AnEnticingSquid's Avatar Member

A cheater using exploits just took 10k from you...

Can't believe I watched this tournament all day just to see the final match be a cancer fest... I know the devs had their heads in their hands watching this guy wipe the floor with everybody by exploiting failed mechanics in the game. What a pathetic display for the game. It amazes me to no end that you... people... didn't warn the contestants that WILLFULLY ABUSING BUGGED MECHANICS WILL GET YOU DISQUALEFIED. You were played... And the person actually not abusing the games ****ty mechanics got destroyed and you let it happen. I can't believe what I just saw. I really can't. The most unprofessional tourney I've ever seen. You even forgot to ban exploits. I really hope you guys are disappointed with what you saw because hot damn, everybody watching it was. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call to you all that this game has some serious design problems. I truly am amazed... it is almost unbelievable to see how pathetic this was.
     1 people found this helpful

How bad was it? What was he doing? Link? I saw a couple matches of people playing like absolute scumbags which i expected, so just didnt bother, not the sort of games anyone wants to watch.

Originally Posted by Trbevis Go to original post
    How bad was it? What was he doing? Link? I saw a couple matches of people playing like absolute scumbags which i expected, so just didnt bother, not the sort of games anyone wants to watch.
    It was basically unlock=unparriable abuse that got the wins.

Again, both players were really good overall and they certainly did not need to use those unlock abuse, but they did. It just happens the Nobushi's unlock abuse was more effective than the cent's, that got him the win.

It also shows you just exactly WHY competitive players say cents are limited. The two most 'educating' matches were Bandan vs Sipher, and the final.

So in the pros eyes the only thing not making cent OP is the fact his unlock unblockable glitch game is weak. We see how stupid this is right

Originally Posted by Linnix1 Go to original post
    So in the pros eyes the only thing not making cent OP is the fact his unlock unblockable glitch game is weak. We see how stupid this is right
    It's an unrelated issue. Why the cent is "weak" is displayed in comparison between Cent vs. Shug match in comparison with the final Cent vs. Nobushi match.

Sipher took up the Shug despite the caster's correctly pointing out its a bad matchup. Also, the match before that which pit the Shug against the PK was a pretty aggressive and fun match, so up to that point Sipher was feeling a little gregarious and not too "uptight" about being competitive. Then, up against the Cent, the first few rounds were disastrous. Sipher played in a "normal" manner, whereas Bandana's Cent literally "shut down" himself and just turtled up to almost non-action.

For the crucial first few rounds Bandana had almost no aggressive moves at all, no real combos, no mixups, no atempts to attack at all. Just pure, 100% reactive turtle. Sipher up to that point trued a few aggressive moves himself, and that got him GBd too much in wall-heavy maps which landed him losses.

Then, observe the last few rounds. You could see the anger in Sipher's expression as he plays. He probably didn't expect Bandana to be THAT passive. So you can really see Sipher's shug changing his own playstyle in a very deliberate "taunt" to Bandana's cent. EXACT SAME MIRRORING of Bandana's own attitude, and guess what, the round ended up in tie becase the cent couldn't land even one good attack on the shug.

In the end Bandana won because he had the initial few rounds under his belt, and the pressure of loss opened Sipher's shug up to press on the attack, and sipher could have won, except he made a critical mistake on a wall-flop angle and ended up running a failed Demon's Embrace.

Even if the matchup was disadvantaged for the shug, once Sipher got angry enough to make a statement by playing in the exact same manner Bandana did, things just stopped for his cent right there.

Then compare the matchup in the finals against a Nobushi. The Nobushi played turtle even better than the cent in that matchup. He used the advantage of range wisely, but he also played even more defensively than the cent had done to others so far. Very few attacks were traded, and not only that: once Bandana lost a few rounds, you could see him getting impatient and trying more mixups and attacks -- and you can see the Nobushi basically doing the EXACTLY the thing I recommend players who have probs with cent need to practice: countering major attacks. If anything the Nobushi's defense against the Cent in the finals was absolutely flawless. Proper CGBs on all major heavy-feints, all quickthrows were also CGBd, and didn't take any real risks in dodging legion kick and stuff. The defense was legit, and very good.

So, what got the Nobushi the win in this deadlock situation was he was simply more clever in placing his own unlock abuse, which Bandana constantly tried to parry and failed, and you can really see his face growing red with anger everytime he got suckered by that move.

So what's the point? None of all them combos or superduper attacks ever really work in a serious duel against a defensive opponent. So it basically comes down to who turtles better. If the cent turtles better and draws out a few parries or GBs, then he wins... except this is basically how ALL classes play. It means the cent isn't anything special at all. Two combatants stare each other down doing their feint games. If the cent gets in around two Parries or two GBs then he wins. But then again, you can do the exact same thing against the Cent and win. He's mid-tier. He does what everyone else does. He doesn't have any "EXTRA" pressure to put upon the other guy to "open" his opponent up.

Lol, yeah, I don't buy it either.

So the cent lost because he didn't turtle up like a eastern box turtle. That sounds more like a player problem than a character problem to me

bushi won cause of her superior unlock tech

cobra strike unlock

zone unlock

sidewinder unlock

did he even bother to try something else

Roman Comment soon u will need to change your playstyle

i'am glad he knows his game is full of exploit

of course before we talk about balance how about fix the unlock tech once and for all , yes cent is weak because he got a weak unlock tech

and Nobushi is only strong because her unlock tech is superior no more no less

AnEnticingSquid's Avatar Member
    So the cent lost because he didn't turtle up like a eastern box turtle. That sounds more like a player problem than a character problem to me
    No, the cent lost because the nobushis attacks were unparryable, basically uninteruptable, and never ending. All he could do was block and try to catch the nobu messing up in his unlock abuse. He picked cent because he knew it was his only chance to win because of his insane parry punish. He clearly was the superior player. No doubt the nobu was a very good player, but he didn't lose a single match and at the end said " I didn't think it would be this easy.". Because no one imagined you could abuse the game this bad.