Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster F-22 & TQS | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I just broke my CH-combat F-16 Combat stick. It was a great stick,(I've had it for over 7 years) So, now I need to throw my f-22 & tqs back on the computer. The problem is I just upgraded to XP for Lock-On and I know that gameport programming is a problem. I thought I saw someone mention a workaround for this in a post.(did a search and found nothing) Can anyone tell me how to program my F-22 & TQS in xp? I do not have the digital upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

AMD 2500+
    A7N8X MB
    1gig pc3200 ram
    Saphire 9800
    80gig SATA HDD
    F22 , TQS & Elite peddals
    2x Masterpilots
    TrackIR
    A/B pit
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I just broke my CH-combat F-16 Combat stick. It was a great stick,(I've had it for over 7 years) So, now I need to throw my f-22 & tqs back on the computer. The problem is I just upgraded to XP for Lock-On and I know that gameport programming is a problem. I thought I saw someone mention a workaround for this in a post.(did a search and found nothing) Can anyone tell me how to program my F-22 & TQS in xp? I do not have the digital upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

AMD 2500+
    A7N8X MB
    1gig pc3200 ram
    Saphire 9800
    80gig SATA HDD
    2x Masterpilots
    TrackIR
    A/B pit

XyZspineZyX
    If they are anything like my old CH setup then the simplest way to do it is to copy the programming software and the profile you want to load to a disk then use a boot disk to restart the computer into dos and run the program from there...if the program is to big for a disk try a cd..if to big or wont run from a cd then you could setup a Fat32 partition that can be read in dos but thats alot of work just to program your stick...

XyZspineZyX
    Does anyone know if using a gamport to usb adapter will work? I sure hope i dont have to do all that fartin around just to get my stick programmed...

AMD 2500+
    A7N8X MB
    1gig pc3200 ram
    Saphire 9800
    80gig SATA HDD
    2x Masterpilots
    TrackIR
    A/B pit

XyZspineZyX
    Dunno about using dos and the original utils but i can recommend upgrading to a digital setup with bob churches SWf22 chip set.

make the comp think that the controllers are USB and you can dump the keyboard lead. Use this with digital foxy programming software and your onto a winner.

try google for

SWF22

And you will find what you need

Regards

XyZspineZyX
    Is programming and writing macros for the digital F22 any easier than with the analog? It would be nice if it was a little less complicated to program. Thanks for the help by the way...

AMD 2500+
    A7N8X MB
    1gig pc3200 ram
    Saphire 9800
    80gig SATA HDD
    2x Masterpilots
    TrackIR
    A/B pit

XyZspineZyX
    You can get the SWF kit at Flight Sim central. I have it in my F22 and my TQS (back up sticks). Not sure if you still have to buy Foxy 2, but that's the program you really want to use with those sticks.

Also make sure you download Bob Church's XP compatible SWF drivers. (If they exist....I was using windows 2k at the time).

All in all, it wasn't a bad setup.

XyZspineZyX
    I have it as yo have but for that you need to install a dualboot system on your PC... i have on mine win ME and Win xp pro... every time i want to load a prog on to the stick i just reboot on win me and do d/l to the jostick and them go back to win.

to make a program i used foxy them save on the hard disk and i want that i reload it ( same process)...

XyZspineZyX
    There is or was a very powerful program called "Fox 2 Pro".
    But- programing the F22/TQS was at most never easy for a beginner with this or the old thrustmaster programs. The learning curve is moderate to hard for using Foxy, depending on what you want the stick to do. From plain jane stuff to DEF and RAW funtions....But- it made this combo one of the most powerful out there until maybe Cougar....

A "good" opinion, is worth only the time and experience involved to create it...

XyZspineZyX
    Thuziel wrote:
    - Is programming and writing macros for the digital
    - F22 any easier than with the analog? It would be
    - nice if it was a little less complicated to program.
    - Thanks for the help by the way...
    -

Hi Thuziel,

Owning an analog F16-FLCS/TQS and having just gotten Bob's digital kit for it last week, I'd say it's no easier or harder to program than the analog version. Some commands have changed, some are dropped, some new ones added but mainly it's the same.

But the beauty of this upgrade is, programming *can* be a thing of the past - the new chips allow the F16 or F22 and the TQS to output standard windows game controller buttons! So if you can assign your game commands to joystick buttons from within the game, there is no programming to do at all. The FLCS/TQS becomes a 32-button controller with the upgrade, I imagine it's the same for F22/TQS.

Of course if you need something more complex than 1 button press producing 1 keystroke, then there *will* be programming needed.

Boohoobadboy mentioned the Digital Foxy programming utility by James Hallows, it was written for use with the upgrade but is sadly no longer available - he says on his page he stopped selling it last summer due to "costs and red tape" But Fox Two, the non-digital version is still available for free, and will produce most of the code you need. Depending on what you want to do, you *may* need to go in and make some manual edits after building the program with Fox Two. If you want Fox Two (and don't have it already) it's here:

http://www.flyfoxy.com/FoxTwo.html

Click the link in the frame, "Fox Two Freeware".

Hope this helps! You can't go wrong with the upgrade, my FLCS/TQS has been collecting dust since I upgraded to XP in Nov 2001 and I wish I'd got it a long time ago!

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast