin? ok, well i've also got another monitor, but it says that i can't hook up a third display to the card because the card won't be able to handle it. Ok, so here's my question, ready? can i buy a really cheap PCI video card and use it for the sole purpose of extending my desktop to it, while using my TV only as a clone of the desktop so i can play games on its bigger screen. So, if you can picture it,i want to have my monitors next to each other on my computer desk, and my tv off to the side only for use when gaming. i know you guys know your stuff, so that's why i came here. the only reason i wanna do this, is school's starting and if i extend my desktop to my tv, it's NOT hi-def, so it's really hard to read text, obviously if i had dual monitors, i could extend the desktop AND read text, and when it comes time to play games, i can use the 32" TV.

You guys rock, thanks for just reading this.

-Greg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

alright guys, i know some of you are crazy upgrader technical loonies...so i gots one for ya. I just bought the Radeon 9600XT and i've got it hooked up to my monitor and my TV through the s-video..ya followin? ok, well i've also got another monitor, but it says that i can't hook up a third display to the card because the card won't be able to handle it. Ok, so here's my question, ready? can i buy a really cheap PCI video card and use it for the sole purpose of extending my desktop to it, while using my TV only as a clone of the desktop so i can play games on its bigger screen. So, if you can picture it,i want to have my monitors next to each other on my computer desk, and my tv off to the side only for use when gaming. i know you guys know your stuff, so that's why i came here. the only reason i wanna do this, is school's starting and if i extend my desktop to my tv, it's NOT hi-def, so it's really hard to read text, obviously if i had dual monitors, i could extend the desktop AND read text, and when it comes time to play games, i can use the 32" TV.

You guys rock, thanks for just reading this.

-Greg

no one knows or can help me??

Banned
    as you can tell by looking at the posts not to many people come here to help so try the general sec.
    My guess is no you cant but what do I know do a search for multple monitors or try the ati website. Might need a faster proc and more ram gl

oh good idea, thanks man, i'll try the general forum!