Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Maker's Feature Suggestion Thread | Forums

I know how difficult it is to make these videos. We have provided lots of tools in the way of camera angles and positions but there are always new ideas that can make something better.

We're not making any promises, but we would like feedback from the guys who know the strengths and limitations of Lock On's video capabilities. Please share with us what you would recommend for a new product with regard to video recording.

We appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
    Carl

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Carl C. Norman
    Executive Producer & Consultant
    The Fighter Collection/Eagle Dynamics

Disclaimer: I am a representative from the Developer of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I am NOT a spokesman for Ubi Soft nor am I a Moderator for their forums. Official announcements concerning release dates will come directly from Ubi Soft. All features and dates mentioned in this posting are variable and subject to change at any time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I know how difficult it is to make these videos. We have provided lots of tools in the way of camera angles and positions but there are always new ideas that can make something better.

We're not making any promises, but we would like feedback from the guys who know the strengths and limitations of Lock On's video capabilities. Please share with us what you would recommend for a new product with regard to video recording.

We appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
    Carl

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Carl C. Norman
    Executive Producer & Consultant
    The Fighter Collection/Eagle Dynamics

Disclaimer: I am a representative from the Developer of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I am NOT a spokesman for Ubi Soft nor am I a Moderator for their forums. Official announcements concerning release dates will come directly from Ubi Soft. All features and dates mentioned in this posting are variable and subject to change at any time.

Stormin, I am sure that guys will come up with some stuff for ya. However, the only real limitation that keeps me from using the AVI tool is that it takes too long to use it easily. One thing that would help us is an on and off record button that can be actived and deactived in the misssion. This way we could record much shorter track and get only the action we need. As it is now I have to watch a track multiple times noting when and where the action occurrs. Then go back and record the camera angles, then render to AVI only the portions that have the action. Very cumbersome and overly time comsuming.

I do not have a problem spending time making these movies. I have spent more than a month on one production, but the way it is now using renders from full track just takes too much of my limited sim time to use it. Still thank you for giving it to us and asking us what would make it better. You guys have done a great job with LOMAC and dealing with the community. S!

http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/index.html
    -----------------------------
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power"
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/index.html
    -----------------------------
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to

stormin, you have indeed made it easy to make movies, and for that i thank you.

most of the camera angles are there, but i would like to suggest more

when in F11 view (i.e. detached from your plane) would it be possible to put a toggle button so that it changes the movement of the camera

i.e. when you are in f11 view currently you use * and / to move and the numpad (or mouse) to 'pan' the camera.

would it be possible to add a toggle button that when the keypad is depressed the camera moves in the direction of the keypad pressed (if 6 is pressed the camera 'moved' to the right, with the direction of travel 90 degrees to what you can see)

in technical terms this shot is known as a dolly

its kinda hard to explain (as my poor explaination shows) but this is a camera feature that i would like, otehrwise keep up the good work

I'll assume that 'new product' excludes Lock On 1.03?

Having not actually gotten around to making a full movie meself yet I'm not exactly the best qualifed to be be making suggestions, but what the hell...

1. More control over time. Rewind would be pretty handy.

2. The ability to set markers, i.e. 'Ctrl + 1-9' could mark a point in time, and then the corresponding number key could be used to jump directly to it. Noticed that keys to this effect are in the keyboard options, but I gather it's not implemented in the release.

3. Trimming tracks. When the interesting bit happens in the middle of a 20 min track, it's a bit of a pain to get to. Would be good to save a specific portion of a track seperately.

I guess the above depend largely on whether the track recording system can handle jumping around in time. Is this why the roll-back feature isn't functional in Lock On?

4. Different keyboard layout for video edit mode. Since we're not concerned with flying planes anymore, it might make sense to make more use of the available keys. Any extra functionality might make this a necessity.

That's me exhausted for the time being. Might have had more suggestions if I could stop flying the bloody thing and actually make some movies.

Brun

I'm surprised noone has mentioned these yet.

1) The AVI tool is the best solution, but seeing as how all movies over 2Gig corrupt, that would be a good thing to fix. I cannot get more than 30 secs of film before reaching 2Gig.

2) The AVI tool again has some "bugginess" to it. For some reason it doesn't like to hold on to camera angles. You can spend 15minutes setting up a perfect camera angle in Track Edit, but then when the AVI tool starts recording, it reverts to a completely different angle.

The above two things are probably more bug reports than new feature requests, so perhaps they have a chance of making it into a patch. ??

Having used the AVI tool exclusively I'd like to see one thing fixed. When you destroy your primary objective and save the track, if you go back to edit your camera angles it won't save. This is directly related to the primary objective. The rest of the posts here w/the punch in/out, and the diff edit modes are all great ideas. So is a better AVI tool so that you can open more than 2 gig files.

Saint, try the Huffy codec. I was recording uncompressed and mixing down the final into DivX 5.1.1 and there is no difference between starting uncompressed and w/Huffy. Additionally, when you go to your first camera angle record from 1 second before that. The AVI tool will remember the camera angle. Using these 2 tips you'll be able to record 2 minute clips. Additionally, I'll be messing around with Morgan JPEG (MJPEG) w/my next vid but it looks like there won't be a degradation in quality w/rendering from the AVI tool to Morgan. If thats the case you'll be able to record 10-15 minute clips using this codec. I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm a PC gamer. Any comments I make that don't specifically state a platform you can bet I'm referring to PC.
    3Sqn Forums
    [url=http://teambsr.com

Ok, making movies in lock on is very easy, i must say. But to make it even better:

- Would love to have more camera angles (like under the wing, on top of the plane looking backwards, stuff like that...)

- Better zoom control (not just instant zoom when you press it.. Like, slower zooming maybe)

- Have the option to have a shaky camera in F-11 view.

- Oh, like mentioned above: A rewind function. Very very important, IMO.

There's probably more..but i can't quite think of anything else at the moment. These suggestions are just some of the things i would find usefull

Btw, it's 00:15 now, i'm tired, so i might build on this list tomorrow

how do you record your game track???
    I want to make a movie for myself....but can't figure out how to make a track so I can playback and see how I did

When you are looking at the map, instead of clicking "Fly" hit Ctrl-R.

Then when you are finished it will take you to a save screen where you enter and name and click save.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast