Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with fire flies and Waterfall (spoilers welcome) | Forums

Hi,
    Im fairly new here just created my acount not ten minuts ago, but Ive been looking about the threads here for a day or so tring to solve this problem and Im still stuck. So here goes.

In Eder Gira ther is an area with a lake and water falls, I know you have to get the fireflys across to the cave under the falls. I know your only alowed one walking jump before you scare them off, and I know that your suposed to use the "fish catcher basket" item as a bridge. This is where my problem lies, Ive heard two ways to use it and I cant seem to get ether of them right.

The first one I heard is that you jam the basket between the "shore" and the "dogbone"that sticks up on the little *****ula thing, and walk across that and use your one jump to cross from the peninsula to the cave under the falls. Couldnt seem to find out how to jam it in there right, tryed for two hours and got sick of falling in the water so I went looking again for another hint.

The next hint I found said to shove the basket all the way right, under the falls so that you walk from the peninsula across it to the cave, and use your one jump to cross from the shore to the peninsula. Tryed that for about an hour and a half, had to link back to Relto to change into swim trunks, so now Im just getting frustrated.

Any help anyone can give me would be much apreciated, spoilers welcome, I wouldnt even say no to a pic that shows the corect placement of the basket if anyone has one handy.

Thanks and have a great New Year.

[This message was edited by Gemini6881 on Thu January 01 2004 at 02:49 AM.]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,
    Im fairly new here just created my acount not ten minuts ago, but Ive been looking about the threads here for a day or so tring to solve this problem and Im still stuck. So here goes.

In Eder Gira ther is an area with a lake and water falls, I know you have to get the fireflys across to the cave under the falls. I know your only alowed one walking jump before you scare them off, and I know that your suposed to use the "fish catcher basket" item as a bridge. This is where my problem lies, Ive heard two ways to use it and I cant seem to get ether of them right.

The first one I heard is that you jam the basket between the "shore" and the "dogbone"that sticks up on the little *****ula thing, and walk across that and use your one jump to cross from the peninsula to the cave under the falls. Couldnt seem to find out how to jam it in there right, tryed for two hours and got sick of falling in the water so I went looking again for another hint.

The next hint I found said to shove the basket all the way right, under the falls so that you walk from the peninsula across it to the cave, and use your one jump to cross from the shore to the peninsula. Tryed that for about an hour and a half, had to link back to Relto to change into swim trunks, so now Im just getting frustrated.

Any help anyone can give me would be much apreciated, spoilers welcome, I wouldnt even say no to a pic that shows the corect placement of the basket if anyone has one handy.

Thanks and have a great New Year.

[This message was edited by Gemini6881 on Thu January 01 2004 at 02:49 AM.]

The baskets will move around even when placed correctly. Your first method is the best. Good luck. Be advised this was not a very thrilling part of the game for many, due to the feet only aspect. You only need to get across once or twice and can adjust after it is safe to go into the water ie: meaning the only reason you are not wanting to get we t are the fire flies.

I kinda liked this puzzle, a bit frustrating but it's likeable...

Between the pennisula and the shore, the way I did it was in that little channel put the basket and then use that as your bridge, BUT before you go back to Eder Garden you need to shove it as far against the short as you can while it's still in the water. That way, when you go back to Eder Desert you walk on the basket and just keep walking (it'll kinda slide under you) onto that pennisula, use your one jump to get to the cave, then you should be able to figure the rest out from there

yeah, jumping with the fireflies is tough... it took me many, many tries to get it... and i needed to take a few peeks at the forums to reasure myself that i was right in thinking that this is what i really had to do! - i can't remember exactly how i was doing it, cos it's been a while now... but i think i was making one jump across the first small stream... the fireflies seem to stick with you no matter what, once u get it... then walk towards the second larger jump... with the fishing basket thingie already placed neatly and as close to the far bank as u can get it... so one jump onto it... and walking, will get u to the far bank - tho this is the bit that took me the longest time to get right - once u get up thro the tunnels (i like the way they've done this bit, with the darkness only allowing u thro when u have the fireflies... clever, and effective that... the jump bits spoil the appreciation for it tho, i feel) anyways, the most annoying bit... unless u r lucky enough to think to try it the right way first, is the higher jump up over the top of the small waterfall... ack... cos get it wrong and you gotta do it all over again!!... from what i remember it's just one big jump... stop when u land... and pray they r still with you. i think perhaps just before u get to that jump, or just after u will find some more fishing baskets, which u can kick down... allowing u to block in all the jumps completely so u can walk em all. it might be a bit pointless to do that, but it's nice to have the reasurance that u don't have to ever do those jumps with the fireflies again!!!!

Gareth
    KI #01559931
    Gareth

What i did was to shove the basket in the narrowest gap first.When u brought the fireflies back,u just need to cross.After that use one jump to reach the waterfalls cave.hopefully,u dun fall into the water,that is,so walk as close as possible before making that precious one jump.

Only thing about this frustrating puzzle that upset me was the Anti-climax of why you need the fire flies to see in there.

Thanks
    I finaly got across with the fireflys. The first time I tryed to cross the water by puting the basket between shore and peninsula I could never get it close enuf to the shore to not touch water. This time I took it out onto the shore and shoved it off the edge into the stream. Worked a lot better, although I had to reposition it every time I walked across it but it worked anyhow.

Thanks for all the help.

Banned
    This puzzle also has me tearing my hair out. I want to say a few words to the Cyan developers but none of them are polite. Am I right in thinking that the fish basket, no matter where you put it, has to be positioned with the complete side (no missing slats) up? I am just curious...

It would be best, but I've successfully walked across it with the empty side up. It looked like my feet got wet but nothing bad happened. I just kept walking.

KI 01025109 Atrus
    KI 00220989 Katran
    My Uru space Remember Atrus, Katran and Achenar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast