10 minute ban even though game froze (not me, the game)

End of match, we lose and it zooms in on my dead character. Then, nothing. This is the second time it's happened. Last time I just ALT-F4'd and closed the game since I was about done anyway. This time I wanted to continue, so I pressed Esc and clicked Exit to World Map. And even though the match ended, I was still hit with the 10 minute ban. I don't think it's a connection issue on my end.

Use Task Manager next time, you don't get the penalty that way. I had the same error happen to me earlier today too.

Originally Posted by Biggus.Diccus Go to original post
    Use Task Manager next time, you don't get the penalty that way. I had the same error happen to me earlier today too.
    Right, but I still wanted to play. Didn't think I'd have to close the entire program. Now I know for the next time.

UbiNoty's Avatar Community Representative
    We're aware that there are still problems that leave players no other option to quit and that this will still give the 10-minute quit penalty. Keep in mind, it's not a ban, just a temporary suspension from matchmaking, and we're very sorry that this still occurs.

We do know it is a major pain point for you all and we've let the team know many times about this issue, and they're doing their best to fix it. Some issues aren't easy to fix, but we're working as quickly as we can to resolve it.

I apologize again, and will do my utmost to try and get some progress updates on this.

Don't forget to send in a ticket to support too about this if you have a moment!