Thread: TDM and powerups | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

First of all I would like to thank Crytek for making such an amazing game, the single player is almost flawless in comparison to the games available at the current time.
    But certain gamemodes in multiplayer are certainly lacking clout. If it wasnt bad enough we only get the choice of 3 game modes (no Deathmtach?)the TDM side of things look a little less then satisfactory.

Smaller maps or faster walking speed.

More control points.

Additional powerups (mebbe an adreneline boost or double health ala megahealth)
    After having played on a server were the speed cap had been tweaked, walking speed was about 2/3 of sprint which actually made the game feel lively, chances of dodging the infamous Rocket splash spam and getting to control points. This brings me to my final point, tdm maps dont have any enough places of control, the map I played on had 1 armor location, I feel farcry lacks in powerups as it is and the fact the binos are a pick up and not given as default (in TDM) only slows things down more due to excessive sniper camping. Having 1 locaton on a huge map kinda spoils the fact you have so much terrain to venture but most of it is useless. Either we need some smaller tdm maps were it doesnt take 3 minutes to reach the 1 focal point of control. TDM maps work best when there are 3 places of control, 1 on each side of map and one central which should result in the usage of the whole map.

For people who wil say speed reduces realism well lemme ask you this, were are the ironsights?
    bigger weapons slow you down yet i cant run any faster when i respawn and only have a pistol and machette, realistically you should be able to run faster and actually picking armour and more weapons should really slow you down, the fact you can swim and your clothes reamin dry isnt realistic. This should also slow you down
    What Im trying to say is Far Cry isnt that realistic and its a horrible waste if your capped at such a slow speed because of so called *realism* settings.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

First of all I would like to thank Crytek for making such an amazing game, the single player is almost flawless in comparison to the games available at the current time.
    But certain gamemodes in multiplayer are certainly lacking clout. If it wasnt bad enough we only get the choice of 3 game modes (no Deathmtach?)the TDM side of things look a little less then satisfactory.

Smaller maps or faster walking speed.

More control points.

Additional powerups (mebbe an adreneline boost or double health ala megahealth)
    After having played on a server were the speed cap had been tweaked, walking speed was about 2/3 of sprint which actually made the game feel lively, chances of dodging the infamous Rocket splash spam and getting to control points. This brings me to my final point, tdm maps dont have any enough places of control, the map I played on had 1 armor location, I feel farcry lacks in powerups as it is and the fact the binos are a pick up and not given as default (in TDM) only slows things down more due to excessive sniper camping. Having 1 locaton on a huge map kinda spoils the fact you have so much terrain to venture but most of it is useless. Either we need some smaller tdm maps were it doesnt take 3 minutes to reach the 1 focal point of control. TDM maps work best when there are 3 places of control, 1 on each side of map and one central which should result in the usage of the whole map.

For people who wil say speed reduces realism well lemme ask you this, were are the ironsights?
    bigger weapons slow you down yet i cant run any faster when i respawn and only have a pistol and machette, realistically you should be able to run faster and actually picking armour and more weapons should really slow you down, the fact you can swim and your clothes reamin dry isnt realistic. This should also slow you down
    What Im trying to say is Far Cry isnt that realistic and its a horrible waste if your capped at such a slow speed because of so called *realism* settings.

holy ****, no way! Power-ups will just ruin what the gameplay is all about! Learn how to fight and defend yourself better.

I can fight and defend my self just fine:P But I'm sure alot of people will agree it gets a bit boring when you get sniped because you move so slow.....not to mention the neverending line of idiots who trash the transport at earliest given oportunity! powerups atleast would give the teams some insentive to move around the map and not lay around in bushes waiting for the perfect shot which in actual fact requires hardly any skill whatsoever when your target is almost stationary:P

im a realism freak, so always when i dive in the water in a game i trow a bucket of water on myself or i just pee on myself o_0

Powerups would completly kill the realistic aspect of this game.

This isnt Unreal Tournament... there is no need for any sort of "powerups".

Pentium 4 2.26GHz
    Radeon 9200 w/ 4.3 catalyst
    512mb DDR RAM

irc.gamesurge.net -- #farcry -- #findscrim-fc -- #twl_farcry

Pentium 4 2.26GHz
    Windows XP Pro
    Radeon 9200 w/ 4.5 catalyst
    512mb DDR RAM

http://www.clan-xt.com

irc.gamesurge.net -- #XeroTolerance -- #farcry -- #findscrim-fc -- #twl_f

Powerups would completly kill the realistic aspect of this game.

This isnt Unreal Tournament ... there is no need for any sort of "powerups".

So the duel fire weapons, the veichles, the headshots are nothing like UT2k4 and Unreal 2 xmp.
    mmkay mr realism....the fact you can shoot someone's legs 5 to 10 times and they can still walk and run...that's very realistic especially since the armour is only protecting the upper portion of the body?

or mebbe the fact you can jump down certain terrain whilst carrying a Huge Rocket launcher,SAW,shotgun and the OICW? gg knee caps.

the fact everone moves the same speed regardless of skin,size and weapon carried....very realistic.
    t
    The 4 weapons you can carry make no noise whatsoever when you lug them around....

Special hawaiian shirt designed to carry weapons of mass destruction *silently and not forgetting now available in self drying flavor.

Just by turning a wrench an engineer can construct buildings and minigun turrets.

I dont look upon Far Cry as a realistic 3d shooter in comparison to even Call of Duty or Raven Shield .

TBH
    If farcry was anything like UT/ut2k3/ut2k4 MultiPlayer then I know for a fact it would be a lot more fun to play.
    I may sound alike a UT2K4 cheerleader but I dont even own the game:P just played the demo.

BTW can you tell me what the negative effects of having something like an adrenaline boost powerup would have? Well known fact certain drugs#forumlas exist in the real world which can be taken to provide extra energy or physical strentgh.

[This message was edited by shib_ on Fri April 09 2004 at 08:10 PM.]