Third Person without corner camping for pvp?

Example of what I'd like for Wildlands PVP: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciNyl_H0Ug#t=28s The video shows that despite the 3rd person camera showing area of the map you would not be able to see in first person. In Scum they made it so it won't show the enemy's location unless your character physically peeks.
    Much like how Battlegrounds started out with only third person, and then added first person to cater to players who wanted to play without corner camping. It also adds replayability for those who like to play either way.
     1 people found this helpful

GORESH's Avatar Member
    Congrats, I think your the very 1st person to complain about cheaters in PVP.
     2 people found this helpful

it's more exploit than cheating.
    that's the point, it's such a standard practice which is why Battlegrounds made it optional. and why Scum implemented that clever solution.

it no longer feels like cheating when everyone is doing it. It just becomes part of the game.

Not asking to get rid of it, asking to make it optional.

M_Ulukai's Avatar Senior Member
    The camera view isn't cheating, everyone have it, that's why I don't like TPV cause you wait and shoot. that's what killed R6:Vegas PVP.

Won't change a thing for people that played GRFS and others TPV games.
     1 people found this helpful

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Currently in a hot country, where Spanish is the main language.
    It's neither cheating or an exploit.

The third person view is a fundamental part of the game mechanic and consistent with the Ghost and Recon parts of the name - seeing without being seen. With the right distances and sight lines on maps and the right consequences for risking a shot, then it promotes teamwork and communication. These are the two fundamental aspects of Ghost Recon PvP, and whilst many argue that FPV is a more realistic mechanic, to me the TPV results in more realistic behaviours.
     3 people found this helpful

It's just a part of the game when it comes to TPSs. There are times when it's frustrating, but when everyone has the advantage it's really not a problem to me. I would prefer to have a FPV option for matches like in prior GRs, but ultimately I don't find it to be a big deal.

M_Ulukai's Avatar Senior Member
    Bah Blue it's because you're a console player and knew the game as TPV when pc version always have been TPV untill GRFS.

You console PEASENT PS: Luv you.

Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    ... with the Ghost and Recon parts of the name - seeing without being seen..
    the inverse applies just as well. like being seen without seeing. Depending on whose vantage point.

I also think its more spectator friendly to have something that respects FPV more as it tends to encourage play making.

As ulukai said everyone has the advantage, so it's not game breaking. Albeit, for me, being able to see without risk would be a bit more for casual play. It's easier to say visualize yourself aim for their head for example which does not give the opponent much of a chance.

I think some of the further success PUGB enjoyed can be partly attributed to them adding FPV. The solution presented here would keep TPV with the benefits of FPV.
    and overall success of Wildlands is good regardless of your preference.

You could say it would split the players base, however it might bring more people to the game, or better still help with player retention. If you build it they will come.

I do think playing with drones, maybe adding blind fire (with less accuracy) things of that nature can give us those types of elements which I think are more interesting than simply turning camera to see along edge.

Maybe give us mirrors that we can look into, could appear as a picture in picture or makes you enter first person to view it. In your head you'd have to inverse the image.
    to see around corners there's new technology now too that attaches a camera to a bendable rifle like the "Corner Shot 40™ Personal Grenade Launcher (PGL)", you can google it.
    Though I'd imagine just placing a camera would be easier. but that's maybe getting ahead of ourselves.
    maybe you could peek quickly, place your back against the wall and quickly poke head out.
    same for throwing nades, perhaps side arm throw while staying behind wall.

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Currently in a hot country, where Spanish is the main language.
    Originally Posted by M_Ulukai Go to original post
    Bah Blue it's because you're a console player and knew the game as TPV when pc version always have been TPV untill GRFS.

You console PEASENT PS: Luv you.
    The first two console games were first person!

I have a decent gaming PC. I use it for email when I'm on my Xbox.

Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    The first two console games were first person!

I have a decent gaming PC. I use it for email when I'm on my Xbox.
    This just made me laugh out loud pretty hard.

But also, 100% agree using the third person camera is no way an exploit or cheat. TPS is it's own mini-genre in the Shooter realm and with it comes completely different tactics and strategies.

I personally feel comparatively, TPS level the playing field and can humble even the best shooters, making them be more conscientious and direct with their movements/tactics. FPS, again in my opinion, lean (for the most part) heavily to shooting abilities. Body placement, map knowledge, etc. all goes into it but at the end of the day your skill as a shooter can allow one to ignore all those other game facets and wreck house.

With the extra viewing for TPS, in my opinion, the knowledge/strategies used become more on par with shooting ability since we all know even in TPS a player with good movement and shooting abilities can just wreck house as well, but not as often.

This also does not really apply to legitimate Pro leagues as they are all fantastic shooters and then the strats are key, and there are of course teams with individual abilities just dwarfing the other team.

I do absolutely love the concepts that SCUM are introducing to the TPS genre though, and I personally prefer TPS without spotting icons so I hope that Wildlands introduces a hardcore or altered game mode. At most I personally prefer a timed "last known location" to appear on map, not even as part of your HUD. Some FPS games do this well utilizing the minimaps, and I oddly enough rarely see it for TPS.

I am still excited to see what comes with a more in depth look