Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Hardcore

27 79.41%
  • Yes but with coms tower enabled

6 17.65%
  • No

1 2.94%
    Hey ROWEMEISTER, I wouldn't be playing PvP public modes too much (maybe only custom with friends), but I still voted for a hardcore option. I firmly believe that Ghost War and the campaign and all offshoots of Ghost Recon Wildlands need more options and more customization in all modes of play.

Originally Posted by Heids24 Go to original post
    I would like a hardcore mode, but there would need to be some balance applied to prevent total camping. Heavy vegetation maps would amount to nothing but recon classes laying still in the brush just waiting to see if they can spot someone in their scope. Maybe leave the radio tower to force at least some movement on the map.

I think this is a legitimate issue. It's very difficult to see people in this game, which is cool but I think it encourages camping. I'm wondering if this is why they've came out with things like auto-marking, sound marks and now thermal vision. I wonder if dialing back some of the vegetation would help improve gameplay without the need for all the extra locating methods. Rough direction of sound and map markers were all we needed in the past.

D-from-Oxford's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by strugglesoft Go to original post
    I think this is a legitimate issue. It's very difficult to see people in this game, which is cool but I think it encourages camping. I'm wondering if this is why they've came out with things like auto-marking, sound marks and now thermal vision. I wonder if dialing back some of the vegetation would help improve gameplay without the need for all the extra locating methods. Rough direction of sound and map markers were all we needed in the past.
    Agreed. I was thinking about their ability to just remove a lot of this foliage, leaving the odd bush. The maps are definitely unlike any other tactical TPS maps that are purpose-built for PVP. But as people keep saying, it is only really an issue for TDM.

I'd be happy if they made some maps mode-specific when they bring more modes and TDM can then just have maps that are more suited, like fully urban environments. It is a tough one to tackle, I admit, but I am in favour of hardcore regardless.

umesto's Avatar Junior Member
    not going to buy it until a no icon server option is available. can't stand all this onscreen symbols...

Eagle_One_'s Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by umesto Go to original post
    not going to buy it until a no icon server option is available. can't stand all this onscreen symbols...
    Originally Posted by D-from-Oxford Go to original post
    Agreed. I was thinking about their ability to just remove a lot of this foliage, leaving the odd bush. The maps are definitely unlike any other tactical TPS maps that are purpose-built for PVP. But as people keep saying, it is only really an issue for TDM.

I'd be happy if they made some maps mode-specific when they bring more modes and TDM can then just have maps that are more suited, like fully urban environments. It is a tough one to tackle, I admit, but I am in favour of hardcore regardless.
    They can just cut out the exagerated space within the maps. Less bush more obsticules to get around. A DLC with 3 or 4 urban maps would amazing!
     1 people found this helpful

Idiotic idea. Shows how little you guys know about game design.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Iudex's Avatar Community Representative
    Thank you all for writing-in! We have gotten sentiment regarding a hardcore mode shared along to the team. Going to be making note of this thread as well.
     4 people found this helpful

No. I'd rather they find middle ground and incrementally apply changes over a period of time. If you have a hardcore mode it splits the community, and if you've been paying attention to the active player count, that's not something the game needs, especially in the short term.

Yes to the next installment of ghost recon. I'd rather the developers focus more on creating a new title / expansion. I'd be willing to throw down more cash, if they come up with a solid way to increase the player base. The PVP mechanics are pretty good IMO, they just need more players.

Eagle_One_'s Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by umesto Go to original post
    Originally Posted by llllIllIIIIIIII Go to original post
    Idiotic idea. Shows how little you guys know about game design.
    I know plenty about about game design visit, www.projectconfrontation.com

Not sure who or what your posting to but thanks for the feedback!
     2 people found this helpful

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Iudex Go to original post
    Thank you all for writing-in! We have gotten sentiment regarding a hardcore mode shared along to the team. Going to be making note of this thread as well.
    Thanks Ludex. I really hope they are listening to this segment of their fanbase. I believe there are more of us who prefer a more milsim / hardcore experience than they think.

All we are asking for is for more mode(s) to support a wider range of gameplay preferences.
     3 people found this helpful