xdementedpro8's Avatar Member

[FEEDBACK][CUSTOMIZATION] Weapon Customization LACKING

I'd first like to say I've been having a blast playing the Ghost War 4v4 PvP. I will say however that I would have rather had a 6v6 engagement and I'm hoping to see this added to the game soon. The tactical approach that the game modes rule set forces is exactly what I've been looking for in this TACTICAL SHOOTER GENRE and puts WILDLANDS at the top of the heap IMO. *The problem with squads finding matches im sure will be worked out over time. Me and my guys took an hour to find a match all get placed in the same match as matchmaking was breaking up the temptations. A lot of times we were waiting longer than It took us to play the matches* Anywho there are a couple things I'd like to see changed though.

1. WEAPON CHOICES - I think each class should have a set of weapons to choose from, three or four guns maybe. The 1 Weapon + Upgrade unlock is not enough for me. Wildlands offerd a ton of weapons in the main game and my choices made me feel unique in my loadout selection regardless of what my squadmates used.

2. WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION - There surprisingly is none and I'd like to know, why is this not a thing? It's a tactical game and i'd like to equip supressors and triggers that allow single shot. Also, my own preferred Optics. I think this is a necessary addition that has absolutely no draw-backs for any one.

3. PERKS - Is there plans for players to chose more than one perk in the future? Picking one perk makes it interesting when it's dark out and you need to use thermal goggles vs. let's say quick hands or mirror mark. While it is interesting I think we could do a 2 perk system without really effecting the overall game experience. 3 would be excessive btw.

Of the three points i spoke on the one that I feel has to be addressed is the weapon customization. More weapons wouldn't be a big deal If i could customize a weapon to fire as I'm comfortable with. Please tell me at least some form of weapon customization is coming soon.
     1 people found this helpful

JonathanRL's Avatar Member
    2. WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION - There surprisingly is none and I'd like to know, why is this not a thing? It's a tactical game and i'd like to equip supressors and triggers that allow single shot. Also, my own preferred Optics. I think this is a necessary addition that has absolutely no draw-backs for any one.
    Balance. Suppressors are most likely restricted so nobody will feel encouraged to blast away wildly. Also, the suppressor is the prerogative of the Assassin Class. If everybody can have it, everybody would use it. I do support limited customization - such as choice of optics in the same zoom category but not much further than that. However, I support the current system in the name of balance.

3. PERKS - Is there plans for players to chose more than one perk in the future? Picking one perk makes it interesting when it's dark out and you need to use thermal goggles vs. let's say quick hands or mirror mark. While it is interesting I think we could do a 2 perk system without really effecting the overall game experience. 3 would be excessive btw.
    I hope not. Choosing a single perk makes you think about what you need to focus on.
     2 people found this helpful

I think we need to keep the perk system just as it is. This game isn’t Call of Duty pick 10 perks....let alone pick 3. Keep the games perk system as it is. Force players to play THEIR role and make decisions what to pick and play as a TEAM player....not a one man army.

As far as attachments/weapons go, that will be coming no doubt. Give it time.

Originally Posted by JonathanRL Go to original post
    Balance. Suppressors are most likely restricted so nobody will feel encouraged to blast away wildly. Also, the suppressor is the prerogative of the Assassin Class. If everybody can have it, everybody would use it. I do support limited customization - such as choice of optics in the same zoom category but not much further than that. However, I support the current system in the name of balance.
    I understand what you mean here, but i still think the suppressors should be an option for all, with a significant damage and range decrease. In order for the Assassins class to remain viable, I would take away some of the damage and range drop off from their weapons.

Either way we need the option for more than one OP. Pistols don't cut it in long range engagements.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Recon232369 Go to original post
    I think we need to keep the perk system just as it is. This game isn’t Call of Duty pick 10 perks....let alone pick 3. Keep the games perk system as it is. Force players to play THEIR role and make decisions what to pick and play as a TEAM player....not a one man army.

As far as attachments/weapons go, that will be coming no doubt. Give it time.
    I would never support the 3 perk overkill of COD and I understand why its limited to one in Wildlands. But two perks wouldn't ruin the games meta and I think you should be able to do this and sacrifice maybe some throwables. Nades, Flashbangs and C4 or something. An exchange of some sort.

This game is a hide and shoot. If everyone can use a silencer the noise marker will be useless.
    I prefer this system

Yeah the balance has caused this game to be quite restrictive in weapons and optic choices.

Originally Posted by BATTERIS Go to original post
    This game is a hide and shoot. If everyone can use a silencer the noise marker will be useless.
    I prefer this system
    I have actually turned that annoying marker off in favor of teammates making accurate callouts. Just because the suppressor is an option doesn't mean everyone will use it. Give it a large enough damage drop off and that makes people think. The suppressor has been in other tactical shooters like Rainbow Six Siege and the damage drop off keeps 95% of players (I've faced) away from them. It needs to be an option in other classes outside of assassin.

Originally Posted by TheSgtOpt Go to original post
    Yeah the balance has caused this game to be quite restrictive in weapons and optic choices.
    I understand that balance is restrictive, I'd like to see others opinions on these points though.

Originally Posted by xdementedpro8 Go to original post
    I'd first like to say I've been having a blast playing the Ghost War 4v4 PvP. I will say however that I would have rather had a 6v6 engagement and I'm hoping to see this added to the game soon. The tactical approach that the game modes rule set forces is exactly what I've been looking for in this TACTICAL SHOOTER GENRE and puts WILDLANDS at the top of the heap IMO. *The problem with squads finding matches im sure will be worked out over time. Me and my guys took an hour to find a match all get placed in the same match as matchmaking was breaking up the temptations. A lot of times we were waiting longer than It took us to play the matches* Anywho there are a couple things I'd like to see changed though.

1. WEAPON CHOICES - I think each class should have a set of weapons to choose from, three or four guns maybe. The 1 Weapon + Upgrade unlock is not enough for me. Wildlands offerd a ton of weapons in the main game and my choices made me feel unique in my loadout selection regardless of what my squadmates used.

Of the three points i spoke on the one that I feel has to be addressed is the weapon customization. More weapons wouldn't be a big deal If i could customize a weapon to fire as I'm comfortable with. Please tell me at least some form of weapon customization is coming soon.
    Less options does make it easier for them to balance. I prefer well balanced to additional weapon customization. The loadout was selected based on the role that particular character is supposed to fulfill.