Why did ubi have to take on the simplistic approach? Why have a good game that could have been perfect if it wasnt for the fact that ubi are plain lazy? This is sort of a sequel to the other thread in this similiar area, i've just added my viewpoints to what could have been improved.
1. Who the hell came up with the idea of having three indentical attachments to most AR's and SMG's? Since when did silenced M14's become standard mil-spec? How about silenced M82A1's? (It does exist, but only if you send the entire gun to a separate firm that has to switch barrels and rebuild the whole forward section of the gun for an additional cost of about 3000$.) And silenced PSG1's? I doubt that someone would ever tamper with a gun's barrel worth 10 000$ just to make it a bit more silent...
That was just the silencer issue.....
Up to date, i have never seen or heard of 50/17/15 round mags for the CZ61, Desert Eagle .357 or Desert Eagle .50AE respectively. (Just the plain fact that these guns are in the game amazes me... The fact that these guns are the most poorly implemented guns in the game amazes me too. Bad sound, bad handling, they look way too small... Yuck! Shame on you, ubi!) On the other hand, most weapons which have beta C-Mags in the game also have C-Mags in real life, so i cant complain on that...
On the other hand, i do complain that the TAR-21, MTAR-21 and the FN P90 have integrated scopes (Yes, scopes, not Aimpoints.) that cant be used in-game..... Shame on you ubi.com, yet again. Which brings me to the point.... Why the hell have a choosable attachment which is a 3.5x magnifying scope for a 9mm SMG which doesnt even have an effective range longer than the magnifying itself? Why didnt they put in Trijcon Reflex sights or Red Dot Aimpoints for the submachineguns instead of the anonymous "Mini-scope"? Not only would it have been MUCH more realistic, but also cooler and more useful. (Since accauracy with MP5 miniscope is crap, the accauracy is low, the gun is comparatively weak, blah blah. The Aimpoint allows quicker target-acuisition with INCREASED accauracy....)
And finally, the most important point of all; WHO THE F*** PUTS A SCOPE ON A SHOTGUN!??! Why not have a flashlight-attachment instead?
2. Factual errors about reloading. This brings me to the MP5, mainly. First off, i've always thought that the MP5 never was loaded to more than its maximum magazine capacity. (Meaning having 30 rounds in the gun, TOTAL.), but since i dont know the Counter-terrorism regulations for this matter, i'll leave this point alone.
Anyway; the empty reload animation for all HK MP-series machineguns are faulty. After the last round if fired, the bolt stays locked in rearward position. (That small handle above the forward handguard.) To reload, you remove the old mag, insert a fresh one, and slap the bolt down.
The current empty animation would only have been correct if RAINBOW operatives wouldnt have loaded their guns to max. mag. capacity with one additional round in chamber, and if so, the current empty animation would have been displayed at EVERY SINGLE RELOAD, except for empty reloads, because the empty reload would have been the same as the one described above.
The Fiveseven (In-game known as "AP Army"(?!)) has a faulty empty animation as well - The standard version of the gun doesnt have a external slide-release. The slide can only be disengaged from rearward locking by pulling it backwards some additional millimetres.
3. AI is acceptable, but can be dodgy, to say the least. What kind of a special force operative makes a 90 degree turn to the right in the middle of a firefight while standing face-2-face with a bloodthirsty terrorist, while he has the element of surprise and in reality, that terrorist would have been scared s***less?
4. Popular weapons that have been left out; Glock-series, (I'd replace the Desert Eagles with Glocks, ANYDAY!) SIG SG Assault Rifle-series, russian general purpose machinegun PKM (which i'd replace the RPD with anyday),
5. Excruciatingly stupid handling of bolt-action rifles. Fastest f***ing bolt-action handling ive ever seen! If Lee Harvey Oswald wouldnt have been this fast and accaurate, he'd defenitly be JFK's killer, hands down.
No zooming out, no bolt-cocking animation, extreme speed...... What the hell?
If i feel like it, i'll extend this list. Public is welcome to add points, too. Just be sure to start from 6, proceeding upwards in orderly fashion.