Warden..

I swear, if i get killed by one more warden vortex spam, if they dont nerf that again, then i dont know if i wanna play this game anymore. I dont have trouble with any of the other characters, its just this stupid warden spam. Such as, he/she has 3 possible mix ups with warden vortex, i only can dodge and counter guard break, and i dont have enough time to see which one he/she is going to do. He/she can let it fly, or charge it, or cancel into guard break, if i dodge 2 of these will catch me and he/she will get a free heavy. If i dont dodge and they let it fly they can get another 2 lights on me, and then it happens again. Now if you do manage to counter this, you dont get any damage at ALL.... Like... what are they thinking?! if they are going for realism, what the crap?!? If some guy, tries to hit me with a shoulder bash in real life, and he misses, either he will stumble on the ground, or just stumble, and if i grab him, hes not gonna do anything.... but guess what... when you dodge and he misses, you cant guard break him, same with conq, if he misses he doesnt get punished at all. the only way you can kill them is if you can parry lights, and MOST of the players cannot. Because i swear every competent warden will just spam lights until you screw up, and then your gonna get atleast half your health gone. its just degrading, i want to be good at the game, but i cant get better when this is the meta, either they turtle as a conq and you really cant do anything, or they spam the crap outta you and you still cant do anything unless you can parry lights, i know that they "might" be fixing this on the 15th, but the quit penalty didnt solve anything, if they are raging, they will quit ANYWAY...! i love the concept of this game, but it seems like the developers just dont care, or they are too lazy to do anything about it. I dont want to accuse them of anything, but why wouldnt they have dedicated servers in the first place? i think balancing and the servers are the only thing holding this game down. i mean its been a couple of months, and i understand that they are busy, and they have some other things to do. But dont ignore us and not fix the things we want! for goodness sake i feel like in the Q&A They just picked questions they wanted, and didnt fix or do anything about the questions that NEED to be answered. I dont wanna flame the game or anything, thats the last thing i want to do. but its tiring, i almost feel like i wasted my money on this game.

The verdict, is that i love the concept, but everything else good be better.
     1 people found this helpful

If you play an assassin character like Orochi or Beserker it's really not a huge problem. I main one and second the other, no warden has ever given me that much trouble from trying to spam. Solution being you just side dodge into a side attack. Helpful for two reasons; if they charge and follow through with it they'll always miss and you get that free hit or two from the dodge into side strike. If they cancel into guard break, your side dodge into side attack interrupts guard break, and you get a free hit.

Also, yes he can and is punished all the time for missing the charge, you just gotta practice doing this enough to know when and how.

also also, any competent warden -should- know that that shoulder bash actually has been nerfed into the ground and is now only good in specific circumstances.

Also also also, pretty pointless to compare anything in this game to real life. Its a game based in a fictional world as presented through creative licensing and choreographed combat.

.....furthermore, they're releasing fixes for the turtle meta come start of season 3, so no need to panic about this being the meta for much longer.

If you just recently picked up the game, take comfort in the fact that many players on this forum were once where you are now, it sucks, we get it. but you'll get better the longer you play, simple as that.

He has the smallest kit in the game. It should not be hard to learn his simple mechanics. Top light is almost never followed by another so back dodge and GB him post bash. in other cases just roll away, not dodge back. GB a block on his area (which when you're on low health you should be baiting) and avoid top guard attacks. Relax bruv

Yea.

Yeah, the only problem with me, is that i really dont like the way assassins play. I love playing heavy characters. So usually that will screw me over in the long run... Players who dont main assassins will just get screwed over, and im not a player to play whats the meta, i like doing what i want. But this game honestly just screws people over that dont play the meta. And i have been playing this game since launch, im not a super good player, but i have like 3000-1000 kills and deaths, and i have always been screwed over by warden spam, i understand that i will probably play this game again, its a great game and i love it, but i also despise it. I also understand that i probably will get screwed over again, its just that i havent been frustrated enough to actually post something about it.

It doesn't screw whoever doesn't play the meta, it just makes things harder. You actually have to take the time to practice and get better. Got your *** kicked royally by a team in 4v4 or 2v2 or 1v1? keep playing them until you can beat them every round. You also don't really have to be an assassin character to punish the warden. Not sure which heavy character you're using but literally any of them should easily be able to punish warden, conq: dodge and shield bash, warlard: dodge, headbut, hit, Shugoki: devils embrace (pretty sure it cancels out wardens shoulder bash)

I play 2v2 mainly, and i main centurion, so unless i attack first there is no way im gonna be able to counter them. Loosing to the spam, and loosing usually at all, makes you feel worthless and it tires you. Over all i wont play the game unless i play with a friend.

So you play one of the most overpowered characters in the game with the most dominant CC and you play him in 2v2? Dude, no wonder you're getting your *** kicked, you need to either pick a different hero to main or take that ****er into 4v4 because 1v1 or 2v2 centurion is mediocre at best.

I will never play the 4V4 gamemodes until they have dedicated servers, it only takes one rage quit, then im out of the match.

Why does anyone defend this poor mechanic? Not every character can escape the vortex, despite what some believe. Yes, you can attempt to roll away, but that only leaves you with less stamina and a neutral restart.... for the warden to have at it again.

It's a guessing game unless you have dodge attacks or are a lawbringer. It's a poor mechanic that only serves to highlight the wardens poor move list.

Rather than defend the vortex because "without it the warden is nothing!!!" how about we aim to improve the warden so he is viable without it?

No one's defending the warden here, I think. But it really isn't that hard to avoid the vortex, with any character. I've even seen noobs outdo a good vortex spam with everything from shugoki to nobushi to warlard and raider. Not sure why ya'll think it's that OP, Warden hasn't been an issue since he was nerfed a while back.