Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RANT (What could have been perfect settled for | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Why did ubi have to take on the simplistic approach? Why have a good game that could have been perfect if it wasnt for the fact that ubi are plain lazy? This is sort of a sequel to the other thread in this similiar area, i've just added my viewpoints to what could have been improved.
    1. Who the hell came up with the idea of having three indentical attachments to most AR's and SMG's? Since when did silenced M14's become standard mil-spec? How about silenced M82A1's? (It does exist, but only if you send the entire gun to a separate firm that has to switch barrels and rebuild the whole forward section of the gun for an additional cost of about 3000$.) And silenced PSG1's? I doubt that someone would ever tamper with a gun's barrel worth 10 000$ just to make it a bit more silent...
    That was just the silencer issue.....
    Up to date, i have never seen or heard of 50/17/15 round mags for the CZ61, Desert Eagle .357 or Desert Eagle .50AE respectively. (Just the plain fact that these guns are in the game amazes me... The fact that these guns are the most poorly implemented guns in the game amazes me too. Bad sound, bad handling, they look way too small... Yuck! Shame on you, ubi!) On the other hand, most weapons which have beta C-Mags in the game also have C-Mags in real life, so i cant complain on that...
    On the other hand, i do complain that the TAR-21, MTAR-21 and the FN P90 have integrated scopes (Yes, scopes, not Aimpoints.) that cant be used in-game..... Shame on you ubi.com, yet again. Which brings me to the point.... Why the hell have a choosable attachment which is a 3.5x magnifying scope for a 9mm SMG which doesnt even have an effective range longer than the magnifying itself? Why didnt they put in Trijcon Reflex sights or Red Dot Aimpoints for the submachineguns instead of the anonymous "Mini-scope"? Not only would it have been MUCH more realistic, but also cooler and more useful. (Since accauracy with MP5 miniscope is crap, the accauracy is low, the gun is comparatively weak, blah blah. The Aimpoint allows quicker target-acuisition with INCREASED accauracy....)
    And finally, the most important point of all; WHO THE F*** PUTS A SCOPE ON A SHOTGUN!??! Why not have a flashlight-attachment instead?

2. Factual errors about reloading. This brings me to the MP5, mainly. First off, i've always thought that the MP5 never was loaded to more than its maximum magazine capacity. (Meaning having 30 rounds in the gun, TOTAL.), but since i dont know the Counter-terrorism regulations for this matter, i'll leave this point alone.
    Anyway; the empty reload animation for all HK MP-series machineguns are faulty. After the last round if fired, the bolt stays locked in rearward position. (That small handle above the forward handguard.) To reload, you remove the old mag, insert a fresh one, and slap the bolt down.
    The current empty animation would only have been correct if RAINBOW operatives wouldnt have loaded their guns to max. mag. capacity with one additional round in chamber, and if so, the current empty animation would have been displayed at EVERY SINGLE RELOAD, except for empty reloads, because the empty reload would have been the same as the one described above.
    The Fiveseven (In-game known as "AP Army"(?!)) has a faulty empty animation as well - The standard version of the gun doesnt have a external slide-release. The slide can only be disengaged from rearward locking by pulling it backwards some additional millimetres.

3. AI is acceptable, but can be dodgy, to say the least. What kind of a special force operative makes a 90 degree turn to the right in the middle of a firefight while standing face-2-face with a bloodthirsty terrorist, while he has the element of surprise and in reality, that terrorist would have been scared s***less?

4. Popular weapons that have been left out; Glock-series, (I'd replace the Desert Eagles with Glocks, ANYDAY!) SIG SG Assault Rifle-series, russian general purpose machinegun PKM (which i'd replace the RPD with anyday),

5. Excruciatingly stupid handling of bolt-action rifles. Fastest f***ing bolt-action handling ive ever seen! If Lee Harvey Oswald wouldnt have been this fast and accaurate, he'd defenitly be JFK's killer, hands down.
    No zooming out, no bolt-cocking animation, extreme speed...... What the hell?

If i feel like it, i'll extend this list. Public is welcome to add points, too. Just be sure to start from 6, proceeding upwards in orderly fashion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Why did ubi have to take on the simplistic approach? Why have a good game that could have been perfect if it wasnt for the fact that ubi are plain lazy? This is sort of a sequel to the other thread in this similiar area, i've just added my viewpoints to what could have been improved.
    1. Who the hell came up with the idea of having three indentical attachments to most AR's and SMG's? Since when did silenced M14's become standard mil-spec? How about silenced M82A1's? (It does exist, but only if you send the entire gun to a separate firm that has to switch barrels and rebuild the whole forward section of the gun for an additional cost of about 3000$.) And silenced PSG1's? I doubt that someone would ever tamper with a gun's barrel worth 10 000$ just to make it a bit more silent...
    That was just the silencer issue.....
    Up to date, i have never seen or heard of 50/17/15 round mags for the CZ61, Desert Eagle .357 or Desert Eagle .50AE respectively. (Just the plain fact that these guns are in the game amazes me... The fact that these guns are the most poorly implemented guns in the game amazes me too. Bad sound, bad handling, they look way too small... Yuck! Shame on you, ubi!) On the other hand, most weapons which have beta C-Mags in the game also have C-Mags in real life, so i cant complain on that...
    On the other hand, i do complain that the TAR-21, MTAR-21 and the FN P90 have integrated scopes (Yes, scopes, not Aimpoints.) that cant be used in-game..... Shame on you ubi.com, yet again. Which brings me to the point.... Why the hell have a choosable attachment which is a 3.5x magnifying scope for a 9mm SMG which doesnt even have an effective range longer than the magnifying itself? Why didnt they put in Trijcon Reflex sights or Red Dot Aimpoints for the submachineguns instead of the anonymous "Mini-scope"? Not only would it have been MUCH more realistic, but also cooler and more useful. (Since accauracy with MP5 miniscope is crap, the accauracy is low, the gun is comparatively weak, blah blah. The Aimpoint allows quicker target-acuisition with INCREASED accauracy....)
    And finally, the most important point of all; WHO THE F*** PUTS A SCOPE ON A SHOTGUN!??! Why not have a flashlight-attachment instead?

2. Factual errors about reloading. This brings me to the MP5, mainly. First off, i've always thought that the MP5 never was loaded to more than its maximum magazine capacity. (Meaning having 30 rounds in the gun, TOTAL.), but since i dont know the Counter-terrorism regulations for this matter, i'll leave this point alone.
    Anyway; the empty reload animation for all HK MP-series machineguns are faulty. After the last round if fired, the bolt stays locked in rearward position. (That small handle above the forward handguard.) To reload, you remove the old mag, insert a fresh one, and slap the bolt down.
    The current empty animation would only have been correct if RAINBOW operatives wouldnt have loaded their guns to max. mag. capacity with one additional round in chamber, and if so, the current empty animation would have been displayed at EVERY SINGLE RELOAD, except for empty reloads, because the empty reload would have been the same as the one described above.
    The Fiveseven (In-game known as "AP Army"(?!)) has a faulty empty animation as well - The standard version of the gun doesnt have a external slide-release. The slide can only be disengaged from rearward locking by pulling it backwards some additional millimetres.

3. AI is acceptable, but can be dodgy, to say the least. What kind of a special force operative makes a 90 degree turn to the right in the middle of a firefight while standing face-2-face with a bloodthirsty terrorist, while he has the element of surprise and in reality, that terrorist would have been scared s***less?

4. Popular weapons that have been left out; Glock-series, (I'd replace the Desert Eagles with Glocks, ANYDAY!) SIG SG Assault Rifle-series, russian general purpose machinegun PKM (which i'd replace the RPD with anyday),

5. Excruciatingly stupid handling of bolt-action rifles. Fastest f***ing bolt-action handling ive ever seen! If Lee Harvey Oswald wouldnt have been this fast and accaurate, he'd defenitly be JFK's killer, hands down.
    No zooming out, no bolt-cocking animation, extreme speed...... What the hell?

If i feel like it, i'll extend this list. Public is welcome to add points, too. Just be sure to start from 6, proceeding upwards in orderly fashion.

XyZspineZyX
    what the langauge please. If the filter blocks a word, that means you don't use it with charactors to get around the filter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raven Shield/Lock On Forums Moderator
    "It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
    oh man did you open the gates of hell. Prepare thy self.

1.The M82, you can field switch the barrel. to a fully suppressed rifle.

2.You can attach a suppressor to any gun (cept shotguns).

3. You can't put a price on freedom. So a 10,000 dollar barrel is worth the lives of the many it saves.

4.You can make or acquire any size magazine for any weapon. It can be done.

5. MTAR AND P90, both guns can be dismantled and reassembled for the purpose needed. Quickly too.

6. The idea of an mp5 9mm, is for CQB to mid range. You are not going to engage a target 1000 yards out with a 9mm. let alone 300 yards.( you pick the right tool for the job)

7.You have to chamber a round, no matter what, so 30+1=31.

8. Dont know for sure no the shotty, but it might be useful for slug shots.

As for the rest, you are probably right.

But it is just a game.

My ladder stats. Albeit not good.

XyZspineZyX
    I dont really get your point for issue #6... Youre saying the same thing as me....
    #1 Dont know anything about that.
    #2 What im talking about here is MIL-SPEC (Military Specific) Not anything which you send to a factory to get a custom job.
    #3 I have yet to see a real life surpressed PSG1. And 10 000$ is a whole lot for a rifle, even for the Police. Plus, surpressing a PSG1 is a very stupid thing to do, since if used correctly, the threat wont know what hit him, making no need for a silencer. Plus; Silencer greatly affect trajectories.... why screw up a perfect trajectory accomplished by the standard barrel? The whole point is; sniper rifles with attached surpressors is just plain stupid, with the exception of dedicated covert op rifles like the VSS as AWC.
    #4 Yet again i refer to Mil-spec.
    #7 Youre missing the point. 30+1 can only be accomplished by inserting a mag, pulling charging handle, then inserting ANOTHER fresh mag. Magazines are always loaded to standard size. If you just take a mag for lets say an M16, insert it, and pull the charging handle, you're left with 29+1, NOT 30+1. And military regulations state that there should never be more than the magazines maximum capacity number of rounds in the guns. In case of the M-16, this means that you never do a mid-mag reload without pulling the charging handle to eject the previous round, going from 30+1 to 29+1.
    8. If you're gonna use a scoped shotgun with slugs, why not use an M4 with ACOG instead?

P.S: WHY WONT MY SIGNATURE PICTURE WORK!!?!

Message Edited on 10/13/03â 05:13PM by R0L4ND

Message Edited on 10/13/0311:48AM by DayGlow

XyZspineZyX
    Wh the f*** cares? It's a frickin game..Period.

You want the real thing, join the goshdarn Army/Marines then. Support your frickin country and use the real weapons if RvS isn't "real" enuf for you.

XyZspineZyX
    Four words:

I

Live

In

Sweden

Plus, i'd like the game to live up to its reputation as the most realistic CT-shooter out there. So do it. And furthermore, i am complaining about these specific points, not the game itself. Maybe i dont wanna join the "frickin" army/marines, because i dont wanna get mud splashed all over myself while some dimwit yells at me. I'd rather stay at home and play the same thing on the computer.
    I've also got three more years til' i get called in, so take a look at my signature pic, then act accordingly. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

<\

Message Edited on 10/13/0311:49AM by DayGlow

XyZspineZyX
    lol..Does sweden have a military?

XyZspineZyX
    Just for show. After their parades they all go home and drink tea out of pink cups.

Message Edited on 10/13/0311:50AM by DayGlow

XyZspineZyX
    LOL..crazy..Dude, I know this must bug you, but honestly to me, I just don't care about the realistic guns. I just play because I enjoy the game, so no offense to you. Sorry. I just like the game and playing in my team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast