Thread: RVSGAMING and RVSMODS-GONE | Forums

OUCH-this hurts!!!

Quotes from Gotti and Autoload
    "Just got the official (and unfortunate word). XDrive is off the grid. They're trying to get back online, but it doesn't look good.

So the ride has ended for us and for lots of sites and servers.

Anybody who wants to pickup a serious bandwidth hog in exchange for massive advertisment let me know, otherwise I'm history.

"Will Work for Food"

RavenShieldMod.com has left the building.
    Autoload"
    and
    "They are trying to get stuff back online. Right now they have the web servers running on a 4MB DSL line (instead of that fatty OC-12). FTP and SQL servers are unreachable at times as the network is FUGAZI. Game servers are offline completely.

If they get back online I and others will be back, but if they don't then I won't unless I can find another game host willing to flip the bandwidth necessary to run my server (210+ GB per month).

They have been good to me..no ill feelings at all. That's the way it goes"

Then from Gotti

"Ahhh... finally a way out of this game... thanks to all who visited the site. Been a fun ride..

Gotti
    RvSGaming.com"

Don't know about the of you, but this hits the community hard,IMHO. Another nail for the coffin. Both sites will be missed.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

OUCH-this hurts!!!

Quotes from Gotti and Autoload
    "Just got the official (and unfortunate word). XDrive is off the grid. They're trying to get back online, but it doesn't look good.

So the ride has ended for us and for lots of sites and servers.

Anybody who wants to pickup a serious bandwidth hog in exchange for massive advertisment let me know, otherwise I'm history.

"Will Work for Food"

RavenShieldMod.com has left the building.
    Autoload"
    and
    "They are trying to get stuff back online. Right now they have the web servers running on a 4MB DSL line (instead of that fatty OC-12). FTP and SQL servers are unreachable at times as the network is FUGAZI. Game servers are offline completely.

If they get back online I and others will be back, but if they don't then I won't unless I can find another game host willing to flip the bandwidth necessary to run my server (210+ GB per month).

They have been good to me..no ill feelings at all. That's the way it goes"

Then from Gotti

"Ahhh... finally a way out of this game... thanks to all who visited the site. Been a fun ride..

Gotti
    RvSGaming.com"

Don't know about the of you, but this hits the community hard,IMHO. Another nail for the coffin. Both sites will be missed.

Damn shame that. RvSGaming was the best site for downloads and info on maps we could have asked for.

Thx heaps Gotti. Shame to see you go.

<font size="1" font color=white>Forum Moderator</font>

<font size="1" font color=#AAAAAA>Forum Moderator</font>

RVSgaming was my favorite site for maps. It was awesome- i really appreciated it

-----------------------
    =AEST=Weasel aka Ten Bumblebees
    www.battlegamer.com
    www.eastcoastops.tk

"OH, YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?!"

Banned
    WOW,no wonder i couldnt get onto the site 2 days running,i cursed god/my pc/ cause it wouldnt let me on.........sad as it seemed to be the best rs mod site going

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "The game is strong and entertaining."
    -- Michael Lafferty, GAMEZONE ONLINE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.rvsgaming.com is up, but it loads very slowly.

YA, XDrive (hosting company) is functioning some what again.

from GOTTI

"Grrr... well www.RvSGaming.com is up... but not sure what XDrive is trying to do... site takes quite a while to load. Hopefully it will get better but not really counting on it.

Gotti"

Well this comes as a suprise, I never thought it could happen, **** this economy!

I have a server that we at ShadowSquadHQ use as an redirect server, it is my dedicated server in Florida hosted by Stability Hosting. I'm allowed 500GB's per month and I only use a fraction of that hosting small websites, eggdrop bots, bouncers and RVS redirect. The server uses FreeBSD and it's probably due for a Rebuild World.

Maybe ShadowSquadHQ.com and RVSGaming.com can somehow hook up, we could share costs possibly? Our members pay dues monthly and maybe with RVSGaming donations we could keep everyone happy?

Please feel free to join www.shadowsquadhq.com if you haven't already in the past, I'll create a forum post about RVSGaming and ShadowSquadHQ possibly coming together in some way, shape or forum.

Sincerely

One of the Senior Admin @ ShadowSquadHQ

SS^Psycho

aka: Gary