Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sealife | Forums

I hear there are some erie sounds that can be heard by crew of a submarine, and by the sonarman such as whales, schools of fish, and the rocks on the bottom of the ocean.

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I hear there are some erie sounds that can be heard by crew of a submarine, and by the sonarman such as whales, schools of fish, and the rocks on the bottom of the ocean.

~ Benjamin Franklin
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quite true -- in fact "organic" sounds were included in Jane's old subsim 688i, at least at the sonar station. There's no reason we shouldn't have these sounds, too -- it requires only the will to do so.

S-Boot

I hope there is some more underwater sounds. Would be cool to hear also a sub (if we had Destroyer Command 2) underwater with crew voices or music sounding. The more the merrier.
    .â·âºâ·._________________________________________ ____________.â·âºâ·.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Help someone. Share your knowledge. Information Integration!
    Above all - Never forget to keep on Smiling' Always!
    .â·â

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The12342sainT:
    I hear there are some erie sounds that can be heard by crew of a submarine, and by the sonarman such as whales, schools of fish, and the rocks on the bottom of the ocean.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What sound does a rock make ?

Drebbel

The Submarines of the Royal Netherlands Navy 1906 - 2004
    http://www.DutchSubmarines.com/
    We have a NEW FORUM:
    http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/phpbb2/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.DutchFleet.net

Cracking, rolling, falling stones in the bottom of the oceans due to earth activity and water displacement...

Remember life is everywhere

YOU could have schools of dolphins which swim beside your u-boat now and again.

If they do have lost crew in the waters after a ship is sunk, you could have sharks swirling around and maybe a few dolphins can save the crew lives, like what happend on several occations

Cyril Conway was one of the 26 Armed guards on the "SS Peter Sylvester". Cyril and fourteen others had been on a raft for 38 days, 6hrs and 10 mins before they were found. He was in one of the last group of survivors to be found. At one stage a school of dolphins had chased off a school of circling sharks. American Submarine USS Rock (SS-274) found the Cyril's raft at 2235 (10:35pm) on 9 March 1945. The 15 survivors were landed at Exmouth Gulf.

jagtigermk2 you might want to delete your profile icon . just a hint.

If there is sealife like sharks, I hate sharks so I will be shootin at them. Get them before they get me! jagtigermk2 nice Avitar.
    .â·âºâ·._________________________________________ ____________.â·âºâ·.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Help someone. Share your knowledge. Information Integration!
    Above all - Never forget to keep on Smiling' Always!
    .â·â

Ooo Ooo, I wanna see the green foam of plankton (or whatever the devil it is), as I cruise at night.
    [hr][color:white]Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)[/color]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast