Thread: *Possible* General Protection Fault Error Fix | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    This is only a possible solution, but it comes after many hours of trying different things. I've tried re-installing different version of both my sound card, and video card drivers, defragging, re-installing RS defragging etc. Tonight I posted on the futuremark forums that I've been having trouble with system stability in games (crashing to desktop with errors). Someone suggested to just re-install DirectX. I tried re-installing my current version over itself, and it may have done the trick. I was able to play 4 maps online ( I think they were 5 rounds per map) without a crash. I would've tested more, but I had to go. Again this is only a possible fix, I will test it more thouroghly tomarrow by playing for about 2 hours or so. Hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    This is only a possible solution, but it comes after many hours of trying different things. I've tried re-installing different version of both my sound card, and video card drivers, defragging, re-installing RS defragging etc. Tonight I posted on the futuremark forums that I've been having trouble with system stability in games (crashing to desktop with errors). Someone suggested to just re-install DirectX. I tried re-installing my current version over itself, and it may have done the trick. I was able to play 4 maps online ( I think they were 5 rounds per map) without a crash. I would've tested more, but I had to go. Again this is only a possible fix, I will test it more thouroghly tomarrow by playing for about 2 hours or so. Hope this helps.

XyZspineZyX
    Resistance156 wrote:
    - This is only a possible solution, but it comes after
    - many hours of trying different things. I've tried
    - re-installing different version of both my sound
    - card, and video card drivers, defragging,
    - re-installing RS defragging etc. Tonight I posted on
    - the futuremark forums that I've been having trouble
    - with system stability in games (crashing to desktop
    - with errors). Someone suggested to just re-install
    - DirectX. I tried re-installing my current version
    - over itself, and it may have done the trick. I was
    - able to play 4 maps online ( I think they were 5
    - rounds per map) without a crash. I would've tested
    - more, but I had to go. Again this is only a possible
    - fix, I will test it more thouroghly tomarrow by
    - playing for about 2 hours or so. Hope this helps.
    -
    -
    I will try that too tonight... In an earlier post someone said the Nvidia 40.72 drivers worked good as well...